Evolution Vs Creation

Hambone

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests

whats funny is that if one man a long time ago before jesus named abraham would of say contracted the flu and died 3 whole relegions would be no more!!!!!!!!!! thats right jewish, christiantiy, and muslium would have never came about if that one man hadnt decided to write down what he saw/made up (depends on what u believe)

imagiane what the world would be like if we didnt have releigion but still had relegion principals (i.e no murder etc)

who knows we be on the moon already and have a cure for cancer...or we could have nuked each other....

any other predicitons? :lol: they would be fun to hear (specially from hammy)

another beef i have with the christian (jeez i feel like im writin an essay) is what about someone who is not even exposed to the christian relegion...say they lived in africa where there was no christianity...there was no church and no ten commandments...would this person go to hell because he didnt even know about the god of the christian releigion?? just becuase this person didnt go to church every sunday and give an offering (offering was orgionally a pagan relegion thing) would he go to hell?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MC Ranger, if you didn't read start to finish, you're not obligated to make a post criticizing my writing style. You didn't read everything. One my posts got flat deleted because our favorite moderator didn't like my view of god as a man.

"becuase of releigion"

Mack--Because of Religion we have the USA to live in with its freedoms (although some of the laws are moronic)

Because of Religion - We have an existence - People have believed in Deitys since man could first think.

Also...Did you know that Christianity is not even close to the major religion in the world?

Your argument can go either way. You ever look at the money in your pocket to see what is printed on it?

Those that keep bringing up "Religion is responsible for most atrocities in history" are only seeing the negative half. Religion has been around since man could think. Do some research before opening your fingers on the keyboard. You can also say that Man is responsible for most atrocities" or that "Science is responsible"

Religion does not make a person better then others. Religion can help people discover themselves and find faith to keep going. If you have no faith in the "afterlife" then what is the point of going on? When you die you just rot away and that is the end of it all?

Admins--Why delete something? people obviously want to talk about the subject and voice opinions, you made the forum for open discussion on religion...it is healthy.

After reading these posts I wonder how Mack and Hambone could make their comments unless they are intentionally trying to goad response and get attention. Just my opinion.

Hambone: I'm fairly sure you haven't read the Bible front to back, yet you constantly criticize it. Your rules go both ways.

My point about this post being deleted is that this forum was created for Christian beliefs, not as a posting ground for atheists trying to convert people or disprove God.

Some of this debate has been real good, but much has gotten out of hand. It belongs somewhere else.

I think Rev has been incredibly gracious to let this thread get this far.

"My point about this post being deleted is that this forum was created for Christian beliefs, not as a posting ground for atheists trying to convert people or disprove God."

It is here for Religious discussions is what it says in the forum header...not just christianity.

another beef i have with the christian (jeez i feel like im writin an essay) is what about someone who is not even exposed to the christian relegion...say they lived in africa where there was no christianity...there was no church and no ten commandments...would this person go to hell because he didnt even know about the god of the christian releigion?? just becuase this person didnt go to church every sunday and give an offering (offering was orgionally a pagan relegion thing)  would he go to hell?

Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes arw clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."

Basically, every man who has seen all the wonders of creation can see God. And therefore, they have had a chance to worship Him. Therefore every person has a chance.

_________EDIT__________

Unless you've been around for the whole thing, you probably don't realize how much grace Congregation has given Hammy with his posts. And Revs even told him, on several occasions, that his offensive attitude needed to stop. I read that "deleted post" before it was ever deleted, and some of the thoughts in there were just unecessary. But I do agree with MC Ranger, that this thread would be better closed or deleted.

Admins--Why delete something? people obviously want to talk about the subject and voice opinions, you made the forum for open discussion on religion...it is healthy.

I deleted one post. This post was offensive and sacreligous. If you want to discuss the sexual persuasions of God you can do it elsewhere.

"But I do agree with MC Ranger, that this thread would be better closed or deleted. "

Why? It is honest, open communication about peoples thoughts ont he subject? Ever wonder why some people build up resentment on issues and people? becuase they cannot express themselves anywhere.

Sorry...I just hate to see something deleted or locked because people are talking about an inflammatory subject.

Sorry...I just hate to see something deleted or locked because people are talking about an inflammatory subject.

I would sooner close the thread because SOME people are being monstrously disrespectful of other's opinions. Whats the point of a debate if you're not even going to pretend to entertain the ideas of others? Just skimming this thread i saw people being conceited, mean, and depressingly ignorant. Thats why i would close it.

Frankly, I'm disappointed... I was 100% behind the institution of this forum because I thought everyone could be mature enough to handle it and treat other people with respect. Thanks for proving me wrong guys. In my opinion, we all had a chance to talk about things like civilized people, and the chance was blown. I'd vote for removal of the forum.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beleive no more can be said here. If someone post anything, they will just be repeating what someone has already said. If you have a post for the christian side, go back and read hambones post, they will probably deal with what your gonna say

So you think you won, eh? You think this topic has been exhausted? You think Creationists have been shamed into subserviance?

Maybe I should start copying and pasting as well? I didnt really feel it would be honorable until I saw it being done as well. But whats the use... Like I said earlier, I refuse to debate under these circumstances.

Actually, words are just words. Power in them is perceived only by the reader.

It appears we need to address some of the "proper etiquette" of good discussion?

Many are right, we have not completely defined this room as any certain religion or viewpoint, thus viewpoints in themselves are not wrong. If we decide certain viewpoints are not welcome here, we'll have to redefine the title, description of the room. This is why the majority of posts are tolerated at this point.

The inability to share one's point of view in a mature manner seems to be the issue.

Hambone---it is about respect as well. I know you think you are right, as others feel they are right. The best way is to respect both sides and then present your points in a clear and concise manner. Why be so inflammatory in your arguments? To be fair it is not just you, I am just using you as the scapegoat.

and this is y i have no opinion about this matter cuz to me either one could be right. plus i find that niether can actually be proved 100%.

and about the bible if u think about it u can tie aliens into it and what not....we had a big disscussion about this in my english class. my teacher read many things to us that well if u thought about sounds like storis of aliens..... :rolleyes:

i wouldnt worry about this to much guys cuz its an issue that will never be resolved anytime soon.

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests
I said things that are facts. Facts attack Creationism.

anyone know why creationism is not allowed to be taught in any science class??? just try looking for the facts

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests
Because of Religion - We have an existence - People have believed in Deitys since man could first think.

Also...Did you know that Christianity is not even close to the major religion in the world?

Those that keep bringing up "Religion is responsible for most atrocities in history" are only seeing the negative half. Religion has been around since man could think.

ok.... first off deitys have been around forever but what makes the one u believe in the right one??? sounds ingornat to me

yes i did know christianity isnt the major releigion in the world....i think buddism and mulism are more popular

if u read what i wrote correctly i did say that many prinipals of releigion are geneius and great.....but if a leader of a government saves hundreds of lifes and makes his country but he kills one man does that make that man good? (compareing the man to releigion)

Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guest the mack
Guests
Frankly, I'm disappointed... I was 100% behind the institution of this forum because I thought everyone could be mature enough to handle it and treat other people with respect. Thanks for proving me wrong guys. In my opinion, we all had a chance to talk about things like civilized people, and the chance was blown. I'd vote for removal of the forum.

isnt what makes us different from wild animals is that we have debate and that we question something that we think is wrong??....what makes us civilized is that we dont not follow leadership blindly

debate is healthly for everyone and my pastor (yes i got to confomration) even encourages us to come and challenge his beliefs...he says it only makes him believe more....try looking at this post that way