How are you sure....

Watchtower

i think that the protestant and catholic belief systems circle around the same book.

JWs have modified the bible and no longer use the same one as the "chrisitan" church.

Mormons only use the King James version, and use their other scripture more than the bible

Order of importance according to Mormons:

1: Peal of Great Price(written by Young)

2: Articles of Faith(also by young)

3: Doctrine and Covenants(written mostly by Young and Smith, though every head leader of their church writes more....)

4 Book of Mormon(translated from golden tablets by Smith)

5 Bible("so far as its correctly translated"-actual statement from Doctrine and Covenants)

7th Day adventists are cooky and dont use the same translation(i believe) as the Christian church

^^^^^^^^cults^^^^^^^^

Pentacostal, baptist, lutheren, Vineyard, Assemblies of God, Church of God, Eastern Orthadox, and too many more <_< , use the bible. These are just denominations of the same church. Yes there are differences. Some hold to tradition more than others. Some say its wrong to speak in tounges, others say its just fine, others say you have to. There are extremist groups in every organized anything.... Doesnt mean in the core they dont believe the same thing. These last few lsitings beleive Jesus is the the living Son of God, who died and rose again after bearing the weight of all the sins of the world. They believe He is coming back and will judge the world according to this truth. They believe different things about faith and works, but all believe and teach that God is, and was, and will be the only thing that saves us.

Praise God that he has instilled in all the people of this world that different aspect of himself that makes us different, yet so similar! We fight because we all see things differently and all sin. But in the end, we will all bow down and praise His name, because of who He Is! It wont matter then who knows why He does some of the thing He does, and why we do some of the things we do.

1 John 4:19: We love because He first loved us

Amen

jane

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were saying that the only differences in the different Christian denominations was how much money they ask for.. Not true at all.. My point was to think about how much different all those other faiths are and wether you agree with them or not. Most will not even know what the other faiths entail because you will be mostly concerned with your own.. I don't know.

You were saying that the only differences in the different Christian denominations was how much money they ask for.. Not true at all.. My point was to think about how much different all those other faiths are and wether you agree with them or not. Most will not even know what the other faiths entail because you will be mostly concerned with your own.. I don't know.

wow....miss the "example" much?

I wasn't saying that was the only difference.

however you keep saying "Christian denominations" and including people that don't even follow Christ...that's why you're confusing me.

a Christian is one who follows Christ and his teachings...not just someone who believes in the God of the Bible...

:unsure:

Just a side note, Jesus came to unify the believers and to send them out to accomplish a single goal (salvation for all men). Even the word "denomination" goes against everything the Bible, Jesus and true Christianity stand for. Ask your pastor about it ;)

Even the word "denomination" goes against everything the Bible, Jesus and true Christianity stand for. Ask your pastor about it ;)

So what does that mean exactly? There aren't really different "denominations"?

Playaa, my comment may have been a bit offbase. I think I was talking about all Bible based religions.. Just they way they all use the same book differently. Even "christians" can believe radically different and still be right with themselves. The same reason you consider yourself a "jesus-ite" right?

wait, now I'm confused :)^_^