COD

Lunk

I have been having a blast with multiplay.

There are like 4 or 5 game modes. There is the basic deathmatch and team deathmatch (boring).

Then there is search and destroy which is basically CS bombing. The one BIG difference is that everyone carries explosives and can plant them (I like!)

Then there is retrieval which is basically hostage rescue in CS but you arent rescuing funny walking hostages but rather picking up important (yellow glowing) documents. This is probably harder than SD. But I played this style on the battleship(?, I think it was a battleship or a destroyer...). Very cool level (havent played it in SP yet) and the objective was accomplished at least two times (once by ME! :D)

Then there is behind enemy lines. I have YET to play this one and might actually search it out cause it sounds cool. A small portion of the players is Allied players while the rest are Axis. The allied gain points by staying alive and killing axis players. Once an axis players kills an allied player he respawns as an allied player. Basically a varient of "smear the odd guy".

As far as gameplay...

You seem to die faster than in CS which I like (well at least the opponents dying faster part). This sometimes will slow gameplay down which is another thing I like. Of course this isnt always the case and you will take part in your share of firefights. But it does require more teamwork. Dont expect to advance on a position by running and gunning all by yourself.

Sniping is a big part of the game. Sniping is a little different than in CS. For one... you can carry two primary weapons!! Secondly... your zoomed in screen is smaller than in CS making your field of vision very small. Also your screen will move around according to your stance. So if you standing you will still have to bring your crosshairs onto the target cause its moving around. Prone is much easier to handle but that usually doesnt bother me even if I am standing. Thirdly you can be prone.. making it much easier to be inconspicuous. Many time I have to zoom in and scan the perimeter especially the brush to even see another sniper. He is totally invisible to the unzoomed eye. Of course you better spot him before he spots you! Fourthly, you have crosshairs while unzoomed and your rifle so far has seemed to be pretty accurate unzoomed.

Sniping is probably more prevelant in the game that it was in the real war. Im not sure about this but it would appear so. I personally have a great time sniping. But I dont feel that it will dominate like an awesome AWPer can. But with time Im sure some guys will learn how to shoot that good.

Nades are more powerful and a lot of fun... I am still learning how to throw them (they seem to go very far) and the timing of holding them so they explode quickly.

All in all I enjoy multiplayer. Havent played CS since I got it. Is it better than Enemy Territory? I seem to like it better but ET has some cool gameplay stuff. Personally I have never liked the class system in a game which I think turned me off to ET. If I had stuck with it I might have learned to like it more. Plus my system (at the time) had a hard time running ET.

Ok, I'll probably get this in a few days. A few questions:

1. Is there voicecomm? Preporgrammed voice call-outs?

2. Is the respawning like DoD, e.g. every 15 seconds or so all the 'dead' guys respawn?

3. How many MP maps are there? Are there player created maps or only 'official' ones?

4. Are there drivable vehicles?

5. It sounds like DLM? has a server for this? What's the IP/info?

GC Alumni

1. No voice comm

2. You can respawn right away after you die

3. I think there are only offical ones at the moment.

4. No, only in SP but in a couple missions...

5. DLM and DOH own the server. The IP is 66.90.70.242:28961. Go in game and select favorites and goto add favorites.

Edited by JackieChan

1) Teamspeak is up on the same server.

2) No. Not unless your playing deathmatch or team deathmatch or behind enemy lines. If your playing the mission style search and destroy or retrieval... its based on rounds just like CS.

3) JC is right. But Im still playing new ones everyday. Do not know how many there are but there is quite a few and the level of detail on them is amazing. Of course they are converted single player maps so that would make sense. The SDK either was or is going to be released shortly. Im sure maps will start popping up once that happens.

4) Nope. In the single player you get to "ride". :rolleyes: Still cool though.

5) What Jackie said. Also join the Teamspeak server before you come in. Its the same IP as the server.