A little experiment..

not every homosexual has had an absent father or shown luv in a different way, i know my fact my dad was ALWAYS aroudn, maybe even a little 2 much. you cant make generalizations about home life and how people were raise when u see 2 people with totally different backgroudn both grow up 2 be lame. now one thing i DO agree with is how ur background will affect how ur portray ur sexuality. IE if u grow up in a family who values the arts and more "femine" (i use this term lightly) you have a chance to become more fem, but also not be ashamed of sexuality because the artyz stuff taught u 2 express urself, in contrast familys like mine where self-expression was not encouraged and being "normal" was the more important thing, i grew up being ashamed of who i was

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait...so I can't generalize that homosexuality is not born into a person but it's ok for you guys to generalize that it is?

like I said in Spirituality. God allows me to struggle with lust, I was born that way...he views it as just as much of a sin...so to me...I don't really care whether homosexuality is born into someone or if it's "learned"...it's all the same in God's eyes.

since Adam and Eve humans are BORN evil...we are born knowing how to sin against God and we learn new ways to sin as we grow...overcoming that sin is the key

wait...so I can't generalize that homosexuality is not born into a person but it's ok for you guys to generalize that it is?

It's the fact that it is Possible.

homosexuality as well as Heterosexuality is not just about lust as some would like to think. Loving, meaningful relationships. period point blank :)

so you don't think two heterosexuals can have a loving relationship and dissatisfy God?

because I know a few people personally that I know God didn't want them married or in a relationship...yet to the rest of the world it's "loving and meaningful"

How can you claim to know what God wants? Maybe GOd did that to prove a point. Maybe God is so far above all this that he doesn't deal in "wants" and "needs". I always thought to humanize a God that could have created and ruled a world like this is pretty much an inult of his intelligence and magnitude.. Hence Hinduism, Buddhism, and Pantheism.. dunno.

b.t.w, I didn't say anything about All relationships being loving and productive or however you want to categorize them.. It's just the possibility and reality of this being right for the individuals involved..

B.t.w.w :)

I just bought a 55gallon fishtank from a 50something year old lesbian couple. They seemed pretty content. And I don't know how I could consider them "slaves to their passions" or however you think about that.. :) They gave me a great deal by the way. :)

How can you claim to know what God wants?  Maybe GOd did that to prove a point.  Maybe God is so far above all this that he doesn't deal in "wants" and "needs".  I always thought to humanize a God that could have created and ruled a world like this is pretty much an inult of his intelligence and magnitude..  Hence Hinduism, Buddhism, and Pantheism..  dunno.

I can claim to know what God wants because He sent His Son to die for me and He sent His Holy Spirit to be with me always, guiding me helping me. Also, God is not a distant God. He is close and relational. He wants to speak and be with us on a one-on-one basis.

As for "humaniz[ing] a God that could have created and ruled a world like this"...God did not create the world like this. He made it a paradise and gave it to man. Man gave it over to the dominion of Satan and since that moment, death and decay has set it. Why doesn't God just take it back and "clean" it? That was what He intended with the flood but because of His great compassion, He saved Noah and his family and promised never to destroy the world by flood again. Next time it will be a cleansing fire.

Well this really should have had nothing to do with religion but... I was looking for personal experiences ie; family members, long term relationships, personally knowing someone who is lame as opposed to those who don't really understand but go on what they've been told or taught.

(edited)

first of all i dont have to jump off a bridge to understand it will most liekly hurt when i hit the bottom.

second I did know someone who was lame. He died. Of AIDS. And he died a christian, reformed from his beliefs in his homosexuality. He lived the lame lifestyle, from one end of the spectrum(rampant sex) to the other("life" partner). And he contracted AIDS. He changed his life, because he realized that life gives you justice, if you wont give it to yourself. He needed saving from his sin and found that Jesus had been waiting all along. He gave up the homosexual lifestyle and married a strong woman of God who helped him live the next 10 years of his life in peace and love with God. He died about 6 years ago.

*edit*

thirdly, it has every thing to do with "religion" or a moral code or a system of rules, since that is how man has always chosen to rules himself. Man needs rules and regualtion. The unruly last for very short periods of history. Even buddhism has rules. Why limit religions to a thoughtless bigotry when we humans have had rules and faith and laws since (and most likely before) recorded history?

Edited by jane

The "laws" of the religions tell us the same things? I think not. There are ones that teach you to search, and there are ones that tell you how it is. But that is beside the point. Thank you for your input. And I am truely sorry for your friend. But AIDS is Not a homosexual disease. Pat Robertson wants us to believe it is. He also wants us to believe the other natural disasters are signs and or punishment from God. Anyhow.. POst up if you know someone well who is lame.

if anyone believes that AIDS is a curse on homosexuals, they are probably wrong. I cant say, because God didnt tell anyone it was, or wasnt. But I cant see him singling out a certain type of people like that and allowing the said curse to fall to other people....God is loving and just. He seeks out mens souls and hearts, not their damnation. He punishes because it is just to punish those who refuse his love. AIDS may be a punishment, but its for all mankind, not homosexuals. :peace:

That's a better answer. I still dont like how innocent people and children suffer tremendously wether believing in Jesus Christ or not. I've seen a Very religious family get Ripped apart. Needless to say, the father who was a minister has lost his faith. He watched his son get hit and killed by a drunk driver while following behind him in a car. It was all downhill from there basically. It's Real easy to believe while everything is going good in your life..