major computer issue

Trouble .gc

*grabs computer and chucks it out window. :=

i have been having a dinging issue with my computer. (for about a month and half) mainly when i am playing cs. my mouse freezes and i hear a dinging. (i would make the dinging noise...but it goes something like

ding-ding-da-ding in cs) (and ding-da-ding in windows) i'm pretty sure it has somethign to do with my mouse, since it freezes up and i can use my keyboard...

i have already confirmed it is not steam, or aol.

it happens alot and i don't know what it is, and i really don't want to throw my computer out the window, eeks! help me. please.

I had a computer that would go "ding da ding" when the cpu got too hot (it was actually the ASUS Probe utility or Motherboard Monitor utility dinging, not the actual mobo). Never had the mouse lock up because of it thought....did have the whole system lock up, just never just the mouse.

Have you tried reloading your mouse drivers?

no, xp doesn't require mouse drivers, so i am told, it loads its own.

i have a usb mouse, microsoft.

no, the whole computer doesn't lock up, just the mouse, cuz when i am playing cs, and i freeze, i can move with my keyboard, just cannot use my mouse, and after the dinging is done i unfreeze...and i can hear the dingin in my headphones, or speakers. not from the actual pc. ugh, its annoying....

well, not to sound like a total girl, but i guess my mouse was not plugged in all the way, or the usb has just gone bad. i switched my mouse lastnight, and it worked fine. then i plugged back in my old mouse, and it worked fine untill thisevening. so i unplugged it and replugged it in and it is working fine again. DER. guess i should have checked it :freak:

Knock...er...Trouble ("Here comes Trouble"), sounds like your mouse might be developing a short. You could probably contact the manufacturer and have it replaced for free. I know MS replaced, and still will, defective Intellimice.