Steam Sales on L4D2

PeanutButterNJelly

just give them some time they aren't going to understand the server within a day. maybe i should join with all newbs

Which is why I said they need to communicate. Saying they don't need to communicate as a new person AND new to the server is ridiculous. Yes, playing with all newbs is fun when it's clear winning and getting points isn't an objective. (Very rare even with all members.)

wait u play on the server still?

LAWL

sorry havent seen u

just give them some time they aren't going to understand the server within a day. maybe i should join with all newbs

Which is why I said they need to communicate. Saying they don't need to communicate as a new person AND new to the server is ridiculous. Yes, playing with all newbs is fun when it's clear winning and getting points isn't an objective. (Very rare even with all members.)

wait u play on the server still?

LAWL

sorry havent seen u

Usually after primetime. About 12 a.m. Central which was my normal time, anyway. No apology necessary. Isok. 9.9/10 not much caring. :)

Hey, a lil off topic but just installed l4d2 on my new comp and noticed that the number of l4d2 servers nearly doubled in the list... Is this related to the summer sales or for reason could I not see them before (saw 32-36 before now it's 58).

Also I'll be there to welcome the new players :)

huh... I'm only in the GC one so..

• Like 1

Hey, a lil off topic but just installed l4d2 on my new comp and noticed that the number of l4d2 servers nearly doubled in the list... Is this related to the summer sales or for reason could I not see them before (saw 32-36 before now it's 58).

D00D, why are you talking to yourself?

I didn't edit my post. Honest. Really. I didn't.

Edited by Pumpernickel
  • Like 1

D00D, why are you talking to yourself?

I didn't edit my post. Honest. Really. I didn't.

well, because he feels lonely.

oh my, this is hilarious. i can't stop laughing. ROFL  

Hands down the easiest and best solution is to avoid the game for the duration of the sale plus one week -  I call it the 'Atlas Shrugged Strategy'.  If the servers are filled with nothing but troublemakers, negativity will reach critical mass and most of them won't come back.  Contributing players want to play with other contributing players, that much is obvious, but selfish players also want to play with contributing players.  They need to feed and, like parasites killing a host, if there's nobody to take from, they simply move on.  You can starve them out and just come back in a week or so.  Time and time again, I've seen that serious players will stick around, but trolls will get bored or frustrated and not come back - they don't get along with their own kind.  We can just come back after the dust settles to see who made it through and teach them if they're willing to learn. 

Rather than lead a horse to water and try to make it drink, why not just wait until a thirsty horse shows up on its own?  This is all a matter of perspective.  Rather than ask why a bunch of new people would want to play a game that's on sale, ask yourself the more important question - if everything is on sale and Left 4 Dead 2 is going to drive you crazy, why the hell aren't you playing something else?

• Like 1

Hm....I like to ignore the horses that cause trouble, and focus more on the thirsty horses who have the potential to drink. I don't think the newer horses are as big a trouble as some think they are. This "trouble" that the newer horses cause is mostly just them being inexperienced. I have no doubt that there are plenty of them that will improve after making their mistakes.

If the trolling horses decide to cause trouble that will harm others in the environment, then our owners will just whip them away if they have to. The true parasites will not come back to bother us again after they've been exiled. They will skidaddle.

There are plenty of new horses that are thirsty, but I truly believe that they will be able to drink on their own. Once they do, these newer horses will end up contributing more in our awesome environment, and make it even more fun for everyone than it already is! :)

Nah, the new people aren't troublemakers. They're just ignorant. Experience will help with that. Until then, if you continue to play, be as patient as you can stand and let the server handle the rest. Natural selection and all that. We're the ones that didn't get weeded out. We stuck it out look at where we are now.

I'm not so sure about that new horses, Carlos. I've been seeing the same handful of new people around. Also, a lot of regulars have seemingly disappeared and only reappear if there is a special night going on. So...if anything the watering hole is full of stagnant water. This time last year was absolutely bonkers up until back to school time in August/September. Did better games come out this year? People getting tired of the same old same old? Things HAVE been pretty much the same the past two years.

• Like 2