What kinda temps you running at

Slaphappy

So I've been putting together a new case for my comp....and a new heatsink etc. I've done some simple OC before with my CPU but I just recently got a Bartron 2400+ and I got a new Heatsink for it a DP-102 limited editon

I also got a fan controler that monitors my cpu temp (though the sensor on my mobo seems to dang near dead on)

Now I know more or less whats to hot and what I want my processer to run at but I really don't have any basis for comparison

So what I want from you. What kind of processer do you have what kind of heatsink, termal paste, and what kinda temps are you getting. Idle and load. And any other info you what to throw in. ex. case has no fans or case is well venlated, or i keep my computer in my fridge.

As for me. Bartron 2400+ (2.1 ghz) Heatsink DP-102 limited editon. Artic silver 5,

Idle I'm gettting 40C....

Stress (good 25 min of Unreal) 43.7C

Edited by Slaphappy

Those are right in line for XP chips, you could go up 5c or so O/C'g without worrying. You'll see guys post about how their OC'd Barton2500 @ 3200+ and how it runs at 32c, but I think they are lying, doing something wrong to measure temps, or have it hooked up to their AC system running at 500cfm.

My Athlon64 3000 ran at 37c idle/40 load initially overclocked or not, and then I added the 2 Raptors (for a total of 4 HDs now) and it now it runs 39c idle/43c load. Athlon64's run cooler than XP chips however.

wow so I opend the window in my room (my room is normaly really freaken hot cuz it so tiny.) so now my room is about 69 F

My cpu is now idleing at 34 C wow.

HA!

actually when my roomate keeps the house colder than I want, I just leave my bedroom door closed and my computer on to heat the room

:D

and Batman...I'd say yes...going too much over 50c isn't gonna be a good thing

liez

hehe

my shuttle ran at 54C for 3 weeks with no problems.

it had a 2500+ mobile in it that was overclocked.

my 2000+ overclocked can run as hot as 52C depending on room temps.

my bro's 2500+@2.2Ghz runs at 50C under load in a hot room without problems.

If it isnt locking up and you dont smell human flesh burning I wouldn't worry about it.

Especially if you run your processor at default voltages.