alternate non-computer games?

Playaa

myself and Jello (my friend attending with me) are bringing our Frisbee Golf discs so I expect Mag and Ratch to do likewise and you can show us new kids how the game is played. But are there any more games going to be played say at the Kemps? Like Ultimate Frisbee? Football? Are you old men up to moving much?

:P

seeing as how there probably isn't a frisbee golf course nearby we got 2 options: 1) we make up a course as we go (which is actually how I usually play since we don't have any courses nearby) or 2) we hope we are allowed to play frisbee golf on a real golf course.....mag and ratch will just hafta adapt to not hitting a basket and hitting a pole.

Oh Playaa if you only knew how close the frolf course is to the barn. My guess is maybe 10-15 minutes... It's a fun course ratch and I played it when we drove through a couple months back. So that takes care of that... As for ratch he won't be attending :( He starts med school the monday after fragfest so he has to get his life in order before he loses it again... But i'm positive phat will be joining us for a round or two. I also have plenty of discs if anyone is willing to learn i'll probably have at least 20 by the time fragfest comes around...

alright then you get the advantage on me then.

:P

I've never played with baskets....with us it's always hit the base of a pole or small tree or something else like that. I'll be bringing my driver (which is all scratched and unpretty because of asphalt) and a couple mid-range and putter discs. But I guess it don't matta since Mag's got ya all covered.

seeing as how there probably isn't a frisbee golf course nearby

actually i don't know how far away it would be from kemps but in medina county at a park there is a frisbee golf course.... i know it slike 15 minutes from me, and i'm like 20 minutes from where the lan will be... i don't know though.

Yes I have a bag of discs. I probably have 7 drivers, 4 mid ranges and 3 putters. Using a different variety of discs depending on the shot. Wind, distance, angle of approach, and obsticles, similar to a theme of golf, yes... I think the little security hut at hudson has disc you borrow/buy... You should think about coming out fat... I've have a couple of discs you can use... But hudson lake come into play on the last three holes, i had to send ratch in there to fish one my disc out last time..

If you really want to know...

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/index.html

These are the types of discs that i throw.

I also throw AN Innova disc....the midrange/putter I have is some generic brand that just says "Frisbee Golf Disc" but I like it alot....it flies nice and straight and far even though it's only 150grams.

mag....is an ultimate frisbee disc legal in Frisbee Golf? We have a friend who plays and he uses one. Not saying it's an unfair advantage cause he's the only one that can hurl it that well.....just curious.

I have this disc...mine says it's a Driver but the website says it's "specialty".

funny thing is that Walmart sells Innova discs (at least they did for a bit...went back yesterday and couldn't find any) but they're not crappy discs....good for beginners apparently.

I would ultimate disc are illegal since that do not meet the wieght and size of a frolf disc.. Just like an aerobie is an illegal disc.... I don't know about giving him an unfair advantage i'd like to see him putt with it... ;)

lol trying to land a regular frisbee in a basket would be a heck of a challenge. you guys should definitely play that course mags mentioned that him and i played before. its a really fun course, the first nine are shorter and more obstacle-laden, the back nine more open and longer.

just be sure to bring your swimtrunks in case mag throws his driver into the lake again - ROFL!

what's with the "wear" they talk about on the Innova page? How long does a disc usually last?

my driver is in pretty bad shape because we don't have any real courses around so we make them up at our local park and whatnot.....and because of that it's all beat up and scratched because of asphalt.....does that really have an effect on it's flight since I can barely get it 70 yards anyway?

I'm really looking forward to some Disc Golf at the Fragfest so you had better show Mag.....just quit the new job if they won't let ya go.

:unsure:

Sure i'll quit.. I'm gonna tell them about this within the first week of me working there... I'll make it down no worries there... Wear can be two different parts of the disc the edge or wing; nics, scratches, chunks of plastic taken off might have a drastic change to the flight of the disc. Also you have to look for warps. Does the disc have a level top?? Once they become warped their flights characterists will change... i.e. I have a cheetah that use to fly straight and die a little left, but now all it does is go right. I banged too many trees. But it's still something to throw. I also have a couple of disc that i beat up, if i need to throw them in a tree or bang the chains hard i'll bring those out...

Wear is almost personal preference and how you throw your discs.

• 2 weeks later...

i like frisbee golf...i'm down. i also like football...and i can actually throw one pretty well. golf on the otherhand. errr. the most boring sport in the world...is it actually a sport? and before you jump at me, yes i have played and yes i did suck at it. :D