Harry Potter

soul .gc

• 2 weeks later...

I havent read the HP books (couldne make it through the first 5 chapters of book five UGH), but my wife tells me that they pick up, so I might start reading them at some point.

I think reading the book often ruins the movie experience, as it is often difficult to put the pages to the silver screen.

Without even reading the book, I sensed this with this HP movie. I felt like there was NO time taken to develop the characters any further and I felt almost like I had just watched a two hour trailer for the full movie. It was obvious that they could have easily made this a 4 or 5 hour movie and it would have told the story a little better, but that would never be profitable for a production company.

Now, having said that, I REALLY liked this movie. I liked it more than movie one by a little and more than movie two by alot. Very entertaining, and I really wanted to lose myself in the HP world, but it really was a little rushed to do that.

BTW Zeabs, its tough to bash a movie based on how it stacks up to the book, you kinda have to look at them as two seperate things.

I was let down by HP3. I still enjoyed it, just not as much as 1+2. Like goot said, they rushed a lot of it and, IMO, left out some subtle stuff from the book that really needed to be there (i.e., the origin of the title of the Marauder's Map, the significance of the form of Harry's Patronus, etc) to really give the story more depth.

All in all, it was a good movie but I believe it is just a sign of what is to come for the HP movies since the following 2 books are bigger than the 3rd.

Well I can see this whole movie series going down the drain. By the time they're done with the second part of book 4, all of the actors (non-teachers) will be too old to fit their role.

It'll be like the oracle in matrix 3.. it just wont feel right.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

They are playing this at the Drive-In where I live so I will be seeing this Friday night. Looking forward to it. Did not like the 1st one at all. 2nd one was really good. Freaky and what not, I really liked it.

You thought it was good?

It was awful!

I enjoyed the other two, and the books very much. However, this movie was a no go.

Here are some reasons

1) The director tried to turn a childrens book into a dark movie. True the book is darker this time, but not this dark. Trying to turn a childrens book into something evil is no good. Even the stuff that was stupposed to be funny was dark...

2) Dementors dont fly, nor do they shoot around the air like fighter jets after people on broomsticks

3) Wizard or not, you dont survive getting hit by lightning

4) The movie was to rushed. Had i not read the books i wouldnt know what was going on. This is because this book is slightly longer than the other two. Thus, in order to make the movie they needed to fit everything important form the book in. This made it so that EVERY scene had some importance, there was no fun background scenes, just plot related important ones. This is a no go.

5) Dementors arnt fighter jets

6) Harry and Sirrius kinda formed a bond, it wasnt just, one second they were mortal enemies the next they were living with each other. Harry kind of gained a sinking suspicion throughout the book that somethign was amiss with the black story...

7) dementors arnt fighter jets

LOOOOOOOOOOL

man o man .... that was THE funniest thing i have read in awhile. thanks for the laugh zeebs.

Guest Soat
Guest Soat
Guest Soat
Guests

In Zeab's defense over the Children's book thing, they are in the Children's department at our library (and we have a separate Teen section, so it isn't a "Young Adult" book). I know this, because I have to shelve them every week for a dirt paycheck.

Then again, they are on the highest shelf in the Children's department...you have to be at least 5' 5" to even touch the shelf itself, let alone grab a ridiculously thick book off of it.