CoD mod to try?

Playaa

VS-UK TotalWar

it's a "realism" mod that isn't like other realism mods...it doesn't make it harder to live or make you move slower like most...it makes war realistic

like on particular maps the American paratroopers don't just spawn at the spawn point...they parachute in...

you need to worry about mortars on EVERY map...

is class based (engineer, grunt, sniper, medic, etc.)...i.e. only an engineer can defuse the bomb on SD maps...so keep him alive

has bleeding...so you can bleed to death or a medic can heal you

capability to say shoot an enemy's helmet off his head or his gun out of his hand...

and the absolute best part

it's ALL server side and completely customizable...no client download whatsoever and any part you don't like (i.e. shooting helmets, mortars) can be turned off in the configs

it's been getting rave reviews...I say we give it a try no?

mind explaining more about Revolt?

I mean I enjoy CoD but I play CS more...but I want to get the community more involved in CoD....maybe taking it away from the WWII aspect will do that?

well I've only played TDM with it so far...and I like the structure of it...but I'm not a fan of TDM at all...and the maps DEFINATLY don't do well with TDM from what I've seen...it reminds me of an old Quake 3 mod that was supposed to be so good but really fell short

do you guys play on any SD Revolt servers?

no offense...but the DLM/DOH server has WAAAAY to many people on it...

and are there no options for other game types like Search and Destroy with Revolt? cause I'm not a fan of Team Deathmatch

(edited)

yeah. there are, I'm not sure of how to switch it away from TDm.... it does on its own. m0m has it runnin on some random thingy where the next map may be TDM or it may be SD.

the thing i find most annoying with the TDM is theres always that one guy who refuses to stop camping... then I have to ALT-ENTER out of the game and kick him... causing me to spawn in late next round.

69.61.56.26:28960 I think we're still running smaller games on the Atlanta box if you want to try and populate that one.

I'll see if we can get SD running exclusively on that one.

*EDIT* Kurtz beat me to it, I think Atlanta is already running SD 24/7

Edited by LongHair

i LOVE the Revolt mod, the maps are decent but could be much better, but the more you play on them the better they get. I saw pselus.gc in DOH/DLM server but you wouldnt say hi to me. <_<

And really its not that many people, you have to remeber its not a game that you just rush in and spray peoples faces off, you have to be patient and acually take ur time aiming (most of the time)

;)

I never saw you there Bugs...sorry man...

and Counter-Strike has ruined me for games...I can't stand non team games now and playing on the DLM/DOH server everyone WAS just running around shooting...(no offense to the server)...but I have been playing on a different server that is alot smaller (usually about 5v5) but it doesn't drop weapons on death which is one thing I don't like

Hrmm... seems like there's enuf interest. I can covert this server to Revolt if there's enuf demand.

I've been busy as heck the past few weeks so I haven't had a chance to keep track of how our server is doing. Seems to be full of TDMers all the time though.