Bored? Missing something?

samurai nightling

Anyone else already bored with this game? Or just feel like blizzard should of stepped up their game a little more with this than they did?

I just started a Hardcore character to help keep me entertained, which it will for a while, but I'm seriously thinking of getting GW2 when its released and playing that instead. This game has just already gotten repetitive and boring. Diablo 2 had a much better feel about it i think.

These maps feel incredibly small compared to the D2 ones. Even with the randomization you can navigate through one very quickly, theyre not as complex. They look nicer yes, but i don't care for graphics when there's no substance.

The leveling went way too fast. 60 as the new cap isnt enough, and the last few levels didnt take near long enough to acquire. What happened to when in D2 you hit close to the level 90 mark and then each level after that took DAYS upon DAYS to get doing runs and stuff? Just poorly done.

And I miss runewords. Maybe they'll add something like that in later, but for now I really miss being able to make stuff like that.

And then the whole 4 people per game instead of 8. Granted I know its not an MMO game, but reducing the number of people doesn't allow one to play with many of their friends at once, and gives it an even more feel of just a single player game that you have the option to play online with a few other people. If I wanted a single player game I would buy a single player game, and it wouldn't be required to have the internet to play it on either. There's been nights already where i see tons of friends on, but we're all in separate games doing our own things. Might as well be single player.

All in all GW2 is looking pretty good at this point.

• Like 1

I finished Act 1 of Inferno today. When I started Inferno I had around 10,000 DPS and had a lot of trouble killing things in Inferno. Other people I played with had crazy DPS and I was like, "How do you find this stuff?" Of course, they bought it all from the auction house. I looked at the auction house for about 20 minutes, now I have around 23,000 DPS and have no problem with most unique monsters inferno. I think the auction house does partly ruin the loot lust, which is the core of the Diablo franchise. What amazing things will a boss drop? Who cares, I can go buy something just as nice, if not better, on the auction house. It is a bit of a bummer.

I know you don't HAVE to use the auction house but if you don't you're going to be hitting your head against the wall kiting unique monsters around until eventually the game says, "This is taking to long" and starts to drain your HP.

Not to mention the loot drop tables are TERRIBLE. Sure, they're "fixing" inferno drops in 1.0.3, but what about the rest of the game leading up to inferno? Loot isn't consistent at all which is really annoying. In Hell and onward, they should just stop having greys and whites drop. Keep the amount of blue+ items that drop the same, but just drop gold instead of greys/whites. Nothing more frustrating than clicking on a blue+ item, only to misclick because the screen is scrolling with your character and then picking up a white item that sells for 7 gold.

"Hey Blizzard, I tested out the levels you assigned me and its good"

"Cool. Now we just need to increase the monster stats and exp for Nightmare and so on."

"You want me to test those as well?"

"Hahahah.... this guy."

"What about improper scaling of the game? I mean wouldnt it be too hard, or almost impossible without proper testing?"

"Thats what the auction house is for silly willy."

-Blizzard

I'm not entirely sure they play tested a full character from 1-60, Normal-Inferno. This game gets seriously repetitive for those of us who cant make enough money to buy the elite gear in the auction house. And if you do make millions of gold, tell me your secret and then when you do have the elite gear, whats there left to do once you beat Diablo on Inferno?

Well boiler it is fun to play through hell. Trying to get good gear and or gold to buy better gear kept me entertained for about a month now. And I did just start a hardcore character which is fun trying to make sure to stay alive. I'm getting the feeling from most people that the only way to get a feeling of substance from the game is to have a hardcore character and try to keep them alive through level 60. Not sure if Inferno is even a possibility for hardcore characters as you die so incredibly fast sometimes.

I'll get it fired up tonight and I guess start plowing through solo. I'm easily addicted to loot hunting stuff (see my previous addiction to the mediocre Too Human), so I'll put in some time on this.

Once I get the account set up, I guess I'll put my info in the battle tag thread, in case anyone decides they aren't already bored with this game.

At least I got it for $30 instead of $60!

lolololol

*snip*

LOL!

Just beat the skeleton king last night, who erupted into a shower of goodies, including 2 yellows.

Officially hooked.

What is it, when you bet the boss for the first time you get a guarantee yellow(s), as far as I could tell from playing with friends and helping them with bosses. After that I think it goes down to normal drop chance.

For some reason I've been getting much better drops on my Demon Hunter than my Witch Doctor. I killed the last boss last night on Normal and he dropped four yellows. Every chapter boss I've beat has dropped 2-3 yellows. Any large area I finish I usually have a full inventory of blues and yellows before the next area. I have 7% magic find, so I don't know what's going on.

For some reason I've been getting much better drops on my Demon Hunter than my Witch Doctor. I killed the last boss last night on Normal and he dropped four yellows. Every chapter boss I've beat has dropped 2-3 yellows. Any large area I finish I usually have a full inventory of blues and yellows before the next area. I have 7% magic find, so I don't know what's going on.

Poor programming? lol