I doubt it is. What's your views? I tried to kill myself numerous times, and no one even mentioned it being a sin. I even doubt I'll live to die a natural death, I'm the type of person who needs to experiment to do anything, and I realize that when I do it, I'm not coming back. Boo hoo. I'm not depressed, I'm just a lunatic anyway. I just want to see your views.

• 4 weeks later...
I doubt it is.  What's your views?  I tried to kill myself numerous times, and no one even mentioned it being a sin.  I even doubt I'll live to die a natural death, I'm the type of person who needs to experiment to do anything, and I realize that when I do it, I'm not coming back.  Boo hoo.  I'm not depressed, I'm just a lunatic anyway.  I just want to see your views.

its called a therapist. i know it sounds scary as therapist is the same as "the" and "rapist" put together [sorry to anyone who might be a therapist] but dude, it sounds like you have serious issues that need to be addressed.

from what i hear, im not really religious, but they do consider it a sin. if your roman catholic that is. im not sure about other religions.

The only thing that keeps me here is the hurt I would put on my family, the expense of my death, and maybe the hope of me some day being happy. Other then that I could not give a crap if its a sin or not.

Well, murder is a sin and killing yourself is self-murder. But the Bible never says a person goes to hell because of his/her sin. It is because of unbelief in Jesus as his/her savior. If sin kept a person out, then NO ONE would be entering for "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". It isn't "sin" that prevents a person from entering heaven but rather "unforgiven sin". In my belief, Jesus, the unblemished sacrifice, shed his blood to cover all sin for all time. We just need to accept this free gift of salvation.

Now, personally, I do feel that suicide is a sin but I do not feel it in and of itself will prevent a person from entering heaven. People who contemplate suicide (or do it) generally have a lot more going on in their lives than just the final act of killing themselves. Suicide is more often the effect and not the cause.

Well I know im to young for aswering your question but I do go in religious education... Suicide is a mortal sin and attept to kill your self is a sin because you are trying to take someones life, yourselfs. I never been depressed but sometimes I have been sad enough to hurt myself but too scared to commit suicide. I always think about if i die would my worst enemies cry? would anyone care?

from my understanding of those who committ suicide, their soul is sent to purgatory. the middle of heaven and hell. but wait...that would be where we are now? so are we living in purgatory?

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12575a.htm#VII

i duno...i didn't feel like reading it all. i just went to catholic schools along time so thats just what i heard.

(edited)

good call Dweez.

Suicide is no good, cuz you hurt your friends and loved ones too much. Anyhow, you are so young, you would be amazed at how much life can change in 5 or 10 years.

Edit: I can't spell :P

Edited by gOOters

(edited)

I know I'm young. But I've had done to and I've done some things.. that, well... I'd get banned and I don't think I need to seem like I'm harping myself for being a "bad A**". I know I'm not. But I've been through some bad stuff and I think it'll work itself out. (With the help of some intense therapy :lol: ) But thanks guys (and girl) for caring.

Edited by CowboyFromHell

i have never thought about suicide because i like my life. Sure i've had some really really rough times but i've managed to pull myself through, i wouldn't want anything to change. Do i believe that suicide is a sin? i think it is. As a Christian i think of the 10 commandments, the one which pertains to this is thou shall not kill. I understand this as not killing anyone, including yourself.

I'm not religious, so i guess what i say means nothing (cause i don't think anything is really a "sin") but... my exgirlfriend of 2 years killed herself, and personally i'd like to believe that if there is a heaven.. she's there. She was a sweet girl that just had too much going on in her life at one time. Now after thinking about it for the past year or so I think of it like this - she never really killed herself, she made her heart stop beating.. inside she was already dead because of what other people had done to her.

I've been in the hospital 36 times for suicide attempts, i've been locked away, i've done the works. And after really having someone actually do it, and after my own attempts from being upset and then actually thinking about it, I will never hold a knife to my wrist again, i will never take more then the recomended dose of anything, i will never try again. Like i said in another thread ur life is worth living no matter what. You may feel horrible but its up to you to get help, wether u see it or not there are people out there who care about you and miss you when u were gone. If any of you on this forum suddenly disappeared after saying u wanted to die, i'd be upset because though i may not have talked to all of you directly, i know you are there and you are a part of this community.

(edited)

ah hah.. so you figured out my miracle :P could i make it any more obvious?! thanks... maybe i should change my name... eh, too much effort.

but i can't help but wonder... are u sure u figured out my miracle?

Edited by Heartless