Disturbing

Guest Mossad

And Moss will confirm, as he has in the past, that it usually starts with weed. Good example for staying away from this stuff.

Pot is not a gateway drug.

Anyways - It is hard to feel bad for someone who brought it on themself. You do hard drugs and this is the type of thing that can happen, stay away from the hard drugs.

Keep telling yourself that all the way to rehab. Plain and simple fact is that the "lightweight" drugs lead to heavier drugs. PERIOD. As a northern Ohioian when stuff like this lands so close to home it can shake you. Never says it will never happen to me. Moss- you are right on! Good post- drugs are never the answer! Some of us were luckier than others during our lives. As a parent of three and a very experienced individual- get your kicks someplace else in life.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

My younger brother got with the wrong crowd and is now smoking pot, getting more stupid everytime I see him, in trouble with the law all the time. I do what I can but I am not his parent. I've seen plenty of times what pot can do and what it leads to. Alcohol is similar in some cases and can lead to other bad stuff but not to the extent of weed.

Pot is only a gateway drug if the person lets it. I think the problem is you only hear about the people who have gone on to the harder stuff. Those who simply smoke pot are going through life just fine.

I was not able to see the link as the office has it blocked. I get the idea of what happened. The schrooms did NOT make this kid kill himself. They only removed the fear of something he had been thinking about all along. Nobody goes from "happy with life" to "pulling the trigger" due to one dose.

Course we have had this whole argument in another thread.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

There are those that smoke weed without a hitch in life, but that number is very small.

in college i was a b student and a pothead my first two years, then i made a decision that if i really wanted to go to graduate school someday i had best change my life and habits a bit. so i stopped smoking so frequently and changed my outlook a lot. i set goals for myself that would be difficult to attain, but reachable nonetheless. just so happens that i averaged a 3.9 my last two years of school, with my hardest classes, and although i owe it to a change in mental attitude, i couldn't have completed that epic little journey without cutting my weed habit nearly completely. stuff really does dull your senses and perception, and its not that perceptible whilst you are in its grasps. stopping smoking weed was very simple, there is no withdrawl. and the effects are very pleasurable very fast.

so i guess i am trying to say that pot effects everyone, from people at their lowest points in their lives to people living life and having fun in college. i agree that there are many who use weed and thats it, its no gateway. but for others it can be a gateway, because of the culture that surrounds its use. anyway, just my story and two cents.

Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guest TF_FSoul
Guests
Keep telling yourself that all the way to rehab.

LOL - sure thing.

Anyways - there are many studies, some say it is a gateway drug, others say it is not. A new study of Twins shows it to be a gateway drug for Twins. Pot is the number one illegal drug in the USA. If it was truly a gateway drug then more people would be on harder drugs. I know many people that smoke pot on a daily basis at 33 and have for the past 20 years and only 1-2 of them have tried anything harder then Pot, and that was only on a Spring Break trip.

As a parent of Two I know that my kids will most likely try alcohol and pot before they get out of high school, maybe sooner. The best thing I can do is teach them to be responsible and hope that they will not give in to the peer pressure.

Blah sad story and all but weed is in the middle of the ladder as far as opening up new and worse things to do.

I think its beer and smokes thats the start or gateway to other things.

it depends what you consider the gateway

is it the fact that one needs to practice getting around the law to abtain these things.Is that the gateway thats opens to new and worse things.

heck i remember askin peeps to buy me beer and smokes outside of a liquor store when i was younger.Id be willing to bet a person tried smokes and/or beer before they hit the weed or any other illegal thing out there.

OR

is it the high/buzz one gets that opens up that feeling to get higher is that the gateway so many of you talk about.If thats it then that starts much younger or earlier in ones life.Sugars,caffine,doctor perscribed meds all open up this high feel good feeling in people and for the people that have a weakness for these its without a doubt the begining of the trip.Heck our society is based on drugs to help one looks,feelings,attitude,pain

Im not sayin weed is good or harmless everything is bad for you when misused or overdone and drugs have a def. amount of bad things as side or after effects.

what im sayin is its a society problem and to many of you who just point to weed the weekest of the illegal and not even close to these pharmies around and to call it the begining of all that is evil and that will lead to bad times is a cop out.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I think its beer and smokes thats the start or gateway to other things.

That doesn't make any sense at all. I know many many people who smoke cigs and drink and do not do anything else. I know (knew) many who smoked weed and started into harder drugs. There are millions of drinkers and cig smokers and I do not know of any that started on harder drugs.

i know a lot of canadians that smoke weed and they r doing just fine.......i also go to college with a kid thats a major pot head.....odd thing is hes one of the smartest people at my college...he has a 4.0 GPA and is the president of all these clubs. sometimes i think it all depends on the user and what else they r taking with the weed.