Holy Wingless Supra

General J

(edited)

The budget lot is next door... that is a 1993 Supra (non-turbo) Sport Roof with 13,000 miles... here's what they have to say about it... "One of a kind collector's item .. The only 13,000 mile Supra in the country .. Never been driven in the rain .. 17" Integral-GT1 wheels with low-profile Michelin Pilot sport tires .. Also extra set of 16" factory wheels and tires .. Has a removable hard top!!" All they really needed to say was "It's BAD donkey! Come buy it today!"

Price tag of $28,950

Edited by General J

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

really think there that good?

me likes wrx sti =)

First of all, it's a Toyota. If taken care of properly, it will run for forever. Second of all, its just plain beautiful. I would walk into my garage and be like :o:o "Wow... thats mine!" everytime I went to drive it... And there aren't really that many Supra's around like that, especially without the spoiler/wing.

really think there that good?

me likes wrx sti =)

Yes "there" that good.

And unlike the WRX, they actually have some interior comforts and have resale value.

Suburu's are not well known for holding their value.

Of course, maybe I'm just biased...I've always wanted one, and too this day, firmly believe that they are the sexiest car this side of the Carerra.

The scooby will whip the Supra. But the Supra would look about 100 times better in my garage (or any garage) than the Impreza...I mean WRX. ont get me wrong...if I was a millionare I would definately have a scooby in my stable too! For those winter jaunts to the grocery store ;)

Not all things are about going fast, my 350Z driving friend.

The Supra is dead sexy. The WRX isn't. At all. In fact...its ugly...very ugly...and tiny...all 4 seats... (biased opinion here).

The Supra also has eternal value. A decade from now when the WRX is a relic of another generation the Supra will still be a prized possession.

Of course, I'm biased...I don't care for the Evo or the sTi. I'd still take my car over either of them. I think they are both in the same boat as the SRT-IIII: Fast, but poorly built, lacking in comforts and will not stand the test of time.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

very baised opinion on the sti, it is an incredible build on that car.... read up... technology put into that car is insane...and it is sexy... the best 4 door car i have ever seen in my life... comfort? you dont like the seats, then buy some new ones for like 400 a piece... a lot yea? but if your spending 30 K on a car another 800 is nothing....WRX rox... watch some of those rally races .... 300 hp in a v4turbo. AWD.... AWD...AWD... o yea did i say ALL WHEEL DRIVE... yea i think i did..it'll be somewhat fun smoking by you on the straight aways but losing you in my rear view miror around turns and off ramps would be easily done.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

o ya and that non turbo supra up there lol... whats 28 K? that thing is slowww... thats like buying a 4 cylinder pick up truck... defeats the purpose of having the car.

Puh-lease man.

The car does not come with a stereo, does not come with modern climate controls...the darn cupholders look like an afterthought. The interior is a lot bleaker than one should expect for a car over $30K. And the darn thing has some major handling problems that shouldn't happen in an AWD car...like understeer and poor response from the Steering wheel...and road noise...and road noise...and road noise...yuck. Not something I would like to drive for 200 miles strait.

As for looks...it definately looks better than ye old WRX, but the wing...is a bit much. I honestly believe that the WRX sTi is a poor (relatively) man's S-4.

... yea i think i did..it'll be somewhat fun smoking by you on the straight aways but losing you in my rear view miror around turns and off ramps would be easily done.
LOL. Like you have one man, or could afford one....and if you could I'd be interested in seeing if the sTi has the same issues that ye Standard WRX has at higher speeds...aerodynamics. The Standard WRX is a box that starts slowin down quick after 80 mph...I know, I've played tag with'em on the highway...and fast they might be at 0-60, but unable to keep up with my car at 140.

o ya and that non turbo supra up there lol... whats 28 K? that thing is slowww... thats like buying a 4 cylinder pick up truck... defeats the purpose of having the car.

Though I believe that $28K is a bit outrageous for a non turbo supra, as I said before, the Supra has something that the WRX will never have: Style.

The other thing you are missing is history here. The 225 hp that the Supra sported back then (6.4 sec 0-60 I believe) was fast for its time. W/out today's technology Scooby wouldn't pack near the punch it does...not to mention would be much more expensive for what it could offer.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

Facts: #1:Handling 9.69 (caranddriver)

(White Knight) And the darn thing has some major handling problems that shouldn't happen in an AWD car...like understeer and poor response from the Steering wheel...and road noise

#2:Interior Comfort 8.41 (not good but not bad either..)

lacking in comforts and will not stand the test of time.

The car does not come with a stereo, does not come with modern climate controls...the darn cupholders look like an afterthought. The interior is a lot bleaker than one should expect for a car over $30K

#3:Acceleration 9.44

Acceleration 9.44

#4:Dependability 9.53

#5:Ride 9.04

you get my point right? read yours then mine. just one example from a credited source. of course some things were lowered but just these topics were contested. thnxk

you get my point right? read yours then mine. just one example from a credited source.  of course some things were lowered but just these topics were contested. thnx
A credited source that you didn't even post a link for? I think you are making this stuff up...Car and Driver you say?

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...0&page_number=2

From C&D

Highs: Strong, torquey engine; high-quality interior; grippy tires.

Lows: Steering's too slow, some understeer, seats need more bolstering, flappy hood and wing, tires generate as much noise as they do grip.

Oh wait...now I see where you got those numbers.

Of course...you forgot one item.

Here's how our visitors have reviewed this vehicle.

LOL.

While I'm at it...lets go check out what Edmunds says about the sti...

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/subaru/imp...nav..15.Subaru*

Pros

Stunning acceleration, slightly more forgiving ride than Mitsubishi Evolution, high-quality cabin trim.

Cons

Handling not quite as sharp as Evolution's, vague gearshifter, audio system is a pricey option.

Hmm...handling again.

Its ok man, you can like the car, I don't care. Its your opinion. Maybe as you get older you will realize that there is a bit more to a car than going fast in a strait line...especially for that kind of money. At $30K its more expensive than like 75% of the cars sold in America (not cars available...cars sold). But here's my hint to ya...go see one in person.

Take it out of the dealership...pull up to a stop light. When the light turns green tear outta there...man isn't this car fast. Roll down the windows...its just not right without the wind in your face...ok now open up the sunroof. Wait, it doesn't have one. Crap.

Now get on the highway and let her fly...this would be so much cooler with some music to be jammin too...so you reach for the stereo power button...wait. There isn't one. Crap. Man this sucks.

NOTE: The suburu WRX STI that I have seen in RL HAD the stereo and upgraded speakers already installed at Classic Subaru in O-town. They were selling it for $40K because the darn car is freakin hard to get ahold of. I have not driven one, however a good buddy of mine, who races Porsche's had the opportunity to. I would expect a Porsche guy to know what hes talking about. My comments about driving experience of the car are based on his opinions.

Edited by White Knight

Keep it civil White.

To all:

The funny thing is...we are all car lovers here. I am not a big fan of the Scooby, but I LOVE it for what it does well...it performs! C'mon, weather you like the car or not, there is no denying the technology, power and sheer speed that car has! I have raced one while in my Z, I looked better, but I think he was faster!

The STi is badass for what it is...a cheap platform with $30K worth of AWD, locking diffs, driver OR computer controlled center differential and a 300HP motor. It's a RALLY CAR! Not meant to be beautiful or luxurious, I think it has a pretty mean look to it actually. I would buy one if I were a millionarre.

I dont want to see people bashing other people in here...or even other people's opinions. Feel free to toss your own opinion in, but not while slamming the next guy.

Dont wanna drop $30K on an STi...then dont. I didnt. Think it's ugly? Fine...say that, I think it is. Think the Supra is WAAAAY more beautiful and more your style...thats a perfectly valid opinion. If I were an STi owner, I would be quick to tell a Supra owner "Hey, BEAUTIFUL car!"

If I were a Supra owner (or Z owner ;) ) , I would be quick to tell an STi owner "hey, that is a fast little booger there...cool car!"

But I will hand this to any STI owner/fan...that is a pretty bad donkey little car.

Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guest the.rev
Guests

it rocks and flies.. maybe not top end.. but how often do you race someone up to 140? yea yea save me the stories but its slim to none you do.. i know i race around here and there... (93 firebird)... i top off at 162 and you think i will ever go that fast... negative my friend... you think i have raced a car above 120... negative my friend... most likely not gonna happen... its fast... dont need speed over 100....and yes it is a rally car... probly the best rally car in its field...

... yea i bet all the visitors are wrong... :P

gg stick to your vintage supras.. i will have a good time with my sti when i get 1...keep the rust out

my fav thing about your post was the maturity comment...((Maybe as you get older you will realize that there is a bit more to a car than going fast in a strait line...)).... that always kills me in every debate... im probly as old as you or older btw..and i think i have seen one in person... let me review my memory...o ya i have.. many....

cant say i have driven one..got me there...but all ends gl w/ your supra loving self.. i want an sti ... gj regulating goots...

it rocks and flies.. maybe not top end.. but how often do you race someone up to 140? yea yea save me the stories but its slim to none you do..  i know i race around here and there... (93 firebird)... i top off at 162 and you think i will ever go that fast... negative my friend... you think i have raced a car above 120... negative my friend... most likely not gonna happen... its fast... dont need speed over 100....and yes it is a rally car... probly the best rally car in its field...

... yea i bet all the visitors are wrong...  :P

gg stick to your vintage supras.. i will have a good time with my sti when i get 1...keep the rust out

my fav thing about your post was the maturity comment...((Maybe as you get older you will realize that there is a bit more to a car than going fast in a strait line...)).... that always kills me in every debate... im probly as old as you or older btw..and i think i have seen one in person... let me review my memory...o ya i have.. many....

cant say i have driven one..got me there...but all ends gl w/ your supra loving self.. i want an sti ... gj regulating goots...

Did you read my post!?!?! :angry:

gootz i didnt attack any1 :P

Puh-lease. I can chill but only if it is mutual chillin. I will gladly admit I took a shot at you after you attempted to pass off "user reviews" as the actual Credible Reviews.

just one example from a credited source.
Does not match

If you have difficulty realizing this then I can't help you. But please don't try to act Mr. Innocent. Of course, I'd call BS on the 'see many of them' since Subaru is only making about 300 of them a month. I've only seen one. I only know of one person that has driven one.

And for the record, most of my racing is done on the highway playin tag, so speeds go between 70 and 120.