New map, community based, and maybe white listed

BrohamMC

Hello. so im sitting here and i've been on the server twice. No one is on and honestly the builds at spawn are random and misplaced and pretty much every where. I think that we could restart the minecraft server after the new update and hopefully get it back on its feet? also I would suggest maybe a world download in case anyone wanted to save their builds. Just a suggestion but i think its a good one! I will help out as much as i can if it decides to go through we can finalize the rest of the details like the white list possibility later. And the reason for the whitelist is because if it gets active we could have spamers or "trouble makers" appear and i believe we are a clean group so give the feedback pls!

And I personally in about a year am going to start a youtube channel with a MC lets play so i will probably start the series there.

I'd like a fresh start too, when 1.6 comes out for Bukkit. I'll work on my mcedit skills so I can save players' builds. It shouldn't be too hard to move over some of these areas to a new map, for whoever would want that.

I agree that the global spawn area is cluttered and could be greatly improved.

when and if we do actually create a new world lets wait a bit on the mcedit and pls tell me that this a usually a legit server because on one of my earlier servers, admins almost always were in creative mode and if we do mcedit builds over pls edit only the builds but not the chests that way there are no cheaters, and keep the builds on there claim and if at all possible i would love to set up spawn! tell me if anyone watches the Mindcrackers on youtube let me know cause they should know what im talking about when i say community based. if not tell me and ill send a link to the Mindcrack youtube page. If not then if you watch people like Seth Bling on Youtube then you should know about Ultra hardcore. That is what mindcrack is most famous for!

(edited)

Pls learn to use periods, it's very hard to read sometimes XD. But yeah, most of the players are on hiatus for a bit between work or studying. As for white listing, or starting a new world, I think you might have some opposition to that considering that quite a few people have put in a significant amount of time and effort into their builds. Mindcrack is a bit of a unique case, they're an amazing community but for most of them Youtube is their job.

As for a whitelist, I'm all in favour, but a lot of our former regulars were not GC members so that's a decision up to the admins.

Edited by Kitarity

i would agree to transferring builds as long as all of the chests inside were destroyed, and the builds were transferred to peoples claims.

And sorry for not using periods as much as i should.

i would agree to transferring builds as long as all of the chests inside were destroyed, and the builds were transferred to peoples claims.

And sorry for not using periods as much as i should.

I really am against the chest inside the builds being destroyed. I built a mall and have been spending hours getting stuffs to fill all the chest, there are over 100 chest in my mall, and over 100 scattered around my claim filled with all the foods I get from my farm land, my sheep, my cows, my chickens getting eggs.

Plus, I know a lot of others spent hours gathering, that's not cool to void everyone's materials.

Also would we even be able to move my underwater theme park? I think we really need to make sure because it took hours and hours filling it up with water, and I'm not really in the mood to redo all the work I put in.

So can we find out about the move:

1) I'm a yes if everything can move including chests and contents, I.e. my spongebob world.

2) I am 100% against if chest & my theme park can't be moved.

(edited)

just how many people are on hiatus and for how long?

i realize now about the chests. im now not against taking out the chests as long as they are in builds like your theme park and mall.

Edited by BrohamMC

If we use a whitelist, I'd probably remove the GriefPrevention plugin (land claims), because they create annoyances with minecarts, liquids, pistons, etc.

Mojang has announced 1.6 is going to be released sometime this week or next week. We don't have to start a new world, but horses will be difficult to find in existing biomes. I think 1.7 (or whatever comes after 1.6) will be a better time to start fresh with a clean slate because it's speculated there will be large changes to world generation, primarily new biomes.

• Like 1

Burn everything, let's start over! There is no chance to save this world. Burn!

lolz and ...

If we use a whitelist, I'd probably remove the GriefPrevention plugin (land claims), because they create annoyances with minecarts, liquids, pistons, etc.

Mojang has announced 1.6 is going to be released sometime this week or next week. We don't have to start a new world, but horses will be difficult to find in existing biomes. I think 1.7 (or whatever comes after 1.6) will be a better time to start fresh with a clean slate because it's speculated there will be large changes to world generation, primarily new biomes.

ok sounds good!

(edited)

To be honest, I too would actually support starting over completely as soon as 1.6 is released, and using the multi-verse plugin chick suggsted.

We should have three world's survival, creative and pvp with a common nether and end portal in survival mode.

Also since the new release is in the next week or so and starting over is confirmed, we might aswell test out creative mode on the current survival map if possible!

Edited by Avengers
  • Like 1

While I respect that some people like the idea of a new world, I personally (and my GF) would much prefer to keep my area. I would have zero interest in playing on this server anymore if I had to start over, especially when I've invested so much time into a structure I'm not even halfway done with.

Edited by Leonebluen

I'm down for starting a new map in 1.6, cause it usually takes quite some time before new releases. As long as we can save peoples builds who want to and edit them in as needed. One of best parts for me in minecraft is starting from scratch, using what I learned from previous builds and enhance it from there.

• Like 1

(edited)

Well we can transfer builds over from the old survival world to the new one either in the creative or survival verse for the people that don't want to start over. It is quite easy to do actually using snapshot commands from the single player commands plugin.

I tested this in my private server using minecraft 1.6beta...yes horses do spawn in the new areas even after the snapshot of your build is placed.

Edited by Avengers
  • Like 1

that can work the only problem is what people like (im not sure of his coalition name but) cococrispies was un-wanting a change of worlds because he had like 5 double chests full of diamonds 64 each. so that's why im suggesting create a new world to start in but put a portal to the old, and keep inventories separate.

Hey i have a suggestion:

If we're gonna start a new world, yet implement old stuff... i dunno. It's not gonna feel like a fresh start. How about we make a list with stuff people still want to work on (Leone's castle, Chicks maze, ...) and implement that on the new map, and make a 2nd (nostalgia) level in which you can't build anymore, but you can still visit your old structures. I know it's a lot to ask but stuff like the huuuuuuuge castle, Madvillain's house, Biggs' potion shop, my sky castle and village just to name a very limited few are stuff i kinda don't want to just... destroy.

• Like 1