Website Move Updates

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

Dizzam that was annoying.

Redirects should now be functional.

If it wasn't 2am I'd get me a beer.

Still, please change old bookmarks. redirects is fine but get with the newness.

Also I went over 1000 topics sometime today I think. 5000 posts not far behind. Never catch Fatty though.

Someday soon, like real soon, we'll be moving this website to new digs.  DONE! Please post any bugs/missings/upload fails/etc. in this thread. Thx.

We've been with FutureHosting for a few years now but needs and times change and for what we need they no longer have anything that fits our budget (or at least we can get moar elsewhere)

The newness is better of course. Dedicated cores vs shared cores. Same memory. More than double the HD space. Nginx, Zend Opcache, etc. We've upgraded the game servers, time to up our web game as well.

That means at some vague unannounced time the web will be down, and then it will be back up. There *might* be some missing things here and there but nothing that can't be replaced. There also might be some of the usual chop as we figure out what to cache and what to use to cache it and all that jazz.  SSL certs (blah) need redoing. Ton of junk.

But M0M is on a staycation right now so the timing for all this couldn't be better.

In other words: Fun Stuff!

GC Board Member
gamerscoaltion.com - splash screen, does not flip to gamrs.co

www.gamerscoalition.com - gamrs.co splash screen

gamerscoalition.com/gcforums/ - redirects fine

www.gamerscoaltion.com/gcforums/ redirects fine

Stutters is still all usability this and useless that about that splash screen. Basically if your links include gcforums on downward your fine. If your link to the forums is just the bare domain, you get the splash logo. It is working as intended as the root dir is going to be a thing again but I'll drop another redirect in to push people on through for now. Also need to see why plain gamerscoalition doesn't redirect to gamrs.co out of the box like the www version does.