Map Vote Lists

Fatty

Ok, here's your chance for some input.

tropolis seems to be stuck in the DAD rotation, but that's only because they win the votes. We can resist that by removing certain maps from votes during certain times, and leaving/adding others (for a long time, DAD didn't even exist during primetime, and people lived!!!!) but that's going to be up to you and the admins together. Who knows, maybe you're satisfied with how the server is going currently.

3rd parties that had become tradition can be returned, as sv_allowdownload is back to 1.

Your input on this goes here:

I wouldn't mind getting out of the rotation.

I just wish more of the included maps would be played.

I mean I was whining about playing estate the other day and 5 people actually said they didn't even know what it was....

:o

(I know this is just my opinion and it's not very common but I think estate is THE best map)

maps like Vertigo, Torn, Storm, Piranesi, DEADLOCK! (I know that's not included) NEED to be played more...but it always seems like DAD, Inferno and sometimes oilrig.

btw, gotta give a shoutout to the Canadian just above Celine Dion on my list...LINCH RULEZ!!1

he let me play estate the other day and people didn't die a horrible death...in fact I think it was enjoyed.

I now hate you AK.

badly.

all I can say is that I wish with all my heart that I could find a good, nice pinging, nearly full server out there as good as Trop...because I CAN'T...there is not one other server in this world that fits those criteria...and every time maps like scoutsknivez, leet-skeet, helms_deep come on...I want to cry...I HATE those kinds of maps and if I wanted to play that kind of game I'd play Quake 2 (which blows CS out of the water anyway)

sorry...hadda rant.

I'd like to see more variety of maps. But the problems with maps like de_aztec3 and such is when the server starts dloading the map, alot of people are like "Screw this, I'll play on the other server I play on till they finish playin that map." So the enigma is this. How do we not play the same ol' maps ever other round and at the same time not chase away a majority of the player-base who doesn't have such maps?

I think we should play some of the maps that come automatically with CS that don't get played much anymore. I know about 2 weeks ago the server was full and we went to de_chatteu(sp?) and we had a blast. Mostly because it was a fun map that wasn't Dust/Aztec/Dust2/Inferno.

But that's just one man's estimations on the subject...

indEEd :D

GC Founder
I'd like to see more variety of maps. But the problems with maps like de_aztec3 and such is when the server starts dloading the map, alot of people are like "Screw this, I'll play on the other server I play on till they finish playin that map." So the enigma is this. How do we not play the same ol' maps ever other round and at the same time not chase away a majority of the player-base who doesn't have such maps?

I think we should play some of the maps that come automatically with CS that don't get played much anymore. I know about 2 weeks ago the server was full and we went to de_chatteu(sp?) and we had a blast. Mostly because it was a fun map that wasn't Dust/Aztec/Dust2/Inferno.

But that's just one man's estimations on the subject...

indEEd :D

Actually, aztec3 is a bad example. Aztec3, prior to 1.6, was widely accepted, and games would go on.

The problem is, playing clients can't see the number of people connected, so they wanna bail when they see 4 others....when 10 are downloading.

Those people that are like "screw this" are quite possibly those that we don't mind seeing go.....seriously.

I agree with you on your last statement about seldom-played-default maps. What happened to thunder?

Could we maybe have it where the server doesn't kick up maps that have been played in the past 3 or 4 maps, Fatty? I've seen votes that were as such:

1. Aztec

2. Dust

3. Aztec

That's about as much variety as a 85 year old woman's underwear drawer.

Guest The.Cow
Guest The.Cow
Guest The.Cow
Guests

Believe it or not [gasp] there was a time when nobody ever complained about CS maps. It was fun to simply play them and variety was encouraged.

You guys definitely need to get older maps like thunder, rotterdamn, docks_v1, and vegas into the roation more.

I feel the same about maps like scoutzknivez and that freakin awp skeet map...I rarely have fun on them unless I'm in the right mood...maybe I should just go back to becoming "Yar Knife Hard?!" and knifing only on those maps...at least that's a BIT of fun...

(I know this is just my opinion and it's not very common but I think estate is THE best map).

I HATE ESTATE!!! WORST MAP EVER!!!!

I remeber....way back

Bob lee and i would just buy pump shotguns every round buy smoke nades and ring the doorbell the entire round....becausee we both hated it so much. :halo:

Estate must have been played 15 times yesterday

jerk

as for why I think Estate is fun...because I have fun playing it...pretty simple criteria I'd say. To me maps like Estate and 747 are PERFECT for this game because they make sense...then you compare maps like Italy or Dust....they make absolutely no sense in a Terrorist/Counter-Terrorist setting...