Illegal Substances and Alcohol

Guest Orbital

I smoke cause it used to relax me, now im just hooked.. i only drink when i wanna have a reason to sleep in the next day and I get stoned a lot, im not a drug addict or anything but I do it to get away from life, to get away from reality. I have a borderline personality and its hard for me to deal with myself a times and I just need to get away from the pain i cause myself and the pain i cause other people. Thats why I do it, trust me, if there was anyother way I could do it myself with out having to smoke weed, i would. Sex doesn't help me anymore, thats just plan old fun, smoking doesn't relax me anymore and all drinking does for me is make me puke and gimme a hang over, oh and i guess it makes me strip, i can never remember. So I personally think different people have different reasons to do drugs, some are reasonable I think, some aren't.

(wow.. that sounds coooookee coming from a 15 yr old.. hahaha) 8P)

suprised more gbury peeps havent weighed in on this subject condsidering we were like on of the top underage drinking towns in america a couple years ago

amen! hahahha (im from g-bury) This town sucks for everything other than getting drugs and drinking at underage parties. Wow, that makes our town seem like we are a bunch of... wild teenagers? I can't think of the way to put it, I bet if u walked into our town though you'd look around and think "money" not drugs.

• 3 years later...
lol all_killer.....He stopped smoking pot and drinking as much. I haven't, I am continuing to fry my brain cells and destroy my liver and ill smoke a pack of cigarettes in one night on blackout fridays. As long as people know what they are getting into, they should do what they want. You may say that i am forming addictions to all this stuff...and I say the typical answer....BS. Im in alcohol safty class right now for gettin a possesion of alcohol ticket and we also discuss the way you become addicted. Which i believe is total BS as well, The people who make up "these so called signs" of being addicted are the people that dont do this stuff. And that stuff happens to everyone, like everyone pukes when they get really drunk.

I once stopped getting high for a month and I didnt miss it either, I would be able to wake up at 10 am with no problem. I actually cant wait till the day that I get out of college and start a real job. Then I will have something to look forward to and work for some $$$$.

But what these people that make up the rules of addiction, they dont understand my enviroment. I go home for christmas break. I dont even drink. I may drink on friday's a few times, but nowhere near as much as i am in school. I dont smoke as much reefer either when i go home, hardly any. Cigarettes, now they are addicting. I will smoke a pack in 2-3 days at school, but when i go home, a pack will last me at least a week. When i get out of the enviroment that i am in now, Im sure things will change, when i have something better to do, I will stop this stuff. You say, something better to do? I mean around here at night, EVERYONE is drinking, so naturally i dont want to be the only sober one sitting there.......and its also kinda fun to drink a 1/5th of jack daniels and run through the dorms flippin all the circuit breakers off (the sXe people will say, how dumb is that) but if you have never experience this, lol trust me, its fun. Which comes back to my point on addiction. I do this cuz its fun, I cant be 30 years old running through dorms turning off everyones power. So im doin this while I still have my youth. When im to old to do this dumb stuff I will stop. Everyone has to grow up sometime.....As for me, not yet

wow... I like these forums... it is very interesting to see where I was 3.5 years ago... man, its weird how some people grow up all at once, I'm much different person now than I was back then....

If I were to read it back then, I sound like a 20 year old know it all. but my post hit the nail right on the head. I knew what I was doing back then and I probably haven't smoked a cigarette in about 2.5-3 years. I graduated college in computer science and gotta good job. Have fun while your young kids, one of these days your going to have to work 9-5 and all your friends will either be attached or not have fun like we used to.

FWIW, Orbital, I drink beer on occasion because I like the taste. I don't drink beer that I don't like the taste of. I used to drink liquor more frequently, too, but again only what tasted good to me. Now, I may have a glass of nice scotch or maybe Jack Daniel's, but that's pretty rare (good scotch is PRICEY!).

Of course, there's a sign that something's off...Someone actually LIKES the taste of scotch, which many consider to be on par taste-wise with paint thinner. Just my buck oh eight (two cents adjusted for inflation).

Good to hear you got out of that "environment" NOFX.

This was strange for me to read. I was always with the crew that burned the rich kids tough. Still don't know whether or not they were blind to that fact, stupid, or they didn't care because they had so much money.

that enviroment was college :) Im with ya man with rich kids, I didnt get along with them either and fox. did you happen to notice the date oribital posted this?

• 2 months later...

Yeah, glad you dredged this back up NOFX. Interesting read. When I read the dates of the beginning conversation, I wondered what Orbital's thinking on the topic was now, 4 years later.

When I was in HS, (a couple decades ago :blink: ) I had the same feelings about booze, pot, smokes,... as Orbital. College does strange things to most people. Don't remember who in this thread stated that in college you meet many differen people, and you are bound to experience different things (I think it may have been all_killer, anyway)

Yeah, recreational pot usage, primarily in college. Most of my friends did it. Tere were some that didn't, and that was cool with us, we would go to a different room, or outside so as not to bother tham. Beer, wine, some liquor all good, but never have done anything harder. Too many horror stories; od's, addictions, etc. Yeah, alcoholism does run in my family, but that's a risk that at this point, I'm fully prepared to take. I've had friends go through the 12 step program (successfully too, one friend has been sober for 16 years this August :luxhello: )

Still it yould be interesting to see what Orbital, all_killer, Zweih, and catalystgs think about this topic today. Maybe their veiws are the same? Maybe not. We may never know....

...and fox. did you happen to notice the date oribital posted this?

Probably, I usually am pretty good about that. But just like you said, when you looked back at your post from three years ago (I'm guessing that was about right) yadda yadda yadda...Just thought Orbital might be back in, checking out some stuff, stumble across it...See things from a few years ahead. It's no skin off my nose, fo' shizzle.

oh, postcount++