Reminder to Regulars

Soap

(edited)

When you talk about L4d2, GC plays its own unique version of L4D2.

I've noticed some people are very angry and mad at new players or players in general lately who don't know how all of US play.

Be kind to these little guys the learning curve is not steep (which means it is fast and easy to figure out), its very low rising.

So try to keep from venting on newbies about how bad they are doing compared to how we all would (points use and everything else crazy we do).

Be this guy:

listen-here-noob.jpg

Edited by Soap
  • Like 2

Yea guys, be nice to soap, he's a cool guy, just doesn't know all the ins and outs yet!

have i told you i love you today?

Not to ME you never did! T___________T

There is a discrepancy on the types of newbie we commonly face. Any player that do either these things: follow/listen/communicate/courteous will find themself a comfortable spot in our server. Although we do have regulars who take the game too seriously.

(edited)

I remember my first time.... it was in my bedroom..... so many people...... screaming.... asking something...... telling me to move faster...... "Spit on him!! Spit on him!!!" they yelled.

It was very exciting.

It always gonna be a little complicated for the new guys. Let's just try to not insult them or then kick them.

When i first started i remember a few names that helped me to understand the server. I'm very thankful.

Edit: typo

Edited by mavC

GC Coalition Member

Hehe. My 1st time was awesome. Like a pro player i played the campaings on xbox (expect l4d 1 maps >_>, but this come more lately), when i join (jackie was still playing) everyone told me nice the point system and we all had fun. Then i wake up.

If you make no attempt at any form of communication or learning how the core gameplay on the server works you will not get far. GC's L4D is a highly competive and extremely fun server (obviously, look at the amount of members we have and the amount of people that play on a regular basis). However, the unfortunate truth of L4D and our server is that ONE SINGLE PERSON can destroy an entire campaign. It's no fun babysitting someone who doesn't care enough to ask a simple question and then typically leaves after they die anyway.

The reason our server is popular is because it's a competive environment. Ask any regular whose been around for over a month and they'll tell you how awful a game can get with noobs who make no attempt to learn. So if you're new but want to learn that's cool we'll all help you out but if you don't you're just making it a bad time for yourself and everyone in the server.

the learning curve is not steep

Yes it is. We have long-time regulars/members who still don't understand very basic aspects of the server's gameplay. They make the exact same mistakes at the exact same spots every time despite dozens of regulars constantly reminding them each and every game.

• Like 1

When you talk about L4d2, GC plays its own unique version of L4D2.

I've noticed some people are very angry and mad at new players or players in general lately who don't know how all of US play.

Be kind to these little guys the learning curve is not steep (which means it is fast and easy to figure out), its very low rising.

So try to keep from venting on newbies about how bad they are doing compared to how we all would (points use and everything else crazy we do).

Be this guy:

listen-here-noob.jpg

This picture of 2 russian vets, guess which one is fake one.