RUST AT WAR OLD LOCKED

turnbullTeRRoR

We are prepping for WAR! On this post you will find the rules and proposed rules that will be voted upon via poll and a active list of participants and eventually the teams.

Rule#1

No fortifications built outside of the road. All forts must be inside the road or with in shooting distance of a town which means very much in plain sight of the town on the outside of the road side. The meadow around NO Stack is fine, Down hill slightly from BIG stack is fine. Across the road from Small stack is fine. Behind the mountain at gas tanks should be NOT FINE.

Rule#2

Anything inside the road is considered KOS if not team mates. Please make neutrals you see aware of this fact. ALL AIR DROPS regardless of landing area is KOS let neutrals know this as well.

Rule#3 building restrictions? pending

Rule#4 base identification pending

Rule#5 handling of non members who want to join the war- work in progress.

Enlisted and ready for service.

TbT

Yoshi

crasx

Slim

Limit

Marvin

Talpa

Leon

Proto

sounds awesome, I think the road your thoughts are going down is great. I like the idea of limiting wood fort plus one free for all metal fort. And teams should meet some criteria before things kick off like we could design a starter fort that both teams build.

Wooooo!

I'm all for it.

I like teams to be either randomly generated or have two team captains who could then pick teams. Also, I think there should be a few days at least where we have a cease fire in effect. Obviously, people who play the most will have the clear advantage so in order to give each team a good start is to give us some time to let each team to get a decent start. I think having a 4 day cease fire starting on a saturday. Also should start on a server wipe which would hopefully be on a saturday. I don't know what the update schedule is but I think the admins have control over server wipes if needed.

My second thought is what conditions would need to be met to declare a winning team? Destroy enemy team base? Kill all enemy team players a set number of times? This will need some extra thought and planning.

The other thing I can foresee a problem is with neutral players being caught in the cross fire. If there was a way to put a motd on the server when you join to warn others of our little war would help. Also, I know each team will probably be killing neutrals on site since we can't determine who is who until they are close enough for the name to appear. The cross fire and mistaken identity may drive people away from the server which we don't want.

It will be tricky, but I think this will be really fun for all the GC members who which to join in.

S.

For my money it isnt about having a winner. Rust just needs some pvp in order to have longevity. You can only craft so many guns in your mountain fortress before you get bored and we're all too nice to each other.

For my money it isnt about having a winner. Rust just needs some pvp in order to have longevity. You can only craft so many guns in your mountain fortress before you get bored and we're all too nice to each other.

tru dat homes

True. But, if it gets to a point where one team has been destroyed and is unable to rebuild or mount any kind of resistance to the other team it will start to get pointless.

S.

You know you've won when this happens! :D Opposing team captain can capitulate!

Plus server wipes are gonna happen even after the game is fully done so you'll get fresh restarts and hey I say recruit Nuetrals! as Militia members! and to stop over recruiting if you get someone to agree to join your fight you should post there game name on the forums

maybe make a sticky thread for each team showing members and militia members! Make is so that recruiting is part of game play! ARM YOUR MILITIA! heck may be a good way of recruiting people to GC period. Don't let militia members access your base make them build their own bases. If this goes down right it could be all kinds of cool

I like this idea and would gladly join. I think that in addition to the base, though, teams should be allowed to build an outer fortification as well, just not enclosed. Thus we can prevent people from building stairs and whatnot next to the wood base.

Also, why bother limiting the size of the wood base if you'll allow any size metal base? I say let all bases be however big the team wants or limit the size of all bases equally.

Edited by Leonebluen

well I was figuring that the metal base size would indicate winning as well in a way. With 2 openly hostile forces on the server you definitely will not be resourcing as much safely. You ability to quickly create a large metal fortress will be greatly hampered also by the fact that when the next wipe comes out everyone will have to re-research stuff. Making it a race to even learn metal.

True. But, if it gets to a point where one team has been destroyed and is unable to rebuild or mount any kind of resistance to the other team it will start to get pointless.

S.

That is a good point.

I like the idea of recruiting. Maybe even a mini rust feudal system. Off with San's head!

Edited by Slim