Btw..

Watchtower

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well seeing that the only slavery is now in oppressive cultures like the Sudan, there isn't really much point to this line of questioning. Slavery in our culture is undoubtedly wrong, as was stated previously, slavery was a way of life and often a chosen way of life to pay back debts, live in a wealthy home ect. I personally have never owned a slave or been owned by anyone (shut up) so there isn't much wieght to any argument I have one way or the other.

The best thing on this subject was stated above : The Bible just tells people in whatever situation they found themselves in how to serve and please God.

Ok I think you are confusing the terms "Indentured Servant" and "Slave".. Show me something to where most slavery was voluntary.. I can't see many people giving their rights up just to live in a nice house.. I've never had it portrayed like that.. Show me something.. Now I could see that was widespread as it was, that some cultures just accepted it as a way of life.. But that's still not saying that is what they wanted..

there isn't really much point to this line of questioning. Slavery in our culture is undoubtedly wrong, as was stated previously, slavery was a way of life and often a chosen way of life to pay back debts, live in a wealthy home ect.

Well the relevance is that what we find acceptable today, we could realize tomorrow how wrong we were..