New Mazda

gOOters

Oooh, this looks neat-o. I am still hunting for my next vehicle. Currently waiting for Z prices to come back down towards Earth.

What do you guys think about this new offering from Mazda? At least 250 HP and VERY lightweight. Will it be quick? Price is in the high $20K's.

New RX-8

Don't go for the regular Z, get this!:

fm_wallpaper_350zroadster_800_01.jpg

Oh yeah, and dweez, it IS a rotary in the RX-8. It is supposed to be built a little bit different to make it both more powerful and reliable.

Edited by SheepNutz

<drooling> Nice pic Sheep...yeah I LOVE the new roadster. It looks terrific because Nissan designed the Z as both a Coupe AND a Roadster at the same time! Sadly, the convertable will prove a little rich for my blood. Also, I have this thing for coupe style sports cars...furthermore, I dont know for sure if I would want a convertable as my only means of transportation. But MAN that car is sexy!

There are many things I would do for a 2004 Impreza WRX STi. The only thing that sucks about them is that they are $32,000 and if I'm gonna spend $32,000 on a car, it's gonna be an S2000, a used M Coupe, or a used NSX.

AceMcbanon Posted on Apr 23 2003, 09:48 AM

Get a new Nissan Maxima. Much better deal for what you get.

Hmmm...that was kinda a sweeping statement ;)

I would be willing to say that the Nissan has a huge margin on comfort, appearance, amenities, and possibly even durability to an extent.

But for flat out performance, the nissan couldn't hold a candle to the scoobie...not in a million years. So I guess it depends on your priorities. Frankly, I dn't think I would ewant to make the STi my only vehicle, I am looking for great performance AND some comfort!

Yah at first I was anti- Japanese cars but the American companies keep sticking with old desings until recently same with saftey etc. It's their own fault they are losing so much share. Plus now that a lot of these cars are being produced in America I don't mind at all.

Goot, have you looked at the Acura RSX at all. I have friend here with one and it is a cool looking little car. I don't know if it will fit the bill but it has a sweet little 6speed and a 200 hp 4 banger. Might be underpowered for what you've been talking about, but it's worth a test drive I'd say.

rsx_gall_wallpaper07_800x600.jpg

rsx_gall_wallpaper06_800x600.jpg

rsx_gall_wallpaper01_800x600.jpg

http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=rsx

:)

man these new guys spam alot <_<

back to the thread...yes Chief, that is a good call. I have looked at it and kinda wrote it off as having not enough ponies. But maybe you are right, the Tppe-S is probably worth a drive, might feel pretty quick with such a small package.

The Japanese are selling it as a Honda Integra and the Type-R gets an extra 20 hp over our Type-S :(