The No-Fun Server

Garychios

This is just ridiculous, so I am going to say it. GC has two admins who do tooo much admin work while on the server!

The server is just as fine when you are not on the server. Its actually very uptight when these two admins are on the server and playing. I will be the one to spill the beans. You have half to 3/4 of the GC server PM-ing each other on Steam chat because these two admins are on power trips. I personally like these two admins, but come on. Who the hell cares of a slip up on a game at 11pm? Warnings for all kinds of stupid things etc. Come on, we are here for fun. Its become the joke, the no-fun server.

• Like 1

Ehh, what to do what to say.

Fine here's my change.

Side A) Turbo complains a whole camp about one person, I mean seriously it was every other word (granted one comment was lol more like a joke then an insult) but it never stopped. 2 admins on said nothing. I actually asked nicely for him to stop which he did for a fair amount of time and then started up again and I asked nicely to stop and he did. SO it was cool.

Side B ) Then I was in another camp were one person said one bad thing about someone and 2 different admins were on and POUNCED!

Balance is so off right now. But people forget you have to get 3 warnings to be kicked, granted sometimes they do just kick for certain things i.e. stacking but you can come right back in.

Think about it this way when someone types out w. t. f. and gets warned and they person who got warned response is "Don't warn me bro"(this actually happened). I can imagine the admins are fed up.

Maybe if we follow the rules, with the occasional you suck (per session who hates everyone), or good fun and stop trying to break the rules the admins wouldn't come off as such Hard butts.

We have admins who do nothing and we have admins who do a lot. So who wins.

Edited by chick82

Ehh, what to do what to say.

Fine here's my change.

Side A) Turbo complains a whole camp about one person, I mean seriously it was every other word (granted one comment was lol more like a joke then an insult) but it never stopped. 2 admins on said nothing. I actually asked nicely for him to stop which he did for a fair amount of time and then started up again and I asked nicely to stop and he did. SO it was cool.

Side B ) Then I was in another camp were one person said one bad thing about someone and 2 different admins were on and POUNCED!

Balance is so off right now. But people forget you have to get 3 warnings to be kicked, granted sometimes they do just kick for certain things i.e. stacking but you can come right back in.

Think about it this way when someone types out w. t. f. and gets warned and they person who got warned response is "Don't warn me bro"(this actually happened). I can imagine the admins are fed up.

Maybe if we follow the rules, with the occasional you suck (per session who hates everyone), or good fun and stop trying to break the rules the admins wouldn't come off as such Hard butts.

We have admins who do nothing and we have admins who do a lot. So who wins.

Huh? This is coming out of left field..

I'm not really sure what to make of this thread. Yeah, I guess the admins are not all equally strict. I wasn't there for the vaguely described incident which Turbo is referring to, but as for the question 'who the hell cares' about a slip up on language? The admins care--it's kind of our job to care.

as for the question 'who the hell cares' about a slip up on language? The admins care--it's kind of our job to care.

It is also the member's duty to care as well. Everyone who gave money to GC is investing in the server.

Think of it this way. You manage a store (admins) and ensure everything gets managed properly and smoothly and your customers (members/non-members) come in and do business in your store (server). How would you feel if you notice those same customers stealing store property, damaging merchandise, people trying to cheat the system, and making a mockery of your store? You put in counter-measures against that. You start being more strict on how your display your stuff, close loopholes, and kick people out of your store who deserve it. Every once in a while, you get that big a-hole (people who get banned) who wants to rob your store. What do you do? Do you just let them have their way with all your stuff, or do you put a stop to it? Heck yes I'm going with the latter. You'll get those Good Guy Greg members who decide, "Hey, I like this store, and the people who manage it. I'm going to help the guy out and not have this place get robbed", or you might get those Scumbag Steve members who instigate and make matters worse. Kind of a weird example...

We don't need people instigating admins or trying to push buttons. Yes, this is an open forum to voice concerns, but when they're about people breaking rules and how they feel them being warned/kicked for it unjust, well... you'd have a better chance at pulling your hand out of a whirring blender with it fully intact than winning any arguments about breaking rules.

I also love when people bring up the whole "It's rated M for MATURE. I should be able to swear!" Guess what good ol' Wikipedia says about maturity:

"Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate how a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation and the culture of the society one lives in."

That is what GC is built on: Mature gamers, not mature rated games.

Again, this is not aimed at anyone specifically. Just stating a point.

• Like 3

Personally, I find making fun of another member more immature than cursing. I'm a new member, I don't play very often, of course I'm going to be terrible. If someone says "poop" or something every once in a while, I hardly even notice. But if someone's yelling curse words on the microphone, they need to be banned from VIDEO GAMES...not just the server. There's a certain point where curse words are acceptable...and the bottom line is that the ESRB rates the game as "mature." Some stores, depending on states, can deny your request of purchase of L4D2 if you're under the age of 17 (and sometimes 18). It's not just to prevent the younger audience from buying that kind of content...it's a warning label. It's a "we are not responsible if you see or hear something that you're not supposed to." It's the reason why ESRB doesn't usually rate, if at all, the online gameplay...that's a no brainer. Automatically, anyone who plays the game consents to the warnings of blood, gore, language, etc...so if someone hears someone say "ahhhhhhh truck" when they die after trying too hard, it's not like you don't expect something like that to happen. Of course, everything in moderation...whether it's soundboards, "bad" language (when, keep in mind that words are only GIVEN meaning) etc. Cheating is a no-brainer. I haven't had any problems yet with the admins...but then again...I hardly say anything on voice chat...I do suck though. Really suck.

This reminds me of collegehumor making fun of the Call of Duty thing where people complained about playing the terrorists on the video game. It's stupid and unnecessary.

Edited by Bunny
  • Like 1

This reminds me of collegehumor making fun of the Call of Duty thing where people complained about playing the terrorists on the video game. It's stupid and unnecessary.

Honestly, that was the most fun I had in that game. Don't know why people got so offended by shooting lines of code.

GC Coalition Member

I curse sometimes when i am on the server, i just dont press my mic button while doing it. I dont come on the forums much, I am here right now because the server is down...seems like everyone complains alot on here!

Some people (I also) use open mic :)