crazy power outage and media

ratch

man was it hot last night!

anyways, u ever notice how things go along all nice and dandy, and then disaster of some sort hits, and then all of a sudden there are hundreds of experts on TV screaming about how this problem has been an issue forever and ever and they have been preaching about it and what not... if things like this powergrid issue were such a concern, why wouldn't you fix it before it broke??? stuff like this tinklees me off to no end. the power outage was a minor inconvience for me (other than being exhausted today from sweltering last night and not sleeping) and i am sure its much worse for others. but i guess i just hate it that i know the morning after some incident like this power thingy, there will be boatloads of experts launching bitter diatribes against anyone who might be responsible...

just my .02 cuz i am bored :D

And, I heard that around 2am Hillary Clinton went on record saying this was "the result of the Bush administrations policies". ROFLMAO...How in the world is this Bush's fault? Did the power grid go bad in the last 2 years?

I'm 100% with ya on this one...rediculous.

I dunno i was listening to my Trans radio and they said that there was some kind of explosion in Manhatten. But now i'm reading articles that say the power outage may have started in Ohio

Looks like you games down there are playing a little to much..

Maybe someone doing the power for Fragfest made a little mistake...... heh j/k

Blame Canada. :P

It wasn't our president who decided to point fingers in a national address to their ppl, it was that fairy of a man Prime Minister whatever from Canada.

All I heard Bush say was that the cause is not of immediate concern but rather the resolution. The Prime Minister of Canada should take some notes. Yes, there was a fire in the ConEdison building in Manhattan, but there's a fire in that building every year. Yes that building should be condemned, but lets get real, it wasn't conclusive and it still isn't conclusive what caused the outage. A leader of a country shouldn't embarass himself and his entire country by pointing fingers a mere hours after the incident started.

In other news, Home Depot, the place where once can find 1000000000 candles, 22320000000 flashlights and other goods decided to close up shop 30 minutes after the blackout. The executive at Home Depot who decided that should be strung up and flogged for 3 days. Meanwhile, local hardware stores near my apartment were practically giving away flashlights, candles and batteries.

As for the media, I thought they were EXCELLENT last night. I was listening for practically 8 hours before I got tired and went to sleep and they kept their opinions to themselves for the most part. They gave good tips and received calls from around the NY area to see if they can get some insight as to the status of folks around the area. They gave recommendations on safety, directed ppl to the right locations and generally were very informative, just like the news should be. I don't know about other cities, but with a city with almost 10 million ppl in it, the media took charge and gave responsible reports of what was going on in the city and in the Northeast.

What irritates me more is how ppl in this forum start taking political shots at people the day after a national state of emergency. I don't care what Hillary said, I think that's rather unimportant right now. It's far more important for the people of the US be helpful and stick together in times like this. As for the Canadian finger pointing, well, I guess they have nothing better to do.

Dj i'm just saying what i heard

The Major of New York said this all started in Canada. I heard it said many times on the radio. Plus i didn't say anything about Bush. But Gees obviously if someone blames us we're gonna blame it right back.

I wouldn't make up stuff like this. But when someone says It all started in Canada, that's kind of rude. Plus i dont really care about our PM he's an idiot, cant wait till election. Chretien has lost it. He finds it more important to legalize homosexual marriage and legalize dope. I can't wait till Paul Martin is elected..hopefully

I for one am extremely proud of the people who handled this situation with calm.

On a lighter note, I got to see the manhattan skyline last night while driving in at 3:30am. It was a very very very unreal to see the entire skyline dark with only a few spots of light. I don't think I'll get to see something like that in my lifetime again. I wish I had a camera.

Yeah, unfortunate ordeal. But I have the feeling that the Canadians along with most of the rest of the world, are just itching to pin Anything on us. And apparently some of that has surfaced.. Who cares where it started anyhow?! Wether is was in Canada or the US, we should find out Why it happened. The first thing I heard was something about a Niagra Mohawk plant or something like that. in midstate new york. I hate people anymore.. "You did it.. No You did it!" Whereever it happend, the other contries will Ally and wage war on them.. Or they'll just be bad, bad countries. Give me a break.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

As of right now the cause is unknown. It could have been a test by terrorists to see what they could do... just do not know right now. I wouldn't doubt if that was the case. That would be such an odd thing to do.

from the frontpage of cnn.com this morn:

Probe focusing on Ohio

Investigators seeking the cause of a power outage that crippled parts of the U.S. Midwest, Northeast and southern Canada are focusing on the failure of a power line in Cleveland, Ohio, as they seek to follow the chain of events that led to the massive blackout.

i am seriously beginning to believe fatty may have caused this whole thing while him and Mini were wiring that barn up for ff03 :D