Case modding

Crowbar

Alright, I know at least a few of you have some cool modded cases and/or systems. I'd love to get an awsome looking system, but I don't really know what I'm doing, or what's even availible to do. So, get some pictures of your rig and post them up, and tell us how you did what you did.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN0436.JPG

Don't ask about that blue man group sticker :P

DSCN0437.JPG

The middle 2 bays I did the simple Stealth mod with my DVD-ROM and 48x Burner. The yucky white thing came with my mobo.. I tells me if my comp is tossing cookies and has 2 usb connections. I also have that switch in my floppy bay to turn on my red cold cathode.

DSCN0439.JPG

The window mod came with the case... I just added stickers :) and a Red light up fan on the window.

DSCN0441.JPG

I was sick of all the messy power cables in there so I wire lumed them. I just put in my new 160 GIG SATA Hard Drive in.. Its the middle one :o

The UV sensitive IDE cables came with my DFI Lan Party board. And I also bought the other clear rounded cable for my DVD-ROM and Burner.

What I really want to do this summer is cut a blowhole in the top of my case and put a fan up there.

I :wub: NewEgg :peace:

Edited by bullet-401

Ummm, compressed air is for use inside the case. Just don't take the system apart. Air will get where you can't see. Really. And don't tip the can at an angle so the moisture comes out.

With that window you should be blowing out the dust more often so you can see what a mess those cables are.

Compressed air inside my case = life saver. Pic quality is not the greatest but you get the idea, its neat in there. All the original case fan openings have had the guards cut off to improves airflows with a 76mm holesaw. Monitor is 24in, 21viewable ( i measured to make sure ;) ) Oh yea, case temps are only about 4-5c above ambient but with the addition of 3 blowholes in the top coming very soon i should be at almost ambient.

rig.jpg

rig1.jpg

rig3.jpg

rig4.jpg

Edited by All Kill3r

hehe yea i noticed

this is the next thing i plan to do, got some serious court stuff coming up at the beggining of the month so right after that its on.

DSCF0023.jpg

**EDIT** i dont want to start another topic just for this so...... anyone know a good place for web space hosting ? if not for free then for cheap

Edited by All Kill3r

Not modded, but here are some examples for a clean case. Note how the IDE cables are folded. You want to plan out the path and the bends before you crease them. The excess is tucked behind out of the way and if you take them off they retain their shape.

Also, note the two Y S Tech fan knobs sticking out the back.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

Hey homer .. if your going to FF04 help me organize my comp  :D

Ill bring an assortment of tie cables! (serious)

lol why dont you take you pc apart and start over by putting it back together neatly ? its more fun that way.

Crowbar, ive seen lots of pics of that second case and read that people are really satisfied with it. The bubbly light up thingys on the front are pretty cool

Hey homer .. if your going to FF04 help me organize my comp  :D

Ill bring an assortment of tie cables! (serious)

lol why dont you take you pc apart and start over by putting it back together neatly ? its more fun that way.

Crowbar, ive seen lots of pics of that second case and read that people are really satisfied with it. The bubbly light up thingys on the front are pretty cool

I think the last time he blew the dust out he took things apart not careful of static electricity. :zombie:

I'm in Seattle so I prolly won't be making FF04. :wavey:

my case needs the same fixing up...I have a TON of wires in there (though less than Bullet it appears) and they're just hanging everywhere....sometimes wires even get caught in my fan....I know it's a big :nono: but the fan doesn't spin anymore anyway.

I'm NOT a PC builder though...it's just that 99% of the people I know are complete idiots when it comes to computers so I'm the only one that can do it.

hehe as for my system....it's a completely crappy system that works wonders...I've got a 1.4ghz processor...a generic MoBo...VERY generic pc2100 DDR ram (512mb), 160GB HD space, cheap 32x burner and 16x dvd rom with exactly ONE 120mm fan in the side of the case (that doesn't work) an overheating Radeon 9700 Pro AIW and wires going EVERYWHERE inside and out....and it works GORGEOUSLY! I haven't had problems with ONE GAME (actually I have with just one game) running gorgeously and I can run nearly every program I want at once with no lagtime...

I love my system.

though I really want to get a new one but I can't afford to buy a whole new one and my components aren't good enough to slowly upgrade...I MIGHT get a new mobo and start from there...but dunno.

(edited)

the pictures were taken about a year ago and pretty much every part on the insides have changed.

But thats kinda what they look like now.

Green one is mine and the other is my brothers

My wiring was teh suc back then

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Good LCD shot

http://studentweb.eku.edu/preston_combs30/.../output/023.jpg

Edited by Birdman

nice use of color birdman, and nice window mod. ( i assume you did it, looks that way which is a good thing :P or the rubber molding looks good)

That lcd display in the window is sweet man, where ya get it ? me wants one.

Edited by All Kill3r