Server notes - current game version = 1.7.2

Biggs

Just so everyone will be aware, I will announce any changes to the server's configuration in this thread. Feel free to comment, just try to be on-topic.

Apologies, I should have made this topic a while ago. :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
GC Alumni

Server updated to Bukkit 1.6.4

This version is aiming to smooth the transition to 1.7's new world generation, particularly for generated structures (villages, witch huts, nether fortresses, strongholds, etc).

The problem is that the locations of some structures is based on the world's seed, and when updating to 1.7 these locations would move since world generation is changed so much. Basically will break nether fortresses and witch huts, and maybe some other things.

The solution is 1.6.4, which will save structure locations in our world independent of the world seed. However, this doesn't happen automatically, any structures we want to keep working properly, we'll have to visit now that 1.6.4 is up, so that the chunks get loaded, and the structure locations get saved.

TLDR: If you want your nether fortresses, witch huts, etc. to still work (spawn blazes, wither skeles, witches) you need to go on the server and visit that area sometime before we put 1.7 on the server. This won't be for a few weeks at least I imagine.

• 1 month later...
GC Alumni

Due to some update that came through NFo, the server was repeatedly crashing. Seems to be running out of memory, but I still have to do some research on which plugins need to be fixed.

At this moment, the server is running the most up to date game version without any bukkit plugins, which is 1.7.2. I assure you this is a temporary measure--the map we had will be back, no worries. Might be a week or so till I have time, since I'm traveling Fri-Sun.

So I decided to join the Minecraft server to see all the new stuff and.... thing is when I was last on I logged out in the Creative world, so now I seem to be stuck in this terrible black void of nothingness. If someone could bring me back to the normal world it would be appreciated.

Also I hope the Creative world gets brought over too, that temple thing I built took me a bit of time and Id really hate for it to be lost.

Update: Well I joined again today and figured out I was somehow deep underground inside blocks. I dug my way out and now I seem to be in the Survival world, there was a house with a ship near it so whoevers that is sorry theres a really deep hole around your house somewhere....

Edited by RadioKnight

Since Minecraft 1.7.2 was released on October 25th we've been working hard towards a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2. As we're working with the Minecraft code base which we have no control over, there is no reliable way to determine a communicable ETA until all the work on the update is actually completed.

Rest assured, we have been hard at work on the update since it came out and are continuing to push towards our first (unsupported) development build.

For the latest news, be sure to check our front page, as well as the @CraftBukkit twitter (see the sidebar for a feed) and my own twitter. If you'd like to be notified by email when the first CraftBukkit 1.7.2 dev build is released, subscribe to our Bukkit Announcements Google Group.

Thanks for your patience and continued support,

EvilSeph (@EvilSeph)

- on behalf of the Bukkit Team

Edited by MaRvIn

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

added a couple of plugins so that brings the addons up to 4

Dynmap

MyTeleporter

Chest Protect

persistent nicknames

for chest protect, use /chest to see the list of commands, with double sided chest you need to protect both sides to protect the whole chest, please be sure to only protect your own chests :)

for nicknames please keep them with the GC naming rules in mind, and with you assign a nickname it will not give you a confirmation just start chatting to see if it worked.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Multiverse is now up and running, there is now a Creative and a Survival world, use /warp Creative and /warp Survival for each respective world.

Please keep respective game modes to there worlds. I would like for all creative construction to stay in the creative world. all currently built structures will be left as I really don't want to have to move them heh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

keeping the server at 1.7.2 until a stable 1.7.8 Bukkit is released and most of the addons... don't want to break what I don't have to. Also the Creative world has received a makeover, it is now the pre 1.6 GC world so feel free to head there using /warp Creative and check out all those old memories from the past. If you would like something moved into the creative world let me know, as of now I will not be moving anything out of the creative world.

(edited)

Bukkit already has there experimental build for 1.7.8 which supports uuids so as they continue forward I will try to integrate it and all the uuids stuffs, I think there will be a little trouble if we are unable to get uuids before 1.8 hits but aside from that it's looking like most plugins and bukkit will allow for a fairly easy switch

I will also start a new versions thread come 1.8 and possibly a uuids thread if need be

Edited by Tirtul