Lineage II

Crowbar

Lineage II is now in beta. Open beta, I believe. I got invited to the closed beta, but due to not having the computer running, I haven't been able to get it until now. I'm currently downloading the 1.1 gigabyte full beta.

The homepage is here if you want to take a look at it.

The game is claiming it's better than the rest of he MMORPG's based on it's siege system. From what I've read (not much) there are a lot of "epic" battles surrounding sieging castles, and defending your castle. Also, there's supposedly the option of acsending high enough to actually become king of this world. Read a little about it on the main page. It sounds good. Probably won't pay for it, but it sounds good.

Looks good too. Have a gander at these shots.

screen_l2_4.jpg

screen_l2_3.jpg

screen_l2_2.jpg

screen_l2_5.jpg

screen_l2_6.jpg

B)

yeah, it's still in closed beta, open starts end of March.

It's pretty fun. Takes a long arse time to get any money though. At level 8 monsters are dropping 50-100 gold and a decent sword from a merchant in town costs 60,000. So yeah...LOOONNNNGGG way to go for me. Specially since I just died and dropped my brand new shield I spent 3k on. Then the game crashed. Bastards.

• 3 weeks later...

wow I r UNIMPRESSED with their site at least. grr... After 500 tries got the download to start and now it's transferring at 19kb/sex - 17 hr download. This is such garbage... If anyone has this available on an ftp server, I would appreciate it. Cya

their open Beta got owned.

They started open beta with 3...COUNT EM 3 servers.

Each designed to hold 5-6k people.

As soon as open beta started....Each server had about 50k people logged on.

The overexceeding amount of requests, cause all 3 servers to crash and their website to go down.

I havnt gotten any reports on how fun it is because its so laggy its unplayable.

You have ot click the login button consecutively for 45 minutes to login.

Laff, i hope blizzard knows what to do with Warcraft better than these guys.

There were no real problems in closed beta, at least the last phaze that I was a part of. No lag, server worked fine (only 1 for beta). The big draw of the open beta was the promise of all kinds of prizes. There are prizes for clans, various accomplishments, and the first player to reach level 40 will receive a brand new Alienware system. So apparently their plan to lure players worked a lot better than they had hoped.

The game is alot of fun, I play on kain server and am currently a level 19 fighter. This is the first game of this type I have played, and I'm really enjoying it. The only thing I don't like is how long every thing takes. Oh well I'll probably keep playing!

L2 is the slowest mmorpg to level in. It takes an insane amount of time to level up to 60 in it. I had a lvl 40 dark elf assassin in Korean Beta. It's a pretty good game but at that time the siege element wasn't set up. I'm not quite sure I like the pvp set up in the game either.