Update the server plox

Aarkovi

(edited)

I tried to get my fix from that other 10v10, but it was just so...dirty. Friendly fire was on, fire hurts you, smokers' tongues seem to wrap around corners and up/down staircases like heat-seeking missiles, and they can walk while smoking someone; boomers witchslap you halfway across the map, spitters' claws will keep hitting you as like a poison even after you kill them; molotovs, pills, melee weapons, and fire ammo falling from the sky to the point that it's a joke. I kept getting incapped even why I had like 50% health for no apparent reason. No medkits, just defibs. Getting picked up from an incap gave you 100% temp health, but that doesn't seem to matter, as you just randomly fall over every minute or so. And if someone gets smoked back, half the team gets teleported back for "rushing". Now I know what the dark side of the internet looks like. I need to go shower now.

Edited by Aarkovi

I tried to get my fix from that other 10v10, but it was just so...dirty. Friendly fire was on, fire hurts you, smokers' tongues seem to wrap around corners and up/down staircases like heat-seeking missiles, and they can walk while smoking someone; boomers witchslap you halfway across the map, spitters' claws will keep hitting you as like a poison even after you kill them; molotovs, pills, melee weapons, and fire ammo falling from the sky to the point that it's a joke. I kept getting incapped even why I had like 50% health for no apparent reason. No medkits, just defibs. Getting picked up from an incap gave you 100% temp health, but that doesn't seem to matter, as you just randomly fall over every minute or so. And if someone gets smoked back, half the team gets teleported back for "rushing". Now I know what the dark side of the internet looks like. I need to go shower now.

I think you need to get checked - you don't want to bring that sickness back into our server. :blink2:

This is exactly why I wanted to keep the server on a reasonably simple mindset. GC's server is chaotic, but not STUPID chaotic.

(edited)

haha would be funny if we made a list of servers that we all blocked based on criteria like taht... :D

or at least kept a running list lol

Edited by fxsoap

On the topic of bad 10v10 servers... I just saw gameplay video of that Zombie Islands server... all I can say is this:

Yuck. Gross. Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. In that video, I saw someone who was permabanned from our server in there. I guess they get all the riffraff we kick out, lol.

The guy in charge, even slandered GC saying it was a no-steam server when it clearly isn't...even though it was last year I still get a kick out of it.

Yuck. Gross. Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. In that video, I saw someone who was permabanned from our server in there. I guess they get all the riffraff we kick out, lol.

LOL jacky.

Are you intimately familiar with the list....or do you just remember this person vividly?

Now be fair, he changed that quote not long afters to remove us. That and three months later he wrote:

"the following 10v10 communites are legit and do only allow legitime steam users who have bought the game legally: Zombie Islands, sky-gaming, gcftw, wtfgaming, simiancage - support one of these, people."

I have a visual of you driving to where he lives with a baseball bat. True or false?

Sky
(edited)

Yep... back when he slandered, i made a giant post about how GC was a legitimate server. In fact, Zombie Islands bounces on and off between supporting nonsteam.

Visual says he only does nonsteam when his numbers are down, but it's like every other week...

Anyway, he's recently resorted to posting on the maximum spawn steamgroup page advertising his server. I mean, the guy has no class. Err, I guess you already said that.

And he loads his server up with so much crap, I often wonder if people playing are as confused as I am.

I mean, SURE, I only ran two plugins on my server (manager and rpg (or usepoints6 when I swapped it in and out) but rpg was massive, but at least it was clean. I mean, he has like 60+ plugins. Like what the heck? And smokers that can smoke around corners and walk while smoking and other crap is just... bleh.

We should anti-visual talk. =p

Edit:

He clearly stalks these forums, since he sent me a friend request a few minutes after this post. *waves*

Edited by Sky

yeah those are odd

smokers who can pull you where ever and smoker-charge you essentially cause you could be smoked off to death on say....no mercy, hospital roof

jockey who can jump while he jocks you to odd places

boomers who have blinding 'juice'

spitter who can spit twice or makes you slow down in the spit....

all of these things makewhatever post-apocalyptic world this is sound awful. I can't imagine there would be any survivors anywhere. you'd die if you were immune later that day. :icon20:

Yeah. I mean, I think jackie linked the post somewhere, but that guy just went ape, and was accusing everyone he didn't want to suck up to of being non steam.

Unfortunately, after stalking these forums, he immediately sent me a lengthy crybaby post on AM. I didn't read it, but I just forwarded it to someone else. I just don't associate with him or his drama club.

I know communities like to compete sometimes, but I like GC's preference on it. They don't get into other communities business, and just try to run their server and have a good time. I've never seen GC slander anyone, ever, so I just don't understand why someone would slander GC. It was so bad that Jackie actually posted a screenshot proving his community is legitimate, and at the same time, I snagged a screenshot proving that zombie islands was nonsteam (whether it is or isn't anymore).

But, seriously, I mean, I closed my community, because of drama, and, I have to tell you, I love this one because there isn't any!

you know i thought something was missing.

what can we do start a little d-r-a-m-a!? i want to know extremely unimportant details about other ppl's lives and bring it up in gamechat on the server in front of everyone!!!

woooo!!!

Yeah. I mean, I think jackie linked the post somewhere, but that guy just went ape, and was accusing everyone he didn't want to suck up to of being non steam.

Unfortunately, after stalking these forums, he immediately sent me a lengthy crybaby post on AM. I didn't read it, but I just forwarded it to someone else. I just don't associate with him or his drama club.

You should send it to me. I could do with a laugh.