Case modding

Crowbar

Thx man

yeah i put the window in.

I like the way the molding looks a lot better than some of the premod windows.

Although both ways are pretty nice.

I got the LCD screen from a place called matrix orbital

Both screens in those case are connected via a serial port which kinda sux cause id like to disable the ports along with the other old legacy ports and gain some performance.

They are coming out with a 4 line USB version of my screen really soon. Right now they only have a 2 line usb version. If you dont mind serial though i the screen is great.

Heres a link.

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/product...=1&ProductID=78

60 bucks right now.

Im thinking mine was a little cheaper but thats still a good price.

It doesnt come with a complete package though.

Thats just the bare screen i think.

U may like the usb two line version better as it comes with everything you need, or wait on the 4 line usb version that will come with everything you need.

http://www.matrixorbital.com/pages/product...cts.asp?CatID=5

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Crowbar i can recomend the X sonic case u metioned.

I think it rocks.

A buddy of mine got it for christmas and it keeps his overclocked AMD 2500+ @ 3200+ nice and cool.

Heres some pics.

sambo2.JPG

sambo4.JPG

That case has an awsome looking front.

Newegg has it for cheap too

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....y=BROWSE&depa=1

Edited by Birdman

I just found out my friend who is building a PC for someone else just got this for free from newegg...he ordered a totally different case and that and all the parts are still in transit...but this morning UPS delivered the X-Dreamer II to him and after he called Newegg they basically said "oops...keep it"

so now he might sell it to me for like $30...better airflow for me...YAY!

as for that case you posted last Bird...I REALLY like the Silver/Orange/Red theme...you see way too much Blue and Green and Black and Red...but the Silver/Orange is nice lookin

Sweet case man.

I have a silver one a lil like that one.

Its the exact same on the inside as that one but the front is a lil different.

The only thing bad about mine is the powersupply that came with it was DOA.

Nice case though

bl00 is always nice

cant believe newegg would do that though.

They hardly ever make a mistake that ive ever heard of.

(edited)

Awsome thats the power supply my brother has in his full tower.

Its been running about a year and works fine.

I had to replace the DOA one with a PC Power & Cooling 350 watter and was very pleased.

Edited by Birdman

Ok I did some tweaking today and came up with this. In a couple of days my 4 red UV Fans and red LED lazer light should be at my door.

DSCN0443.JPG

DSCN0447.JPG

I had to turn off my Flash so you could see the lighting effects so it's a little blury.

Once I get my fans i'll also get some cable ties and sticky thingys so then all the red electrical tape will be gone.

DSCN0451.JPG

DSCN0455.JPG

DSCN0457.JPG

For some reason I can't get a good pic with the lights out <_<

Not much has really changed in the case that you can see, but I put back in my floppy drive that I never use and I got those sweet UV fans in now.

It looks better in person ill tell ya that. :D

Edited by bullet-401

wow, these guys are good!

102-1.jpg

102-0.jpg

UV reactive wire covers.

101-1.jpg

101-0.jpg

yes...that's a computer....

95-0.jpg

nice clean looking case

94-0.jpg

94-1.jpg

holy shizzle that looks cool! Fast too, according to the specs. I hear acrylic cases get really hot though.

93-0.jpg

that's an interesting one...his first mod, he says.

92-0.jpg

92-1.jpg

92-1.jpg

WOW, I like that one. said he sold it for $1000.

90-0.jpg

90-1.jpg

:=:o:D

86-1.jpg

86-0.jpg

what the artist says: "Case MOD Name: "The Fragmatatron" Design Concept Info: The "Fragmatatron" design was based on my vision of an old Victorian / Early Industrial piece of electronics. Think Jules Vern's "Time Machine" for the feel I was going for. This felt right for my first case mod since it fell right in with what the early innovators in electronics would be creating. The design concept was originally created in Photoshop using product shots of the Antec case and then modified on the fly to match what was possible with the real case. This is Stage 1 of the modification. The next stage will involve the addition of a side cut for an old brass fan and pulley system for driving it. Also the addition of a Skeleton Key on a chain used to turn the system on is in the works."

81-0.jpg

81-1.jpg

now THAT case should be called the LANboy!

80-0.jpg

hot

77-1.jpg

Mantis, this is not.

75-0.jpg

75-1.jpg

....how?

74-1.jpg

somewhere at a friend's house is a Gateway that is this big, I'm going to take it now.

73-1.jpg

nice wires!

72-0.jpg

72-0.jpg

72-1.jpg

if he could get those CDROM drives the right color, that looks pretty sweet.

that one briefcase computer...I always thought it would be awesome to make a briefcase pc and have an LCD monitor in the top so that you open it up, pull out your wireless keyboard and mouse and plug in one plug to the wall...

now THAT would be a lanboy

:D

I thought we were only posting pics of our own mods.

But since it doesnt look that way Im gonna have to declare that the mod that Bit-Tech hosted is better than any mod to date.

http://www.bit-tech.net/article/118/14

its a mod that is covered in 3 articles and if you say there is a better setup than that i wanna see it

Edited by Birdman

rofl that machine birdman posted looks a hottrod. We could start our own spin-off of american chopper. American Computers. We can chrome them up, put small tires on the bottem. Even hook it to a remote control and make it move. LOL.

The breifcase is by far the best one. I mean its the cheapest and it looks to be the most convient/effecient for the price.

yeah Birdman, the thread was originally intended as a showcase for community-made hack jobs, but I wanted to see what else was out there, and I thought you all might like it too, it seems I was right.

Is there enough of an interest in PC modding to justify soliciting our own forum topic heading? How many of you would participate in a PC modding thread?