Call of Duty demo

Guest Mossad

082903_callofduty_demo.jpg

Call of Duty delivers the gritty realism and cinematic intensity of World War II's epic battlefield moments like never before - through the eyes of citizen soldiers and unsung heroes from an alliance of countries who together helped shape the course of modern history.

Play through the chaos of battle as part of a well-trained squad, that lays down covering fire and pulls its wounded to safety. In addition to authentic squad movements and tactics, each soldier‘s distinct personality and training comes out on the battlefield.

No one soldier or nation single-handedly won the war. For the first time, Call of Duty captures the war from multiple perspectives, through the eyes of American, British and Russian soldiers. Battle through 24 missions spanning 4 interconnected historical campaigns. Take on mission objectives ranging from sabotage and all-out assault to stealth, vehicle combat and rescue. Authentic weapons, locations, vehicles and sounds of war all contribute to the realism, immersing you in the most intense World War II experience yet.

I'm downloading from fileshack at 165k 20% done...sounds awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

0o0

wow this is awesome. this is what i was hoping for with BF1942. Probably one of the best FPS I've ever played. I can't even imagine this as multiplayer!

And the shell shocked things was great.

B)

impressive!!

I had a hard time getting into a WW2 game before. I played the Medal of Honor demo and the demo for BF1942. Those were both good but this demo was the best. I thought I had died when I got shellshocked. Then realized I could look around. Was an awesome experience.

Definetely a must-buy when it comes out.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Downloading.. this is the game they were drooling over in my PC Gamer, yay! </nerd>

Edit : Wow.

Edited by TFR | PDO

I played the demo and it beats bf/dc in graphics and movement but does it have all the options bf does driving tanks,planesboats and everything else that you can do in bf.If it does then this beats anything thats out there now but if it doesnt then to me its just a nice looking dod and wouldnt hold my interest after the missions were done.

Anyone know what the engine is based on or simulates or actually is? I was amazed at how smooth it was for such detail and busy graphics.

What's the release date? I expect it is multiplayer, and am looking forward to that.

My hunch is that there aren't tanks, aircraft, etc...cause you'd think they would have included that in the demo to some point.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

BF is way too open... and it's multiplayer is laggy. BF = teh suck.

I played BF1942 daily for about 6 months and, personally, LOVED the openess of it. I also had very little problems with lag (but it did take me a couple weeks to find a handful of reliable servers).

Its graphics are better than CS, it's engine is better than CS, the weapons and gameplay are better than CS! Being able to fly planes (of all sorts), captain tanks, jeeps, etc.. - all friggin' incredible!! Absolute top notch game.

The ONLY advantage CS has is...well...you guys. The community.

So, here I am! :hug: