new music player

Guest wgp

Guest wgp
Guest wgp
Guest wgp
Guests

hey its wgp, i got banned for using the new music player that was supposed to be identical to HLamp and it said i was dropped due to cheating. Later i found out it was the same one and people had not edited it. If you can please unban me asap it will be appreciated. ty.

wgp

If u were banned for cheating u are most likely "Steam banned" previously known as "VAC Banned" The only way this can be lifted is to buy a new HL CD-Key and create a new acct. or maybe argue to valve/steam but ur chances of that are slim to none so my suggestion would be go buy a new cd-key.

P.S-Why do u need an in-game winamp controller when u can alt+tab without losing sound :/ ?

L1115048.log(151): L 11/16/2003 - 00:00:23: Secure: "wgp<1307><STEAM_0:1:102499><>" was detected cheating and dropped from the server.

At this point, the burden is on you to show why this would happen. Either by confirming this program gives false hits, or better yet providing an actual name/link for an independent test of this music program. A positive hit on VAC however puts you at the burden of proving it was wrong. Otherwise, why have VAC?

I've listened to music for a while now w/o being banned. Not sure why there's even an issue.

And we can't lift a VAC ban.

hey its wgp, i got banned for using the new music player that was supposed to be identical to HLamp and it said i was dropped due to cheating. Later i found out it was the same one and people had not edited it. If you can please unban me asap it will be appreciated. ty.

wgp

This statement also strikes me as strange given that you posted it 2 minutes after your ban.

Guest wgp
Guest wgp
Guest wgp
Guests

why wouldnt i post it two minutes after my ban? Oh ya, i want to be unbanned. Thanks to the people who helped i got a new cd-key.

wgp

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

vac is about to become a beast, hacking will be a hard thing to do in the next couple months. New programmers have just been added to vac.

p.s. I heard this from jerry, the head ac admin for cal. Cause we were in his server and some guy from idemise was busted cheating, and then another guy a few min later.

its kool, u can close this, i got it worked out with valve, ty

wgp

A new CD key doesn't mean it's worked out with Valve. You're only able to connect now b/c you're using a different ID. Your attempt to connect at 10:00 a.m. EST this morning with your old ID shows it didn't work.

Here's the scenario as I see it so far from looking at the logs:

1. You were playing along

2. VAC updated

3. Map changed

4. You were caught; along with another guy playing in there at the same time

5. You scrambled to blame this on a HLamp issue from August

6. Your 'solution' was to get another CD Key

Just post up your proof of what you are saying. As it stands now, it appears you were caught with an old hack that VAC now catches. Sorta caught with your pants down.

In fact, anyone please post information on this. If VAC is screwy, let's show it. But it's there for a reason. Just saying it screwed you, then getting a new ID proves nothing.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=comnews&id=6421&x=

my guess is that you were using the metacheat by joolz, which is what this update was targeted at. And I have watched you and it sure does look like you wall, but who knows alot of good people look like they wall.

Edited by Mossad

P.S-Why do u need an in-game winamp controller when u can alt+tab without losing sound :/ ?

Because when im running a sound program, i cant hear it when im running 1.6 :-/

I think u need a new sound card then Zeabos :o