Shadow people

Anyone ever hear of, shadow people? My girlfriends dad thinks he saw some one time. He said he was driving along after a bad thunder storm and saw them crawling around, on the street. He said they were the size of a person, dark greyish, and had black eyes. He seems to think they are "demons" or "ghosts". What do you guys think?

Hmm, I tend not to believe in the supernatural. Although I have a pretty credible friend say he saw a "little girl" on some stairs.. Then she was gone. But I still don't believe him :) I know if I saw Anything I couldn't explain like that, you couldn't get me to shut up about it. Seriously, Everyone would believe me. I don't think you'd ever be the same..

I don't think you'd ever be the same..

unless you already believed in them.

I personally do believe in the supernatural and have spoken with people whom I fully believe that have spent quite a bit of time dealing with the paranormal in thier lives (one old british man comes to mind who I can't remember the name of, he used to be involved in sayances (sp?) before he believed in God and the sayances actually made him believe in God and now he says those things were demons)

anyway...yeah I believe in the paranormal and I believe they are demons (and sometimes angels)...if Satan's point really is to keep as many people as he can from believing in God then "ghosts" would be a great idea...because for every person you can convince that ghosts exist that's one more person who believes in something that is contradictory to the Bible (i.e. heaven/hell)

I don't think you'd ever be the same..

unless you already believed in them.

Ok so Playaa, if a ghost of a little girl appeared behind you in your computer chair and put her hand on your shoulder, you wouldn't crap your pants? Even though you "believe"?

And I'm not exactly sure on this, but isn't it bad for a "Christian" to believe in this sort of stuff? Here, I found my link.. Bible Study, Occult...

Yeah I don't know. Not good for a Christian apparently.

sometimes i wonder about this...i personally have never seen a ghost, but sometimes out of the corner of my eye i think i'll see something and turn and its not there...i believe thats called your 6th sense.

Or "paranoia" ;) Just like those voices you hear sometimes.. hehe :hug:

oh heck no man. I guess I misunderstood...if that ever happened to me I WOULD crap my pants.

as for "bad for a Christian to believe"...I already said I don't believe in ghosts, I believe in demons acting as ghosts

Oh. Hmm. And the purpose of Demons acting as ghosts again is so the Devil prevents people from believing in God? Interesting. I don't think the devil would care so much.. He already has people sinning their whole lives regardless of demons or whatnot.. I bet he feels pretty good about the job he has done so far...

I had a friend who saw a man walk across his computer screen, and he thought he saw me through his window going to the back door (for whatever reason, we never used it). I was sitting in my room and he asked me about it, then I watched him go pale. I asked him what was up and he told me about the man, and I said, so, and he told me he saw the man walk across his whole screen, not just the part where you could see the window's reflection. Creeped him out big time and me small-time (I didn't see it).

And as far as bad, I think the context of that specifically refers to the practice of so-called "black arts". Believing that ghosts exist is one thing. Trying to summon them to do your bidding with seances is another.

heck there are even instances of "spirits" in the Bible...remember when Saul talked to Samuel's spirit?

I too have had second hand creepy stories...my aunt told me once that she woke up at night and saw a man standing over her husbands body at the end of the bed...she couldn't make out his face but she said she was never so scared in her life as when she saw that man...she said she closed her eyes and prayed and felt better and opened her eyes and he was gone...not too long after she found out her husband was cheating on her...she feels like she saw the demon who was involved in her husbands life and tempting him with other women...I don't know about that but I do believe she saw SOMETHING because I saw the terror on her face when she told the story...not just fear but TERROR

Hmm the closest thing I've had I guess was a Very vivid dream..

My 2nd floor bedroom was situated with a window at the foot of my bed. In my dream, for some reason I crawled to the end of my bed and when I looked out the window, there was a man with dark black hair, black clothes and black eyes with no sclera(white part). I could Definitely make out his face and remember exactly what he looked like. I've never been more scared but it was a dream. Freaked me out, I think I yelled while waking up.

If deity Were to communicate with us, I do believe it would be during our dreams..

All I know, is if I saw something not right while fully conscious, I would be wiggin.. i can't imagine the emphasis I would inject into the telling of the story.. They'd think I was insane. Hmm, maybe that's why some people go insane? They can't handle the reality of something like that happening..

well, if we are telling stories....i've got a good one.

before my grandma died, we were very close. i would stay at her house all the time. my grandpa would always be in florida, so grandma and i would share a bed. (i was like 10)

after my grandma died, one night i was laying in bed thinking about her. i swear i could feel her presence...i reached over to the other side of my bed, and it really felt like a dent in the bed...like someone was/had been laying there. i really feel like she was there with me...

well if we're gonna talk dreams...

I had the same reoccuring dream every year on some day in March for as long as I can remember until I was about 13 or 14...

it was about demons and angels actually...except not quite...the demons had the power to turn you into a demon and they would come at night to attack the world...and all the humans would get together because you couldn't be turned into a demon unless you were alone...it was a very freaky dream...I remember running from hordes of demons...and the dream always ended when my parents (who weren't my real life parents) told me to go get my sister one night so we could all sleep in the same room cause it was stoming outside and was scary...and I opened my sisters bedroom door...and saw that she was a demon...then my dream ended every time when the demon rushed at me...

same dream once a year...how's that for freaky?

i wonder what dreams about demons mean...? i had a freaky one about demons....all i can remember are the eyes i saw...and that all my close friends/loved ones were turned into them.

playaa, that doesn't sound like a dream...sounds like a nightmare

just did a quick look up of devil and demons:

Demons: Seeing demons in your dream is a warning against overindulging your baser nature and giving into your lusts, all of which have an adverse effect on your bodily health, as well as your mental health.

Devil: The devil as a symbol represents evil in all its forms. If you dreamed of the devil surrounded by instruments of punishment, or actually punishing you, then the dream is telling you that the time has come to clear your mind and your conscious of the guilty secret you are holding onto. If you successfully fought him off, then you will short circuit those who mean you ill, and if he spoke to you, you are in for great temptations which you will find hard to resist. If you and the devil were friendly, or congenial, then it is time to have a complete medical workup done.

Personally, I never took much stock in "dream interpretation". My dreams are either too chaotic (shifting into something else quickly and often) or so intense (meaning I am drawn into them and it feels like it's real so I wake up feeling like I have been doing stuff all night long) that I usually don't remember more than 5 relative seconds worth after being awake more than 5 minutes or it was just an everyday action thatI just happened to be caught up in.

I dont remember the last time i have had a dream/nightmare. When i was youner i would remember dreams for days in detail. When i went through a lot of rough times growing up i would dream of falling every night almost. Just falling. forever. all night.

I wish I was an artist so i could draw the dude I saw.. Think renaissance, maybe a dark knight or maybe Count Dracula from Bram Stokers.. Beady black eyeballs. Beard and moustache.. Must have been tall enough to reach my 2nd story window.. That was the freaky part, cause all I saw was head and shoulders.. I can conjure him up perfectly.. The only nightmare I can remember having.. I usually dream about silly stuff like riding dirtbikes, hitting ramps and ending up flying over a bunch of trees.. Which is actually kind of scary cause you're like "how am I gonna land this?!" but I always do :) I love dreaming :)