Orbitals Questions....

Playaa

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

2 Peter 3:3-13

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "When is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgement and destruction of ungodly men. But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and teh earth and everything in it will be laed bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? you ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Points to think about:

1. Again God created heaven and earth

2. Earth and heaven and everything God has made will be destroyed.

a. Why would God destroy everything based purely on man's

misakes unless man was the only important aspect of creation?

3. New heaven and new earth created just for humans.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

Based on these and other passages of Scripture I feel that we are in fact alone in the Universe in terms of Intelligent beings.

On a side note, it turns out that some of these passages answer your question regarding time and the length of the earth. Some Scholars have stated that the Earth is abuot 5000-10000 years old, which lines up with the Bible, but several passages such as the one relating to length of time in terms of how God sees it raise interesting points that we don't know how old the World/Universe actually is, so your interpretation of how old the Earth is can neither be proven or disproven, since none of us were alive at the time and God does not specify in exact terms how long a day really is. Maybe we can debate that in a different topic, but if you have further questions regarding my post I'll be glad to look through Scripture to give you an accurate Biblical Perspective as closely as the Spirit reveals it.

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

Carbon Dating. Just look it up and realize what it means, that's all I can tell you. I think as humans, that's a very difficult thing to go grasph about the Universe. I respect it, but that is something I can't even comprehend, not because of me being thickheaded, just, you're defineing so much, that can't be definded. So let us move onf rom the Universe topic, it's a little, hard to swallow or read. :huh:

this is true. carbondating assumes that the max amount of C-14 (i think its C-14...) was present to begin with. there have been many experiments that hae shown it to be very innaccurate. the way i see it, god didnt make adam as a baby. he would have died. adam was most likely made a young adult. after all, a little child is not capable of naming all the creatures on the earth. so, if god can create a man to be older... than could he not make the earth/stars older as well? some stars may be older, some younger, same with planets. maybe trilobites never actually did live on earth, but were created in the soil as remains, same with dinosaurs. an 'older' planet, if you will. just an interesting thought.

Are we really going to have this little "meeting?" Because if we do, I'd like to come and pitch my 2 cents. Post some times/dates whatever, and I'll see if I can be around. My AIM name is

thorin320

and I should be on most of the time. If that's no good, email me at

weasel320@yahoo.com

It's great to see such interest in these things and I'd like to see it progress.

guys, I would REALLY enjoy talking in real time with you all but the weekends are HORRIBLE for me.....

so if you're gonna plan something, maybe plan it for a week night? since most ppl don't do much on the weeknights

if I'm the only one who can't do it on the weekend, then throw down without me, just ask that someone logs it so I can read what happens....

(I'm a reading freak)

if i say theres is no God and u are wrong about Evil and angels are nothing but human state of mind creation? would u think im wrong? of course u will. bible bell cities and their socities rule u rotten brain, do u even have one to get in to religion, or do u need to think to get into religion talk or u follow ur heart or do u follow God? what is God... i know i heard he is everywhere! so blah... i have a bible and i havent opened it in a very long time and i hope i will some day, so far its a paper weight, once all these people will stop the god propaganda. wth? i mean leave me alone. so do u think i'll go to heaven or hell? who cares? definatelly not you and how do i know i'll be even at the gates of heaven? i live in the bible bell town once again where baptists rules! they talk about good and bad, mariages and praying for mariages to work out... its pathetic! but i have to admit i learned something about should i say religion/God/what have i learned about i dunno....... im so cofused that i cant even grab another beer paecefully :) well screw that.

Points to think about:

1. Again God created heaven and earth

2. Earth and heaven and everything God has made will be destroyed.

a. Why would God destroy everything based purely on man's

misakes unless man was the only important aspect of creation?

3. New heaven and new earth created just for humans.

is it like uninstalling windows and installing linux or unix?

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

lol, Gotbeer? did you read the whole post or just the last few? We aren't necessarily making a case for Christianity, we're just answering a few of Orbital's questions as directly as possible. If you have questions relating to what we were discussing feel free to start a new topic, you could add it in Crowbar's post which really didn't fit here.

in regards to a comment earlier in this topic... sumone said that the only way to heaven is thru jesus and god, but why cant someones elses beliefs get them to their god?? i mean, think about it, if they were taught that from birth, why are they any different from you? to them u may seem wrong. u cant ever expect everyone to follow the same religion, will NEVER happen. and why believe in a greater good? i dont wanna come off like a pagan or anything, but i mean, is it you want something in your life to guide you, and watch over you? you have no idea what exist after death, if anything, yet you blindly follow, and say others are wrong for the same thing, just different reasons...contradictory one might say. <_<

y'know I'm really sick of ppl talking like that

of course everyone is never going to believe in the same religion........but guess what.......

THERE IS ONLY ONE ANSWER!!!

even if I'm dead wrong, I can't see how someone could be so confused about life and eternity and everything to think that there are multiple answers to this multiple choice question

I'm done with this forum, and I'm sick of these topics.........you ppl are the ones who constantly bring these things up and then repeatedly call us hypocrites and contradictory and self-righteous.......

I'm through with all of this.....

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests
:angry: Your not letting your mind think. You are just sticking to your thoughts, that's not the way to go, ever in life. You'll never be completley right.. sorry to say.

Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guest [Rangers] Word
Guests

In response to Jiffy's comment (which was already answered earlier) you are correct in stating that other religions are different. The reason they are different is that according to what we believe every other religion is wrong. (also stated earlier) The problem is that you expect us to believe what we believe and let every other person believe what they believe and not interfefe. The only problem with that is that if we (Christians) actually believe what we believe, then we believe that all other religions are wrong. To do otherwise would simply show hypocracy by by not acting on what you supposedly believe in. So I'm sorry if we offended you Jiffy, but it's not really your call.

no, i agree. i dont mean to anger you playaa. i read these post as well and am frustrated with it all as well. i totally understand where you are coming from in a sense. BUT as orbit said, no one will ever be right. never. because of peoples want to know the whole truth...to know more about it. natural thing to be curious. as christians, all other religions are wrong. but you dont let you mind wander and think what if this, what if that...thats how things change. galilelo went against the churches beliefs and was thought a heretic, but was he? no, he just followed his curious nature and realized the earth revolved around the sun, not vise versa. So i guess what im saying is, LET IT GO PEOPLE. no one will ever fully agree with one another. and with that said...close the topic already..giving people grey hair before they need it... :huh:

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

-sigh-

This has so gotten off of course. So many people have not respsected the thread Playaa made for me. I have to sadly agree with Jiffy, if people can't respect each other's views, then there is no purpose for this thread.

I made it out of curiosity, out of wanting to learn more about the world I live in, sadly enough, I don't think this can happen anymore with this thread. :(