LOCK ON: MODERN AIR COMBAT

BIGSHaW

Hi all, finally after 4 years in development (yeah flight sims take looooonnnnggg time to make) its finally on the shelves!

f15speedbrakecityaf.jpg

This game/sim features F-15C Eagle, A-10 Thunderbolt II (warhog) - USAF, Mig29A - German Luftwaffe, Mig29A anc C Folcrum versions, Su-25 Frogfoot, and Su-27/33 Flanker of Russian Airforce (VVS)

The graphics engine in this thing is awesome...never seen before effects really push current technology to the limit...I mean who needs Doom3??? :)

The key features include:

- Scalable realism (so that even a person who never picked a flight sim b4 could have fun with it by scaling difficulty to any level they wish and feel comfortable with) of course real junkies fly at full but then we got years of experience of reading those manuals B) here is the quote from official site

" for the beginner and expert pilot are included. For example, options for extra-powerful engines, anti-spin control and easy landings make it more accessible for beginners. For the advanced flight enthusiasts there will be ultra accurate rates of acceleration, fuel consumption flight range and others. Even the famous "cobra" move will be possible in the Su-27, Su-33 and Mig-29 aircraft"

- Superb attention to detail ( Radio chatter is just scaring...u really think u're listeing to some combat radio traffic!!!)

- Stunning 3D objects and terrain

- a range of missions, campaing, quick mission generator and very powerfull and easy to use full scenario builder

ScreenShot_002.jpg

Scre8.jpg

Scre14.jpg

ScreenShot_154.jpg

f15highclimb.jpg

f15dawn5.jpg

su30desertschemeafb.jpg

f18sonthecat.jpg

f14sbuzzcarrier.jpg

2vf111climbburner.jpg

Scre19.jpg

Scre22.jpg

Scre20.jpg

I know I know screens dont tell nothing...so here are couple of movies...(check em out cuz the first one uses whole bunch of "Hollywood style effects and its based on demo only too!!)

VIDEO Based on Demo (great effects)

Second movie is just plain in-game footage (no editing whats so ever)

In-game footage

Finally if you want to check it out for real u can get Demo here

DEMO

(keep in mind that this Demo is not optimized as released version, in fact its based on beta build 41 the gold version is based on build 78 ;) and I heard lots of ppl are happy the way released version runs and that it is relatively bug free out of the box :D )

wow that's awesome. Heh it'd be kewl if they could integrate that game with like a first person shooter. So you can have a warzone of air and land. Maybe sea.

Three words for ya Xtermimantor Operation Flash Point

Features include:

Complete infantry, mobile armor and aircraft in one single tactical game with full immersion

Commanding up to 12 units with plenty of tactical and strategic options.

Large-scale highly accurate and detailed 3D environment with the best visual representation of modern military ever seen.

Non-linear campaign strengthened by cinematic-like voice-over and animated cut-scenes.

Built-in full featured mission editor and open standard enabling gamers to create and share own missions and campaigns.

Multiplayer combat over LAN and Internet with full support of commanding options, all type of units and mission editor.

BTW Operation Flash point got like tons of mods and add-ons out there

One of them in particular covers Chechen conflict...they already got BMPs and Infatry ready, finishing up areas near Grozny now :)

new_snow_vedeno_6.jpg

new_snow_vedeno_7.jpg

new_snow_vedeno_15.jpg

new_snow_vedeno_10.jpg

new_crew_5.jpg

new_bmp2_14.jpg

new_bmp2_20.jpg

new_bmp2_23.jpg

new_naval_10.jpg

new_fsb_5.jpg

new_fsb_1.jpg

http://www.caucasus-crisis.ru/

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/

http://ofpboh.himitsukichi.com/main_e_frame.htm

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~hammer/

Site that covers all the upcoming and released add-ons

wow that's awesome. Heh it'd be kewl if they could integrate that game with like a first person shooter. So you can have a warzone of air and land. Maybe sea.

hahahaha

www.desertcombat.com

:lol:

or maybe even my other favorite

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/

Desert Combat may not be able to see 10,000km or as a realistic flight simulator, but I this is a good intergration of that and a fps, plus the details are better :)

Edited by NOFX

yeah dudes, where have you been, go buy Battlefield 1942 and download Desert Combat, NOW!!!!!!

on another note, Flight Sims are probably the most fun of any computer game, in my opinion. The first PC game I played was Falcon 3.0. Man was that a great game, then I played Jane's USAF. Played the latter online for a long time, till EA bought Jane's and closed our flight lobby...bastages :angry: .

anyway, I'm moving this topic to "Games other than CS"

I'll check out that sim 'shaw, got my old joystick hooked up for DC, might as well buy a good flight sim.

oh yeah, and Operation Flashpoint was cool too, I couldn't get past one of the early missions in the campain though, so I kinda quit playing. Battlefield is very similar, just a little older weapons. Also America's Army reminds me of OF.

What I love about OFP though is the FREAKING OPEN SPACE MAN!...u can walk where ever u want and do whatever u want...you see people don't understand that those mountains/forests they see on the horizon in OFP are not just a background image...u can actually go up there and do whatever!!! plus realism in that game is just awesome, Americas Army is a good game but it still confined if u know what I mean

DC and Bf1942 are good shooters but thats what htey are ...shooters...:(

I used to fly USAF online too crowbar! that was some awesome game, BTW did u fly IAF made by Janes too before USAF? it was very similar and was fun to play.

were you in any squads 'shaw? I was a Scuba waaaaaayyyyyyyy back when, then in VF, and SE. I had a lot of friends in the 87th FIS and the Wolf Pack. Ah, I loved those days.

no, I didn't play IAF, I did play a little WWII fighters though.

used to fly under the callsign slim, or _slim

well...IL-2 is very well made sim - in fact I was able to run it smoothly enough to play on my old rig P3 500Mhz with GeForce2! LOL

besides now u can get it at Wal-Mart for only $15 USD... :) and trust me its totaly worth it!