2 Things I

Toka

(edited)

Hey guys lately whenever I goto any website none of the pictures show up they are all red x's. If I right click and say show picture it works but that sucks. Any ideas? And the other is my FPS im not computer dumb but I know nothing about makeing them faster with what you have. I should be running CS fine with better models but I dont for some reason. I have the new Donkey Pack 4.0 and im getting about 70 fps and about 20-30 in combat. I have a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 and a 1.4G computer with 256 ddr ram. Would love some imput thanks. <~~Prolly alota spelling errors, dont knock 8P)

Also if anyone has any pop up solutions it would be great. I leave my computer WITHOUT a website up for 5 minutes to grab a snack and it takes 15 more to clear my desktop.

Edited by Toka

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

hmmmmmmm ive been having a lot of FPS with CS problems...and a few red X's.....but i got a ATI card.

reformat... :)

This is about a 4-6 month ritual for all the MS followers. Best way really and unfortunately.

I just did my reformat a couple of months ago so I'm still good for a few. It's good to not only clean up Windows, but also back up all your stuff, get rid of stuff you don't want, and put a new theme or look to your setup.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Inferno, your fps problem is probably because you have truform turned on. Just go to your display settings and under the opengl and d3d tabs turn it to always off. Vsync as well. THat should help you out.

Let me know how it went with the overclocking.

toka....what kind of popups are you talking about?

are you talking about webpage popups or the DOS Messaging popups?

if you're talking about webpage popups........do you Kazaa? if so get rid of it entirely and get Kazaa Lite K++ edition.

if you're talking about DOS messages, go to Services under Administrative Tools under Control Panel and turn of Windows Messenger service.

Ok thanks for the help with the pop ups they are all gone now. But I still can't fix my pictures not showing up. I also got my XP tweaked so my fps is up. My dad keeps saying that I installed a virus cause the pictures arn't showing up, someone help me get him off my back :angry:

Toka, check to make sure you haven't disabled IE images. For W2k, there is a plug-in to do it (from the IE Power Toys) but for XP, it is a menu option.

|Tools|Internet Options|Advanced tab|Multimedia|Show Pictures

This is probably not your issue with broken images but it is worth checking.

WinXP pro running for 2+ years without a format..  Go Billy!!!

I'm sorry for your loss.....

;)

Have never used XP pro, but you'd have a hard time convincing me anything MS could go beyond a max of a year without a reformat. XP has been the most stable/workable version I've had, yet I still had to reformat within 2 months of using this computer. Just my opinion of course, but windows can be a real headache.

(edited)

Nope I have XP Home, also can someone post the exact link to dl kazaa lite because i still can see pictures so the web page wont show up. Thanks so maybe its 3 :P or whenever xp came out

Edited by Toka