Can members kick or no?

Codrut

GC Coalition Member

Well, today i was playing. It was all good before i join. Then i see 5 guys rushing (far far far far away). We told them repeatably to come back but they dont listen. I kicked one, all was good. Then several players start to argue with me that i am not allow to kick, i am not an admin and other things that i better dont say cause it was simply mean. Then a guy start to swear and scream on the mic like he was posseses.. My question is: Can members kick a player if he issnt following the rules and he got warned (multiple times). Other guy was telling me that it mather only to win (contrary to what this community try to do right?) When i asked for heal, he say that he will not heal me cause he only want to win... Why should we keep those players?

PS: If you see any mistake, ignore it :wink2:

Edited by Codrut

Well, today i was playing. It was all good before i join. Then i see 5 guys rushing (far far far far away). We told them repeatably to come back but they dont listen. I kicked one, all was good. Then several players start to argue with me that i am not allow to kick, i am not an admin and other things that i better dont say cause it was simply mean. Then a guy start to swear and scream on the mic like he was posseses.. My question is: Can members kick a player if he issnt following the rules and he got warned (multiple times). Other guy was telling me that it mather only to win (contrary to what this community try to do right?) When i asked for heal, he say that he will not heal me cause he only want to win... Why should we keep those players?

PS: If you see any mistake, ignore it :wink2:

"Admins are away, time to break the rules"

I dont go around robbing stores just cause cops arnt around. You did no wrong. The game is about teamwork and all the rules are related to such, heck most of valve games have some sort of teamwork related to it. Also if more people swear, open console and record a demo which is easy and is in the sticky if you want to know how.

I wish Members were allowed to make group votes, but I feel like it would get abused to much from what it looks like. Votes like admins do voting for campaign skipping etc.

Edited by ValenAlvern

First of all, we weren't arguing because you weren't allowed to kick, we were arguing because you were still going on and on about the rules when we were altogether. We were simply telling you to calm down. Some were using sarcasm such as "lol when did codrut become an admin?" Chill. The guy who was swearing and screaming was just a troll. The other guy who just wanted to win was probably new to the server and he just ragequit the next round anyways

Edited by Fist

GC Coalition Member

First of all, we weren't arguing because you weren't allowed to kick, we were arguing because you were still going on and on about the rules when we were altogether. We were simply telling you to calm down. Some were using sarcasm such as "lol when did codrut become an admin?" Chill. The guy who was swearing and screaming was just a troll

So why does they start to ignore me and rushed again? And except that, after several warnings that i will kick the rushers, i got tell that i treat them. I was going on the rules cause the new ones dont take it serious. No rush mean you dont have to rush, point. And that guy with "I want to win, not to heal you" didnt tell you nothing? If your new and dont know, listen. (not refering to you in special).

And another thing. Did i scream? Start to use caps or something that i need to calm down?

Edited by Codrut

First of all, we weren't arguing because you weren't allowed to kick, we were arguing because you were still going on and on about the rules when we were altogether. We were simply telling you to calm down. Some were using sarcasm such as "lol when did codrut become an admin?" Chill. The guy who was swearing and screaming was just a troll

So why does they start to ignore me and rushed again? And except that, after several warnings that i will kick the rushers, i got tell that i treat them. I was going on the rules cause the new ones dont take it serious. No rush mean you dont have to rush, point. And that guy with "I want to win, not to heal you" didnt tell you nothing? If your new and dont know, listen. (not refering to you in special).

And another thing. Did i scream? Start to use caps or something that i need to calm down?

They didn't rush again? We all died together after we hopped over the fence because 3 tanks spawned in. I don't understand what your trying to say with the "i got tell that i treat them". There were about 1 or 2 new players. I get what your trying to say, that they rushed far ahead, but we caught up and stuck together until we all died. Some new players can be stubborn and won't obey until someone takes action. Nobody started a vote against him? And all the votes you put up, most people agree'd with and they got kicked out. You weren't screaming or using caps, the thing is that you wouldn't drop the subject about all the rules, etc when everyone was doing fine afterwards. Nobody started rushing, or all that. Yes, there was that Tampon guy troll, but he got kicked and Headshot raged, but you still kept going on and on that's why we told you to calm down.

One of my college teachers who I disliked, through agree'd with him on few occasion had said this once.

"The only person you should get mad at, when someone doesnt understand you, is you." Basically, if you get frustrated for someone not being able to understand your meaning, you have only yourself to blame.

With that in mind we also have people whose first language isnt English. Something as simple as sarcasm can easily come off as insulting. Trolling is always viewed as something negative and is usually frowned upon (wondering if there should be a global rule on this.), especially with people who dont know you (I troll my friends sometimes.).

Unless the group (more then 5) says its ok for a few people to rush, then generally its ok. If there is people saying the person is going to far if less then half of the team is rushing, it isnt ok. Like in the sticky, unless 6 people are down and theres 3 tanks riding you, rushing is deemed ok. Keep in mind "Can I get these people up or not" is what people should be thinking.

Personally I think its easy to kill 3 tanks, but you gotta think how many points and how many more "3 tanks" are you gonna fight as well.

Also demos are good if you're gonna start pointing fingers, member or not (personal opinion).

I think Valen pretty well summed it up with his posts above.

3 tanks are a joke as long as the majority of the team lives... it is pointless to run off and not help the other members of your team. I would have considered it rushing too if your team had a fighting chance to survive and you rushed off to get an extra 20 points of distance or you weren't even a main. This is a team based game, its hard to play properly/win when you aren't playing as a team.

GC Coalition Member

The problem is that there were no tanks... All infected atack us in the back cause most of the main were there. Fist. May i ask what you write there? We all get togheter like a happy family? Cause i start to kick and people still breaking the rules. I will not let it go if you dont respect the rules. How i say, if you new, LISTEN!

The problem is that there were no tanks... All infected atack us in the back cause most of the main were there. Fist. May i ask what you write there? We all get togheter like a happy family? Cause i start to kick and people still breaking the rules. I will not let it go if you dont respect the rules. How i say, if you new, LISTEN!

Dude, yes infected were attacking us, but when we dropped down the hole into the tunnel, we were altogether again. We left 1 behind because there was no use in helping him since he was getting chained and you were a main, he wasn't. I get what your trying to say, if we stuck as a team, we wouldn't have lost those few people and won in the end, but as we were altogether again, you still wouldn't drop the subject. Some of them went ahead to spawn block, but then they CAME BACK to help in the tunnels. We all safely went out of the tunnel, then when we hopped over the fence, 3 tanks spawned in and there were chargers and spitters everywhere. All the mains were down/dead so it was pointless to rush. When you started kicking, everyone was obeying the rules when we caught up together. I'm pretty sure that Snake eyes guy is a regular at gc, and he was even telling you to drop it. He was also the one joking with the "when did codrut become an admin?" No, we didn't get altogether like a happy family, and wound up losing. But I really don't see why you would need to start a thread about this all when all you needed to do was pm an admin asking if you could kick or not. In my eyes, it just looked like you were qqing because a few people weren't listening to you. Sure, some people weren't taking you seriously because you were TOO serious. People started bagging on you because you were getting annoying about the rules

Sorry if what I said above was unnecessary, and I apologize if any of it offended you.

Edited by Fist

Honestly, if no admins were on and people were rushing, kicking from non admins is okay. Like Jackie says, that is the whole reason why members are able to.

The only problem I have with members vote kicking is when they do it while an admin is in game. Members should never kick when an admin is on, because we may need to get an id and ban or etc.

Honestly, if no admins were on and people were rushing, kicking from non admins is okay. Like Jackie says, that is the whole reason why members are able to.

The only problem I have with members vote kicking is when they do it while an admin is in game. Members should never kick when an admin is on, because we may need to get an id and ban or etc.

If you need an ID then you can always refer to the gcftw stats page. Their Steam ID is logged there with the name they last played with on the gcftw server. At least the member who initiated the votekick would be able to tell the Steam Name in which to search for under the stats page.

I know this works because it's how i ninja'd dryfires Steam ID from him.