Trop

Dennis

Ok we gotta really do something here. I still see the numbers in teh server dropping. I still see maps to be voted on that clear the server, and then scoutz and knives. Until we get the numbers back up i think that we should stick to a normal map rotation. I know some of you get sick of the same maps but those maps are what keep servers full. I just thought i would say something and was woundering of others too.

I have added all normal maps back into the votebin. What maps are killing the server? Are you speaking during primetime? I believe that's the only time there are any 3rd parties left....

I saw a good game going on cpl_mill the other day

I see it full on aztec3 when it's on.

Are we mistaking this for the general decline in CS? Sure, we could go 24/7 DAD and stay full all day long....is that where we want to be? More input is needed...I don't play enough CS lately to know what's up...but I'll make whatever adjustments that the majority of CSers see fit.

Here's the list of maps during primetime....you tell me what to take out.

as_oilrig

cs_estate

de_airstrip

de_chateau

de_cbble

de_nuke

de_piranesi

de_prodigy

de_storm

de_survivor

de_torn

de_vertigo

de_aztec3

cs_l337_assault

de_cpl_mill

de_cpl_fire

de_aztec

de_dust2

de_dust

(edited)

better yet ill make the list of what to i think a good rotation could be. Then while an admin is on he could throw up a vote for a map not on the rotation. also if you want you could try putting in like the ak/m4 aim map. just an idea to see how the server will hold up with people on that kind of a rotation.

de_dust

de_dust2

de_aztec

de_prodigy

de_cpl_mill

de_nuke

de_cbble

de_inferno

also do u think we should adress this iwth the rest of the community and see how they respond if we ask them if they would like a rotation like that?

Edited by Dennis

i like the chioces that dennis put up, but i would like to add 3 to that...

cs_office

cs_italy

de_aztec3

about scoutz...i personally like the map, and its a good oppertunity to have some fun, turn on alltalk, and kick it....same with helms_deep. that should be added too.

and keep:

de_piranesi

both cpl maps

and throw away:

de_dust

see my only thing with all those maps is people have to dl them or people just dont like them. What im saying is stick to a simple map rotation and then slowley as the server is populated more and more start to add back in the other maps. Im not saying stick to the maps i said all the time but just to get things going again. As always an admin can throw a vote up for a map not in the rotation.

I would like to see more input too but im starting to see less gc members playing CS.

You're seeing less people play CS in general. It's not the maps, it's the total number of CS players.

We've done the slowly thing. If Trop isn't populated, it's not got no more to do with the map cycle than it does the decline in CS. Once again, we visit the big question: Is the ultimate goal a completely full server all the time? If so, let's set the cycle to DAD and be done with it. You would then have a full server of people.

Like I've said, and please believe me.....we're proven in the "population" game....

The decline will level off...I expect that we're already seeing it....and then, after a month or maybe several, you'll see some return.

We just gotta decide what's more important....because the DAD doesn't bring you quality play, that much is proven.

Also, a note on .gc.....gc has been created to embrace multiple games. If we need more .gc in CS, then we should recruit them. Therein would lie my only motivation for going DAD-like.....cause a full server increases the need for a reserve to play on Trop.

Well, it IS 9:00 PM and there's 6/20 in the server right now....that's pretty sad.

I'm all up for trying something because at least someone wants to be proactive about it and see if we can change things. Let's give

de_dust

cs_office

de_aztec

de_nuke

de_dust2

cs_italy

de_cbble

de_inferno

a run and see if we notice a change....this is somewhat of a comprimise between the two suggestions.

Maybe it's cause we took Mmmm off the server!

Or maybe it's because the same 3 maps seemed to get played over & over & over & over..............(you get the point). And they are Dust2, Aztec, & Dust.

Noone seems willing to give new maps a try. And why should they, we've got their Top 3 on all the time. And noone wants to take the time to learn new maps. They've got their special spots on said 3 maps. IE: Campin, Spammin' and so on. And add to that, half of them are stat whores. And not interested in doing the objective.

As far as I'm concerned, the skill level has gone down hill on CS.

And should you change it to a new map. The cryin' & wailin' starts. You killed the server. Change it to dus2 or aztec.

Lunk steps off his soapbox.

most players now a days like to stick to playing maps that r in league play and r common. more and more people r playing in clans and just wanna play those maps. i dont like to see a server start to die so thats y i brought this topic up.

Hmmm I have to agree with all parties on this one. I do believe that we'd have a full server running d2/dust/aztec all day but that is only if we want mass clientelle and not much more. IMO the reason for the drop off in population and drop off in game play quality is the movement of regulars from the server. Most of the community clans came to trop to play with the Mmmm guyz and other clans but lately other games have been taking cs' spot. Also, clans like MwR and TFR, who are soley cs clans have recently gotten cs servers so that differs even more local traffic. If we wanna bring back all the regs we're gonna have to put the effort back into cs. The online gaming world is changing very rapidly and cs is losing its supremecy. A few season ago CAL only offered DOD and CS, no they have COD, halo etc.

Also, clans like MwR and TFR, who are soley cs clans have recently gotten cs servers so that differs even  more local traffic.

I don't know about TFR, what's their server IP?

As far as MwR, I see nothing happening on their server.