What's all this card business?

Girlzilla

(edited)

This "card" popped up in my Steam inventory.

gobadge_zps00c1d8ba.png

Can someone explain what all this card business is?

I live under a rock.

I also never traded baseball cards as a youngling. I preferred trolls with hot pink hair at the end of key chains.

Edited by Girlzilla

When you are in steam, go to community and then beta market. You can check prices there.

Some cards are like 22 cents to up about even 50 cents (usd). Foil cards are rarer and more expensiver. Some cards have high price atm because they were just released for specific game.

I am not sure how you get more cards when you hit your maximum dropping limit, maybe by increasing your XP level ?

(edited)

When you are in steam, go to community and then beta market. You can check prices there.

Some cards are like 22 cents to up about even 50 cents (usd). Foil cards are rarer and more expensiver. Some cards have high price atm because they were just released for specific game.

I am not sure how you get more cards when you hit your maximum dropping limit, maybe by increasing your XP level ?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

• Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

Edited by VooDooPC