Regular infected difficulty level.

ctrlfrk

It seems the regular infected are set to 'easy' at the moment, and they don't really do much except get in the way. I'm still fairly new to the server but as far as I can tell there is never any time that spending points on a horde is worthwhile.

What would you guys think of having the option to 'buy' upgrades to the regular infected?

Yeah raising the difficulty raises damage by far too much (1 -> 2 -> 5 -> 20)

Is it possible to enable just the part of realism where infected losing their limbs doesn't kill them?

I just want some way to make the common infected actually an issue in the game, at the moment they may as well not be there.

I think z_head_damage_causes_wounds is the other cvar that realism CI get. I'm... not sure what it does. I suspect it's the one that causes limbs to drop off from non sniper weapons but it doesn't sound like it from the name.

i thought this was already discussed somewhere? like it's possible on other servers to buy hordes of riot police, clowns, ceda agents, and jimmy gibs juniors.

but a permanent hp increase hmmm.... maybe. right now commons are utter worthless. if anything they stop forward movement because they literally get in your path. more hp would make them be in your path even more so. but fire instantly kills commons, so they still wouldn't do much. if they had more hp, then being incapped while boomed would be seriously dangerous cuz pistols wouldn't be able to kill the commons that well.

but a horde of jimmy gibs juniors......

Can't believe most of you are saying commons are useless, they have 2 key features that make them useful:

1. they can block your way. If they have you surrounded they can really slow you down, and if you're in spit they can incap you that way.

2. they can kill a downed survivor faster than any special infected in the game.

Basically if they catch you alone they're like a big beacon over your head saying "hey! Someone attack this guy!"

GC Coalition Member

Can't believe most of you are saying commons are useless, they have 2 key features that make them useful:

1. they can block your way. If they have you surrounded they can really slow you down, and if you're in spit they can incap you that way.

2. they can kill a downed survivor faster than any special infected in the game.

Basically if they catch you alone they're like a big beacon over your head saying "hey! Someone attack this guy!"

glad you see that :)

I did some testing, a CI with 50k hp still dies pretty easy. And the next tier of damage (2 -> 5) is too high. I agree upgrading all CI would move the focus too far away from the players, but I still feel the 10 point horde needs some help. If it's possible to make it a horde of armoured dudes then that might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

I did some testing, a CI with 50k hp still dies pretty easy. And the next tier of damage (2 -> 5) is too high. I agree upgrading all CI would move the focus too far away from the players, but I still feel the 10 point horde needs some help. If it's possible to make it a horde of armoured dudes then that might be worth looking into.

Maybe we do 75 hp CI then? Or maybe hordes we buy are exactly what you are saying ctrl! :D xoxoxox