Evolution Vs Creation

Hambone

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You refuse to even entertain the possiblity that you may be wrong. Thats a punk kid for ya  :P

Playaa, this is what I was referring to. But the irony is that both sides refuse to entertain that possibility. I wasn't saying anyone should give up on anything.

As for you being sick of this topic and done with it.... why do you keep coming back and telling them to stop? I mean, they're free to discuss what they want. If you don't want to discuss or hear about it, then don't look at the board. Its a simple concept, really.

Soul, Hammy... carry on. I have learned alot about a lot of things from this discussion...

[Rangers]Uber

I entered this debate with the qualification that I am biased. I have seen the Bible proven true in my life and that is why I believe its account of our origins. Even with this, I am able to debate the subject with anyone who can be a little respecting of this ignorant "blue collar" arguer.

Where I went astray was in responding to very arrogant and "biased" arguing from the other side. In my responses I became even more arrogant just to combat the opposing view. For this I am regretful and that is why I refuse to continue.

It is a shame because before when we had this topic I could argue it without my faith being slandered and maligned.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Wow, I applaud everyone in this forum who would share their Ideals in an open forum. Especially if you would take the time to listen to others and express their views. This his how we develop as a society. [Applauds] Good job all. :D

I still think we come from Storks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest -[Tu]-EduCatOR
Guest -[Tu]-EduCatOR
Guest -[Tu]-EduCatOR
Guests

Well I haven't talked to most of you guys lately, and I was just going through these forums and saw this topic. I figured I minezwell put in my two cents also. The first thing I would like to say is that I am a christian and that I grew up all my life going to christian schools until I got into high school. Sadly, once I hit high school I drifted away from church and my religion. I am not proud of this by no means. On the other hand, I then entered high school and started to go through the education process. I am not at Purdue University studying to be a computer graphics technologist. However, I have taken some classes that have opened my mind up over the years. There are some proven facts that science has made about evolution. There are also some things that the bible brings up, sometimes indirectly, sometimes directly, that were supposed to happen. I can't remember exactly what these were but I believe that they all came true. The only thing that I have begun to believe is that if there is a God, where's he at. There is so much hate and hurt in this world that I have begun to believe that we might be in this alone. As I have gotten more educated I have started to sway towards the evolutionary side, yet I am still a christian.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Creationism vs. Evolution paper i wrote for science class in sixth grade, its not great, but its pretty good for a sixth grader.

Creationism and evolution are two positions on the origin of the earth's varied organisms. Creationism is the theory that God created the earth and all the living organisms in six days. Evolution is the theory that organisms evolved from a common ancestor or ancestors. There are those who believe in Creationism, or Creationists, and evolution at once, but when people believe in Strict Creationism, they believe only in Creationism, and Strict Evolution, only in evolution.

In Creationism, God created the Earth and all its organisms in six days, each day adding a new thing, such as the oceans and the organisms. It says that God created the land and water organisms were made to bring the Earth to life and humans for the purpose of dominating over the plants, animals, and Earth. In the theory of Creationism, all the plants and animals that exist now and forever were made during the first six days, although some religious people believe in both evolution and Creationism. If they do believe in the change of life forms, the mechanism for that change is the adaptation to environment by religious means, meaning God gave them the gifts that they acquired. This change would have happened to ensure the survival of the life on Earth.

In Evolutionism, life started when the "primordial soup, consisting of various gases and proteins, was being given the sacred energy of life by the lightning strikes that flashed across the newly formed Earth, allowing the "primordial soup" to turn into living organisms in freak, yet unbelievably lucky, accidents. Life had no purpose of starting in the Evolution theory, but was actually a random chance. In Evolutionism, the whole basis is that the organisms, probably one celled life, which came from the oceans evolved into higher organisms, namely the first reptiles and fish, and evolution has also been seen in species of many organisms. The theory of how life evolved in Evolutionism is that mutations in the genes of the organisms changed the frequency of their alleles and often changed them into completely new organisms, also the isolation of populations, population migration, and also catastrophic changes in the Earth. The changes of the organisms resulted, according to Evolutionism, in the organisms need to adapt to their environment, or it may have happened randomly.

The areas of agreement between the two positions are that in some way, organisms have been created from or by a single entity, in Creation sense, God created all the organisms, and in Evolution sense, an ancestor organism in which all the others evolved from. Although these may seem different, the same idea is withheld that all the organisms may be related in some way, either God created them all, or they are all from the same species of organism.

The areas that there is no agreement between both positions are that in Creationism, all the organisms on the Earth were created at the same time, while in Evolution, all organisms were evolved and created at different times throughout history. Also, in Evolution, Humans are thought to have been evolved from apes, while in Creationism, God is said to have created Adam and Eve, the first humans, from dust on the Earth and they were not evolved from apes.

There are many disagreements about Creationism and Evolution, although either may be correct or incorrect, it may not be known. The debate goes on, and although scientists work and religious leaders search, anything is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Oops.. I mean..

NO Bukket. You and teh hammeh have the same avatar!

lol its open again.....

one thing i would like to say about the bible is, I dont believe it is meant to be taken word for word....some people do take it word for word and live by it. Some people take it word for word and try to argue against it. by no means could its be in its exact form from the beginnig, the one you read today was translated in the time of King James around the 1500's.

(P.S. they did make mistakes in the translation, which scholors have found today)

• 2 weeks later...
Secondly, will does not create matter. Thirdly, spherical does not describe the universe. The universe is infinite, meaning it has no shape, it has no ending. This is beyond comprehension of human minds, I hate to say it. You're making a big mistake if you try to give it a geometric shape, there are no bounds.

Religion is just hopelessly outdated theory, using blind faith as background instead of evidence.

you say that you cant describe the universe as spherical i think what he was talking about when he said spherical was when the text books say that all the matter in the universe was scrunched down into a dot smaller then a period . i dont know about you but THAT seems a little far out to me.and if there was a "big bang" then sentriphical force would have made everything spin the same way which is provable scientiffically well in our solar system alone two planets spin the opposite direction. now lets say the big bang did happen. well what kind of force would be neccesary to reverse the entire direction of a planets spin? and if that kind of force was present dont you think it would have left a big "impresion" on the planet? plus ok you say that the world is millions of years old. well the sun is shrinking right? that has been proved. ok well lets say that you take this process back a few million years. the earth would be inside the sun. also we are losing the moon. its slowly but surely drifting away from earth. well if you take that process back only 1.5 million years the moon would be so close to earth that the tide would flood the earth completely every 7 hours. now how can you say that the earth is millions of years old when only these two things completely disprove that theory??? the reason is that scientists do not have another theory that would work so they have to use this one cause the only other option would be that god created it and that we have a higher power to answer to then ourselves. i could go on all day with more scientific proof that the earth is not millions of years old but i dont have all say soo ill leave it at that. anyone who has a theory on this i would strongly recomend that you look up "Kent Hovind" he is a christian scientist that has a lot of very interesting things to say an this topic. you can check him out at www.drdino.com. he has offered a 10 thousand dollar reward to anyone who can prove evolution exists on a macro scale. the best evolutionists have debated him for the money but none have got it yet cause they have no proof. he has all the debates on video and i think you would find them very interesting. just check it out ok? also you say that religion is a blind theory that one has to use faith to belive well guess what SO IS EVOLUTION. one must "belive" that the earth is millions of years old seeing as how no one has any proof that would stand up in a court of law that it is. you start out with matter that you have no idea where it came from and you have no idea where the energy came from for the big bang you just"BELIVE" that it happened. well if that isnt faith in a blind theory i dont know what is.

i have to go but ill check back later and see if i get any replies to this. see ya

S.S.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Ubfortunately, that can't be done unless someone undertakes the responsibility of moderating that forum.. *nudges Watch*

Revs, since you are getting mad at me, allow me to explain myself at least. I was born to a father raised Catholic, a mother as well. We attended Episcopal church. When I was young, I was taught creationism among other biblical doctrines and truths. This is not fair. I was young, and I was impressionable. I don't know much about you, but I would guess that you have always had your religious associations. This is not fair on you either, since as an adult you naturally resist change. Social intertia to coin a term. Not all these theories were around when your mind was forming it's own conjectures, so you upheld the conjectures of a single man. Back to me, I was raised Episcopalian. Just like Creationists our of lack of knowledge try to find flaws in evolutionary theory, I found flaws in the story of the creation that I could not get past. It's not in my nature to accept the theories of someone without skepticism. I'm not a gullible person. Cynicysm keeps me alive, keeps my mind sharp. I stopped attending church. One hour every week is a price incredible too steep for a false eternal salvation.

ok you say that it isnt fair for us to be taught creatianism as a child cause we are "impressionable" well then how is it right to teach an unproven theory (evolution) to kids from the time they are in kindergarden isnt that doing the same thing. the public school text books drill this theary into kids heads every day. teaching it as a proven fact when its not. they indoctronate these kids. instead of telling them this is a theory and there are other theories that also explain how the world came about. why is it so wrong to teach about God in our schools when God is what this nation was founded on. ill tell you why.l because the people who make these laws and who write the text books are evolutionists so we never have a chance to present our side of it to these kids. i think THAT IS WRONG. a kid can go into a school and use the Lords name in vain and the teachers wouldnt have a problem with it but they cant pray. that is bogus. oh well im done

the Bible says that in the last times there will be scophars deceiving and being deceived. and it also says that there are people who are "Willingly ignorant of the way the world came about. its sad but true.

S.S.