To Eyefinity and Beyond!

Cinkadeus

Finally got my Eyefinity 3x1 setup and working. Even got a mod that puts the HUD back on the center screen (hopefully that works on our server, haven't tested yet). I'll post a pic soon. First run through a single player map I got a little dizzy. Its really disorenting at first. The side screens stretch the image so that if you stare solely at the center, it simulates perefer... preif.... side vision.

-Cink

(still not an admin)

I don't usually think things like that are cool but seeing L4d2 on it makes me grin a little. Nice setup.

Now just tuck the side monitors in a little so the boarders don't show and you have a nearly seamless image ;)

After a few waves of nausea, I got the hang of it. You just don't look directly at the side monitors and keep them in your per... side vision and you're all set. I found it very useful. And that's my setup at my office. I already had a 3x1 + 1 setup for my job. Just added a new active DP adapter to get the Eyefinity going.

And thanks Merc, I'm sure you could smoke like crazy in Dark Carnival with this setup.

Overall:

+1 Would play again.

You can change the FOV setting to accomodate for 3 screens so the peripherals aren't distorted with the fishbowl effect.

Another game that works great with eyefinity is deadspace 2 as it auto-adjusts the FOV.