Unban request: Girly

Girl

(edited)

1. Give us as much information as possible.

Player: Girly

Steam ID STEAM_1:1:10939810

Ban Length: 1d

Admin: Pump

2. State precisely what happened.

We were inside before the trains, i was in spit, 20 percent life i used pills to revive, they spawned a tank in my face, it rushed past me i was black and white, i look behind me i see 4-5 teammates, noone else is visable, i weighed my options, i had 20 percent life black and white, i rushed for it, i bought adrenaline and pushed the lever, yes i wasnt a main, i was doing it out of survival, and im not sure how the point system totally works out anyway, like mains being 100 percent to total value or 90 percent and others are fractionalized by distance etc. I didnt have a choice to turn around there was a jocky a charger chasing me, if i stayed i would have died sooner than if i had sprinted. (the motd still isnt fixed, not that i would think it would show the details of point allocation)

The next map loads and people are whining on my team and what do you know it shows im banned from the server.

4. Apologize.

I dont apologize, i demand an apology. I have no intention of loosing, or dieing while following the rules.

5. Flatter us.

Im here.

6. Assure us that your behavior will change for the better.

Your behavior.

I dont like admins totally not giving me a chance at all to even reply, stop picking people who lack social skills id appreciate it, (ive been advised to change my wording to help my own case, this is my honest opinion based on what ive seen on the forum as well as how admins treat each other in the game, and if you dont like it, at least you HAVE the freedom to disagree irl)

Banned accused of rushing, was never given an chance to even reply, awesome job as always, really granting the basic right to even logically talk to a human being, not allowing people to talk on the server, so i have to come to the forums each time something like this happens.

By the time anyone reads this im sure it will be 6+ to 12 to 24 hours and past and people will say stop whining its ONLY for a day. No its MY time, Meaning its more valuable than your perception to your own, so dont devalue My time based on YOUR own.

This is based on right and wrong, my ban is unjustified and i was denied any kind of hearing after having an admin ive seen and played with for hours not even give me any acknowledgment to my existence like i was nothing, i find that insulting, and yes i am insulted.

Edited by Girl

I wasn't involved but I'll tell you the how the mains work.

The four survivor players that are on the scoreboard, are the mains, I assume you know this.

Those four players and only those four players gain distance points. The bars only increase if they continue through the level.

The other six survivors plus the four mains are just an extra 25 points IF they reach the saferoom alive.

If all four of those mains die at the beginning by some chance and the other six non mains make it to the end saferoom, for the entire level, they will still get zero points plus 25 points for every survivor alive in the saferoom. Say this map had a distance point total of 400, they would get 0 points for distance plus 6x25 which would be a total of 150 points instead of 550 points if the mains would have also made it.

This being said, mains rarely stay constant through the map, which means they can and will changed before the end saferoom as new players join and leave the survivor team. So yes a main can change from a dead main to a main that is alive in the saferoom and get the team full distance points, for his bar that is.

This can also work vice versa. An alive main can change to a dead main, but the distance bar cannot go backwards, say the dead main died way behind where the alive main was, before it changed. It will just stop counting distance where it changed.

I will say this:

Rushing isn't allowed on the server, you have been here long enough to know that That being said, there are times and places, and I can understand your frustration, but I wasn't there to see what all happened.

Your attitude is very uncalled for, weather the ban was just or unjust, coming here and disrespecting anyone be it member, non-member, admin, board member is not acceptable. You have been here before for things you have said, and you know we are fair and talk it all out.

Your attitude as a whole if you wish to stay in the GC community needs to change. Admins aren't perfect, we make mistakes, sometimes we think someone's breaking a rule and they aren't, or we didn't see the whole situation. Mistakes by admins does not mean you get to come here and bash them, or insult them. They are trying to play and have fun, they hear everyone, and have to watch chat, and it can be tough, especially when you are a newer admin still getting use to it all.

I think the ban should stay, unless a board member says otherwise. Be banned is frustrating, but coming here with that kind of attitude and comments will get you nowhere fast.

• Like 2

GC Server Admin

I dont apologize, i demand an apology.

You don't demand anything here with your attitude - I have played with you and many other admins have warned you about your behaviour and attitude in game - we don't welcome your tone. You either adhere to server policy or I will ask Board Members to permanently ban you - it's your choice.

• Like 1

(edited)

MurderinClony-

Thankyou for explaining, i think this should be part of the motd page!

chick82-

Rushing isnt allowed on the server. There are times and places. Oxymoron. So there is rushing allowed on the server, and i was in the time and place for it, and yes i know that since i explained it.

My attitude is called for, when an admin does something wrong they should be held responsible for it. When a person's hand is chopped off you expect them to be calm and composed, yes actually, since theyre an adult they should, it is within their responsibility to find justice, which is why im here, and i have stated my case. And it is not you with the loss here, its me.

This is not bashing or insulting. These are direct observations from what i have witnessed. Yes it can be tough, but thats the responsibility they take on when being an admin. Do the job. This is all part of learning a new job. Making a good admin is about having one that doesent make decisions lightly, and allows feedback. And when they make mistakes you dont let them off for it, and you dont wisk away and wash over the opinion of somone who isnt an admin who was their directly to protect even the new admins.

My attitude isnt the one that needs to change. You need infact more people like me. People who arent afraid to give honest opinions, holding admins accountable for their actions, and reporting what they find to be problematic. Accept the criticizem of your player base.

And you would rather have the ban stay because your not the one whos been falsey banned, your not the one with loss, and you find my tone too harsh and not full of fluff and compliments how how valiant etc. Since you were not there yourself, i think the ignorance speaks for itself.

In no way do i mean to be insulting to you, again these are my honest opinions and thoughts in response to your post,

thankyou. p.s i would also like to invite you for tea later. :)

Protomanx13-

Yah that would be fantastic in a perfect scenerio, which doesent happen, no time to type the buy menu, and have it glitch several times as it ususally does, while playing, while telling them as your dieing really isnt possible. Usually in live or die scenerios such things arent possible, since its fps, and the moments between encounters so close to each other really arent forgiving, not to mention that l4d2 engine chat interface really does lag out and goes into a non responsive state all too often unfortunately.

mpg1770-

I have stated in response to each guideline. I am adhering.

Edited by Girl

i find that insulting, and yes i am insulted.

You know what I find "insulting"? Your attitude even earlier to that campaign towards me and the team. We were losing then you say the team is terrible, really bad and by that time Ackerman (swatfishy) tells you "speak to yourself" unless you are carrying the team and you wasn't carrying the team, I hardly noticed you doing something, of what you reply "shut your hole" and in the next campaign you decide to ragequit and yet you demand some kind of apology?

And yes... you rushed for no reason, actually a few of your teammates were still up and trying to pick up a few incapped survivors and turns out that you died BEFORE they did. I was watching while I was pouncing around the invisible walls and I could see you way ahead of your team.

• Like 1

I was speaking for myself, literally. Since i was talking about my own play. I find it funny to watch people embarrass themselves by talking about things they dont know what theyre talking about or are totally misinformed like so. I responded with a joke to lighten the mood obviously since everyone was gearing at me as usual. it was "Boomer" hole since i was trying to spawn as a boomer from the outside at that very time. And thats called a ban not a ragequit. And yes i do.

And if you bothered to read, i gave you my reason. Your welcome.

I'm going to refrain from the number of times you had to edit your request post to make it GC appropriate.

I'm going to refrain from bringing up your colorful metaphor about being an admin.

I'm also going to refrain from bringing up your first personal attack against me with non-GC allowed language. Lack of social skills? Right.

I'm in spec mode monitoring the tank situation in the back when I hear the bridge get rammed into by a train in harvest. By the time I fly over there, I see nobody and wonder if someone managed to run in the saferoom. No one there. I look down in the chat and a member informs me of Girly rushing. I begin to inquire and ask her directly. She replies, and I'm paraphrasing, "It was a lost cause, anyway."(Your reason for rushing) I simply reply, "I see" and the next round starts and I ban her/him for a day. Everyone had ample warnings.

You left people to die. You weren't a main. You didn't tell anyone you were rushing. You had a "I don't care. It's no use" attitude when you died. You and everyone were warned with server messages that appear on the screen at least 3 times about the rules. I always make it a point to put those up at the beginning of rounds so no one has an excuse that they weren't told the rules. Nothing to gain from rushing. At all.

4. Nope. I did my job. You contradicted yourself. Have no intention of losing while following the rules. She rushes ahead, doesn't care about it and all with a defeatist attitude.

5. You're here. I'm here. I'm not following why you'd say that.

6. Don't rush. Simple.

I do acknowledge you. You're making that up.

Edited by Pumpernickel
  • Like 2

(edited)

Ill edit it as many times as i please until its to my standards.

Pumpkin pie is colorful. Kappa.

Sounds like a desperate snide and sarcastic remark to me.

I always try since its pvp.

I couldnt go inside or i would be dead, tank 4 ppl on the floor, 2 up maybe from what i saw.

4. Rushing is acceptable in situations where it is appropriate, this is one of them in my mind, and if people are going to gang me with complaints ill probably have a defeatist attitude and say "yaya aaalright whatever."

5. I took the time to come here, to post, to reason, to explain.

6.No rushing is acceptable in certain logical situations. its not ALWAYS unacceptable. Not as simple as you say, and if you knew that i might not be banned.

"'Is saving my team going to be an impossibility?'

If the answer is "yes", then it's safe to rush your butt off to the saferoom. Half your team is incapped, 50 Tanks are chasing you, you're boomed on, Hunters, your girlfriend Spitter, and Rochelle is chasing after you, then yes, rushing is justified. This doesn't have to be a strict scenario here, use your best judgement when deciding to rush. "

I used my best judgement at the time. I wont have someone question my loyalty to teammates and wanting everyone to make it alive, if you played with me long enough youd know that.

And now your calling me a liar.

-wanted to edit this part because i can understand from your perspective why you did what you did, but for all these reasons is why i believe your wrong.

I hope you enjoy the fireworks ive provided on todays Memorial Day :D yaaay

Edited by Girl

The sad thing about this whole post is your attitude. You would of made some great points but then you basically threw them out the window with the whole demanding an apology and your horrible attitude. You then get called out for saying your team is bad and that you have a bad attitude in game as well. I don't really play much anymore but it's the people like you that made me stop playing because you can't keep your hands from typing in chat and getting so mad at a game..... A GAME. I believe the server needs more admins like Pump, someone who won't put up with trolls/people who play the victim/not playing by the rules. The worst part about this all is that you believe 110% you are right in everything you say and that you expect some kind of apology for an admin doing their job. I think you should be making a post apologizing for the way you have acted on this forum and your attitude.

• Like 3