Video Card Problem

Dennis

Ok so i got a geforce fx5950 256mb. well i put it in made sure i had the latest drivers and well heres the thing my fps goes between 60-200. i have no idea why this is going on, cuz i know i should have a solid fps with this card.

Comp specs are:

P4 1.8ghz

512 mb ram

please someone help me.

heh yea Dell arent all that bad, you just have a bunch of dell crap on your computer and you paid alot more. I had to replace the cpu in a dell today. It was packing a 2.8 hyperthreading p4. Did you guys know they dont even have fans on their heatsinks?

do a format.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

hey hey hey, listen i have some inciteful news this time.

ok, listen....and listen closely.

I bought a radeon 9500 pro a while back and the thing didnt wanna work correctly...my geforce mx 440 4x was getting better fps at CS then this card. So...i went and reformatted, bought new mobo and everything...only thing i didnt get was ram and a proc. Well finally i asked my dad for some ram and a proc. Well to make a story shorter...you probably need better ram. Proc will help, but...not much...in your case buy the ram and proc. that way you can have faster stuff at the same time. Ram is the biggy here tho.

Homer,Feb 18 2004, 06:06 PM] Inferno,

So if, in order to speed up my Honda Civic Si, I should take off the gas cap, get rid of the Civic, and then screw it back onto an Acura NSX and it will go faster?

:rolleyes:

Rofl!!!! Don't worry I didn't understand his post either.

Homer,Feb 18 2004, 06:06 PM] Inferno,

So if, in order to speed up my Honda Civic Si, I should take off the gas cap, get rid of the Civic, and then screw it back onto an Acura NSX and it will go faster?

:rolleyes:

Rofl!!!! Don't worry I didn't understand his post either.

Basicly what he is saying is buying a new CPU and ram is like buying a new car, but using the old gas cap.... Honestly though... Its more like... Buying a new engine and fuel pump for car.... :freak:

Edited by Xoul

Can I argue yet why CS doesn't hit 200 FPS plz?

But on the subject at hand, Don't know why ur getting 60 FPS but it could be cause of drivers or backround programs running. Try disabling some of them. I have a XP1800+, 512 ram, and the same video card as your old one, TI 4600. Steady 100fps is immpossible with it unless no people in game. You should see me on aztec in a match :x. I also think its cause these new cards aren't really made for a game 4 yrs old. If your upgrading ur computer just for cs then it isn't worth it. If you bought your card for a game like Farcry then I give u 2 thumbs up :) .

"I also think its cause these new cards aren't really made for a game 4 yrs old."

They should be. That's what AA and AF are for. Old games can look good too. Im not gonna say CS looks as good as Farcry, but @1600x1200 with 4xAA and 16AF it doesnt look bad.

"Ok so i got a geforce fx5950 256mb. well i put it in made sure i had the latest drivers and well heres the thing my fps goes between 60-200. "

What resolution are you running at?

do you have AA and AF on or off?

Your processor is a little slow so if your computer is slowing down in CS that would be my concern. Not the sweet video card you have.

Try that video card in another system with a faster processor and I bet itll make you shed a tear.

I had a dell, still do its sitting here colecting dust, i bought a 9700 pro foor it about a year ago, the 9700 pro got a 3dmark score of 9,500 points or so.. well then i built my first computer a xp1700 and an asus aznax mobo with 512 corrsair xms3200LL and my very same 9700 pro now benched 3dmark 2001 at 15,000, and the same 9700 pro is in my intel comp now that benches over 19,000 3dmark 2001 so i bet you just need to drop the dell and get a real computer. My dell is a p4@2.0 with 768 of pc2100 and its for sale. first 300$ takes it.

Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guest Inferno
Guests

wow homer you want me to stfu in the other post then you come out and make me look like a jack arse...then CKY hits one off on me...well thanks...

All i said was get more ram or a faster speed of ram...but you know what do what you want if u wanna be dumb and switch gas caps, which makes no sense....stop smokeing crak, go ahead.

Cky your dumb no one likes you, ive said this before, now go jump off a bridge.

Homer...uh really was that necessary? seriously...jesus christ all i said was get more ram...when did i say one thing about gas caps or floppy drives.

Lastly if anyone wants to start trouble here with me, bring it, ill settle it in the CS ring against anyone here 1 on 1.

knowing this is gonna be deleted...Homer go marry CKY, you both wil lmake a happy couple. Im done helping anyone in the community with PC problems if they have any or putting in my 2 good cents, unlike CKY 50 non good cents and homers 3 cents, 2 bad 1 good cents.

Cky your dumb no one likes you, ive said this before, now go jump off a bridge.

Lastly if anyone wants to start trouble here with me, bring it, ill settle it in the CS ring against anyone here 1 on 1.

knowing this is gonna be deleted...Homer go marry CKY, you both wil lmake a happy couple. Im done helping anyone in the community with PC problems if they have any or putting in my 2 good cents, unlike CKY 50 non good cents and homers 3 cents, 2 bad 1 good cents.

I have three things to say.

1.) No I will not go jump off a bridge and lets take a poll on that.

2.) Ha, what a joke.

3.) I wouldn't be surprised if Homer didn't help you ever when you needed it.