• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

pfft...I think we're ALL interested

heck...ask him if he'll donate one to FF04

:P

*edit*

I've got a new mobo and possibly fried processor (all I know is the computer it was in randomly rebooted and locked up and the ONLY thing that wasn't ever changed out was the processor) and was going to put at least the mobo in my current case...but this thread makes me want to start from scratch and see how cool of a PC I can make for CHEAP!

so...anyone got any suggestions? I'll need a new case, good fans, and maybe a new processor (I don't want to stay with my 1.4ghz)...link me up.

by the way...I'm talking $200 MAX for the new items...but I'd LOVE to keep it even lower...

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

Right so here is what I got right now but It needs alot of work.

Even with all the lights on all the pictures are really dark, but with the fash you can't see anything so....

Case

Front

Side

Side with flash

*Edit the only link that works right now is "Front"

Edit again* AHHHHHHHHHH ok I need somewhere else to host my pictures for free. Ever since you-are-a-huge-nerd.com when down I haven't had any luck with finding a free pic hosting place. :bang::yuck:

Edited by Slaphappy

Oh its backwards alright.

But it's upside down so that it cools better(BTX and old AT style)

That way your video cards are right side up.

And the hottest component is in the right spot.

The bottom on the way out.

The air going to the processor isnt heated up by the video card and other components(the way BTX is gonna be).

Nah

Note the fan directly behinde the CPU.

And with the GPU's on video cards being upright they will cool much better than in the past.

The bottom may get a little hot, but nothing is hardly on the bottom of most cards unless you have tons of ram.

That system in the pic would overclock way better than an ATX setup that wasnt running flip mode.

ahah

"So are you saying that BTX cases are gonna open on the other side, like in the pic? Chaos! "

n3g

but he couldnt make his own pcb(btx formfactor) to make it cool better.

BTX will be on the correct side.

But if you have an ATX case and mobo then you have to flip it and do custom work on the case.

Like that guy did^

so Face, find anything else out about those LCD's?

what's the cheapest good quality one he can get? I'm one of those guys who thinks middle quality is perfectly fine (that's why I run my games in 1024 with no AA or AF)