an issue in the server

JKap

(edited)

it was so stacked yesterday and the campaign was dark carnival. I asked for a scramble and the score was like 980 to 2898 ( something along the lines like that)

As soon as i ask for a scramble. This girl Catherine says No and everyone says no. It was more members on the opposite side clearly and 2 admins where there. A vote was put up for a scramble but It was like " vote failed " 0% voted" and the game continued. No admin action was taken. I then suggested some members move over to help our team but the only person to move over was defiant. Then he left the next round.

So no admin forced no scramble manually or suggested to swap people. What's even sad is when these same people who are on the losing team, ask for a scramble themselves or ragequit. The admins on the server was Mercman and protoman and did nothing to make teams a bit even. So Catherine continues to be rude to me even telling me to "screw off" and i tell her to shutup. Mercman tells me not to tell people to shutup but she can basically tell me to screw off and says notthing!? Wow... she continues to and be rude to me on the other team. And protoman is just giving warnings but she continues to be rude to me on the opposite team

The next game after that is death toll. I ended up turning off my Mic and we all ended up dying on the bridge. Mercman then mocks me yelling on his mic,"scramble,scramble" while people laugh at me. The next round starts and i talk on my Mic and i tell Merc that, " i don't appreciate that you mocked me and please don't do it again." He replies ," thats what you would have said" and laughed

Hellen Kellers joins in and makes rude comments about me in game.

Im very upset at this admin, Mercman and i never said anything rude to him but he can mock me? Can i be rude to him too?

Im very sad at this l4d community who are very selfish and wont help out the opposite the losing team. and you guys can't say anything because even when I'm on the winning team, i move over to help out the other team who's losing.

So when is it ok for teams to scramble and its it on for an admin to be rude to another player?

Edited by JKap
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that happened. That must really suck. This is why I still believe that auto-scrambling every round should be at least tried on one of the servers to see how it goes (heck, if I can get a sample of a script of how these things work, I can even volunteer to write a script to make it happen). If admins do not want to dabble in moving people around, either because people will get frustrated, or ragequit for being "moved" to a losing team, then a system set in place where EVERYONE knows that they WILL be scrambled after each and every round will make things less frustrating.

Yes, although one consequence of auto-scrambling every round is that the points may be closer to each other, but I also believe that it will placate a lot of frustrations that inexperienced players will feel when they're going against players with hundreds of L4D2 hours under their belt (yes, hours does not imply skill in the game, but it is certainly positively correlated).

EDIT: Moreover, if one server implements auto-scrambling after each round whereas the other is left as is, players who are dissatisfied with one can simply move over to the other. Again, this is all just an opinion from someone who has just recently joined the server. =)

Edited by BroiledDumplings
  • Like 1

(edited)

Okay first of all it is an admins prerogative to scramble not one person on the losing team. It sounds like an admin put up a vote to scramble the teams, which they can do if the teams are stacked.  If no one votes or the vote loses due to majority not to, then deal with it, take a break, or move to the other server.  It is not fair to just decide against the vote to move people from their winning team, to the losing one, unless they offer and their are no objections, which it seems they did.  Why would anyone expect them to do more than that??

It is a competitive game, it supposed to have a winning team and losing one.  I get it, when the numbers get that far apart it sucks, but they put up a vote, it failed, they moved someone, that person left.  It happens, get over it or get out of it.

I think scrambling after every round is a bad idea.  It create more problems than it solves. How does anyone know if their team won or not, by the score at the end?  If you are on a different team every map, then what is the point of even playing this game.  If that's the type of game you want then play single player, this is a competition between two teams.

I believe paying $30 instead of $15 gives you an authority to do whatever you want. That's what is happening these days.

Lastly this is completely false, we have a set of guidelines that everyone follows.  If you have that much of a problem with it, then put your money where your mouth is and submit an admin application.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 5

(edited)

I believe paying $30 instead of $15 gives you an authority to do whatever you want. That's what is happening these days.

Lastly this is completely false, we have a set of guidelines that everyone follows.  If you have that much of a problem with it, then put your money where your mouth is and submit an admin application.

I remember few months back when there were few admins only. Everything was going fine. Way different than the situation now.

Also, I don't need to become an admin. I'm here to play, not to babysit others.

Edited by TestCharacter

Okay first of all it is an admins prerogative to scramble not one person on the losing team. It sounds like an admin put up a vote to scramble the teams, which they can do if the teams are stacked.  If no one votes or the vote loses due to majority not to, then deal with it, take a break, or move to the other server.  It is not fair to just decide against the vote to move people from their winning team, to the losing one, unless they offer and their are no objections, which it seems they did.  Why would anyone expect them to do more than that??

It is a competitive game, it supposed to have a winning team and losing one.  I get it, when the numbers get that far apart it sucks, but they put up a vote, it failed, they moved someone, that person left.  It happens, get over it or get out of it.

I think scrambling after every round is a bad idea.  It create more problems than it solves. How does anyone know if their team won or not, by the score at the end?  If you are on a different team every map, then what is the point of even playing this game.  If that's the type of game you want then play single player, this is a competition between two teams.

I noticed that you didn't address the OP's point about Merc engaging in taunts. If players are expected to follow the rules, I'd imagine that admins are to do the same. 

And you're right, this is a competitive game, but I don't think your attitude of "It happens, get over it or get out of it." is in any way positively contributing towards the issue of insanely stacked teams. There's a line between a competition and a waste of time. What I strongly suggest is finding some way to prevent this, or at least discussing it in a more fruitful fashion other than in a "man up or GTFO"-eque tone. 

I fail to understand the pleasure people derive from "owning" a clearly losing team by 1500-2000 points. I'd argue that your same argument applies: if they want to do that, they might as well play single player, cause the outcome is, most of the time, predictable.

• Like 1

I remember few months back when there were few admins only. Everything was going fine. Way different than the situation now.

Also, I don't need to become an admin. I'm here to play, not to babysit others.

So sorry that we're asking the admins to actually enforce the standards that make GC what it was meant to be. These are people that are volunteering their free time AND paying double for the right to help maintain our community. 

Like Zero said, there are guidelines that they follow. If you have a problem in particular why don't you PM somebody instead of just posting passive aggressive comments like this and the comment I deleted about buying a new L4D2 account?

• Like 5

(edited)

My point exactly test, you don't want the job, but you will complain about the way others are doing it?  You have no idea how many non-paid donated hours an admin has to put in just to keep the server somewhat sane.  It seems we have an influx of new players and that is a good thing, but also causes a ton of new problems that have to be weeded out.  A few months back there were fewer admins and way more problems w/ griefers etc. We added more admins specifically because members were begging us to,  to accommodate the extra server and the extra players so until we get those problems weeded out it will get hectic.

Dumplings - I didn't comment on that issue, because I wasn't there. I am not sure how the words "scramble, scramble" is an insult, but I wasn't there, so I have no context of the conversation.  I was simply commenting on scrambling guidelines in general.  The admin offered a scramble, it didn't pass, they moved someone, they left.  What else should the admin do, force someone over?  Then we would be in the forums w/ someone getting mad about being forced off the team  they were on and onto the losing one and that person would be more in the right to complain.

I don't mean sound insensitive about the "get over it" comment, but really.  What else was the admin to do?  He put up a vote to let the players decide and.................they did..........not to scramble so..................if you are the one person who wanted the scramble and you didn't get your way, but the people have spoken then..............you play through it, or go do something else until the campaign starts a new.  I am not trying to sound insensitive, but when you get down to it this is what it boils down to.

I have played on countless games when the team I am on the team that gets owned, it really really sucks for me too, but my choices are the same.  Sometimes I gut it out and sometimes I just take a break.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 5

okay wow...so if merc is rude to me i will be rude to him back and if that girl Catherine ( page here http://steamcommunity.com/id/eeveecatherine/) continues to be rude to me too

i will be very very rude and ugly to them. I made my issues addressed and nothing came out of it. 

this community is sad and patetic

Do you have any demo or anything beyond he said she said to support this? Anybody can come in here posting that somebody was a jerk to them and they need a ban. I'm not inclined to believe one person or another without something more than their word. 

Also, to note, I don't care who is being rude to who, both people will be banned if they're doing it in game. All that you're accomplishing is ruining the gaming experience for the other 18 people in the server. 

• Like 4

(edited)

I'm ruining the game experience? All i asked was for someone to move over to at least make teams even. or a scramble. the members On the stacked team all said NO.

they were rude to me, claiming that teams were "Ok" and no scramble

Its more like some of the members here who ruin the games.

and no i don't have a demo. i don't even know how to start one..

Edited by JKap

Yeah, two people arguing ruins it for everybody. I didn't say asking for a scramble was ruining it. Nobody wants to listen to two people bicker back and forth when they're playing a game. 

To record a demo - enable developer console in options. In game push the ~ key. Type "record " without the quotes. When done, type "stop" in console to stop the recording. 

Demo can be found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2 

• Like 3

lol

anyways, votescrambles

so presumably the losing team wants a scramble yea? so that should be half the votes yes

I fail to understand the pleasure people derive from "owning" a clearly losing team by 1500-2000 points. I'd argue that your same argument applies: if they want to do that, they might as well play single player, cause the outcome is, most of the time, predictable.

and then presumably at least one person on the other team is bored/fair/whatever as well, yea?

He put up a vote to let the players decide and.................they did..........not to scramble so..................if you are the one person who wanted the scramble and you didn't get your way, but the people have spoken then..............you play through it, or go do something else until the campaign starts a new. 

i think the math checks out

If the general consensus of a scramble is no, then there is little to nothing to be done, and what zero says is true, forcing someone over would only make a worse forum post.

Jkap, you are going to be rude to people that are rude to you? You are rude to people who don't even talk anymore. Ill give you an example: There is a player who says close to nothing in game other than takes time to type "!np #" every now and then. This player just plays the game and ignores people as often as possible with the occasional outbursts of text when the player feels like it needs to be there. This player also tries to turn the tides of the game rather than hope for a scramble. Regardless of saying anything, you made a comment to this player which was quite rude, even when this player had done nothing nor said anything the whole game besides just play the game. 

You feel people shouldn't be rude to you when you hold grudges for an everlasting time and are still rude to people who no longer talk at all, be it to you or to the server. For the same reason you are rude to this person that rarely talks anymore, these other players are rude to you. Your reputation. Your reputation is to join the game, and as soon as you join and play for a few minutes, the first few words that either come from your mouth or that are typed is "Stacked" or "Teams are stacked." You are like the boy who cried wolf and everyone knows this, they tend to ignore your pleas because they know they have no support behind them, much like the story. Regardless of this reputation, admins will still answer your call and try and help you. Even then, as this post clearly shows, you are not satisfied with their help even when they did what they could to help and come here to complain. But the scramble is not based on what ONE person wants but what is the GENERAL CONSENSUS of the full game is and if not everyone wants a scramble, or if people don't care enough to vote, the general consensus is no scramble. In your game, someone who wanted to scramble even swapped to help you, what more can you get? An admin cant force people over just because the teams are stacked. If I was forced I wouldn't play to my best because I didn't want on that team anyways, I might even just leave, and we would be back to square one.

• Like 3

what the hell are you talking about cloony?  you was NOT THERE!!!

what the hell are you talking about? REPUTATION? your just talking trash now

im not the boy who cries wolf. oh because i guess 900 vs 3000 is an okay game??? i don't think so

mercman and protoman was there

This is still just a game right? When did it become middle school?

As a general rule, people are rude. Suck it up. If you want to play the game, play the game, enjoy yourself. If you want to whine and moan about your feelings being hurt, tell it to your blankie. Nobody else will care. If there really was verbal abuse, take a screen shot/demo. Then you will be vindicated, the offending party will be banned.  You will be a hero. People will sing long, painfully boring, epic poems about you.

Why are we even having this discussion? Close the topic.  Nothing useful here.

Shaftiel

• Like 2