Banned from gcftw lfd2 versus server.

Chris

Hello there,

I was just banned from your versus server and have no clue as to why. There was no reason for myself to believe the ban was necessary without telling me beforehand of anything I was doing was trouble to the server. All I was doing at the time was joining the server and trying to get into either team. I joined the infected then was kicked by the reserved slot shortly after. With the following attempt to join it informed me that I was banned--for what? I would appreciate if amnesty was considered because the ban was administered without my knowledge of any criteria being broken.

Thanks for your time,

Chris

I banned you for 5 mins because you kept joining and spamming chat with !jointeam, !joininfected, !joinsurvivor. Not usually an issue once or twice but this was continuous for almost an entire campaign, I kept trying to type to tell you to please stop chat spamming, but you would be kicked before I could type it out.

When you join if you aren't on a team the chances are its full, but please try not to spam the !join commands when you join up.

• Like 1

Chick, why didn't you just place him on a team instead of banning him? FYI there's no way he could be doing that for 5 mins since he's not a member, and the AFK slot will kick you within 10 seconds if you aren't a member.

Chris, the commands to join a team are !jointeam to join a random team if they are both even; !survivors to join the survivor team or !infected respectively. If the survivor team has 8 players and the infected only have 7, you have to join the team with less people as it's called stacking if you try and join the team that's more populated.

I still don't see how he could have been in spectator mode long enough to "spam chat" since he's not a member. And if he isn't a member and both teams weren't full, why didn't it just place him on a team?

My only other suggestion is that you were placed on a dead survivor...meaning the bot you took over was dead before you joined...so it may have looked like you hadn't been placed on a team yet. Either way, I think it could have been handled differently than a ban...even if it was for 5 minutes.

I saw this happen, it's not the first time chris has done this. And to be more accurate, i think he binds his keys to the commands "!jointeam survivors" and "!jointeam infected" (which I've seen a couple people try to correct him at before he gets kicked from spec when teams are not full) or he can type superrrrrr fast but because teams were full when this happened and he's not a member, chick did not have the right to kick anyone to let chris in. So I think the 5 min ban was justified because he was repeatedly flooding the chat with those commands, about 4 lines each time he joined and he re-joined a couple of times to repeat the process.

Fenix-he's a non-member who got auto-kicked repeatedly for being in spec mode because teams were full and he repeatedly tried to get in the game. And for the chat spam, what i said above, I think he binds his keys. there's a couple of seconds before you get kicked from spec spot.

Edited by oakgyrl510
  • Like 1

GC Coalition Member

Chick, why didn't you just place him on a team instead of banning him? FYI there's no way he could be doing that for 5 mins since he's not a member, and the AFK slot will kick you within 10 seconds if you aren't a member.

Chris, the commands to join a team are !jointeam to join a random team if they are both even; !survivors to join the survivor team or !infected respectively. If the survivor team has 8 players and the infected only have 7, you have to join the team with less people as it's called stacking if you try and join the team that's more populated.

I still don't see how he could have been in spectator mode long enough to "spam chat" since he's not a member. And if he isn't a member and both teams weren't full, why didn't it just place him on a team?

My only other suggestion is that you were placed on a dead survivor...meaning the bot you took over was dead before you joined...so it may have looked like you hadn't been placed on a team yet. Either way, I think it could have been handled differently than a ban...even if it was for 5 minutes.

You should read this thread Fenix

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/26609-if-you-werent-involved-do-not-post/

I Have played when Chris joins and He does spam the join team command. There was chat messages for him to use the !jointeam command but he just kept on spamming the chat window with "!jointeam survivors" and "!jointeam infected" He did this until the game kicked him.

The ban got his attention .

• Like 1

You should read this thread Fenix

http://gamerscoaliti...ed-do-not-post/

I Have played when Chris joins and He does spam the join team command. There was chat messages for him to use the !jointeam command but he just kept on spamming the chat window with "!jointeam survivors" and "!jointeam infected" He did this until the game kicked him.

The ban got his attention .

Yes, please do read that. In fact, I bumped it not long ago for this exact reason. Also, know that an admin is not going to just place somebody on a team when they are full. That's not how it works.

To reiterate what Oak said, this has been a common occurrence despite multiple people informing Chris of the correct command.

Last, just in case you didn't read the link Merc posted, please don't come into the banned threads throwing your opinion out if you weren't involved. You turned a simple, resolved issue into a mess now by dragging others into it.

• Like 4