Defibrillators might be counted wrong

Kuma

We just had pretty good round in parish, the part of the map where you have to go into sewer and over car's cemetary. So, the survivors put over 15 + defibs, if not more. The game count it only 4. Can it be checked if something is wrong?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Maybe I need to lurk more, but is there a fix to the game defibbing the wrong people, like when I go out of my way to defib someone who is a main it'll defib someone seemingly randomly.

Also when did respawns start counting as defibs :/ half the fun of them was so that you didn't lost points if you were losing?

• 2 months later...
(edited)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYVrro-Yv4Q

There, debunked this stupid "bug". Now you guys can stop laughing when they get counted wrong.

We just had a game last night on Death toll, map just before finale.

We intentionally only bought witches and they all died from it over and over and defibbed at least 30+ times. At the end it only counted 8.

And the score didn't change to reflect the 20-30+ others :*(

Edited by Soap

Being a programmer it seems to be a problem with the counter if it only counted 8 it must stop then. Also it could be the loop used for the counter it must stay inside the loop while this is happening i would have to look at the code and see. What language is the code written in?

(edited)

As Jackie said it is a Valve's problem probably.

The result about the counter of the defibs is wrong when there's over 20 of them. BUT the score works correctly and the penalty points are extracted from the total.

Edited by mavC

Do realize here that this is designed for 4v4 only. I imagine the designers didn't figure 4 survivors would use 30+ defibs... Especially since you cannot buy them by design.

Or you can't possibly find that many defibs in vanilla versus anyway.

Well I know but this game almost deserves its only Greenlight on Steam's list of 3rd party games. Its literally a different game from l4d2. So I thought maybe we had solved all the issues....we've well YOU guys (jackie and the like) have solved so many I thought this small cosmetic one might have been fixed.

Any chance anyone knows what we could do to fix it?

(edited)

So does this carry over correctly to the next map then? And if so good.

Is there anyway to correct the counter on our end to show more than 8 for....cheering purposes?

If not, can it be added to the end summary "35 defibs occurred" or something?

post-4169-0-04129300-1358182653_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soap

So does this carry over correctly to the next map then?

Yes.

Is there anyway to correct the counter on our end to show more than 8 for....cheering purposes?

It's a Valve problem. Can't be fixed on a third party end.

Maybe.

• Like 1

So does this carry over correctly to the next map then?

Yes.

It's a Valve problem. Can't be fixed on a third party end.

Maybe.

Jackie Have I ever told you?

xoxoxo