Lag, Size, popularity and cash...

I'd be willing to lower the server to 18 players to see what's up. We could leave the bots at 18 and see what's up. I just jumped in and everyone's complaining about the lag, and I see it.

What do you guys think? Can we keep her going with 18? It saves a few bucks....

From the beginning I've always said that size doesn't hold to performance....discuss please.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as server goes its fun to play.. i love my fights with After/ubernoob/ and today fought with brillow for first time hella fun ..

heres some questions for ya..

what is proc speed of the server / bandwidth.. it doesnt seem like netlag more of cpu lag to me.. ive ran ut servers and it seems more likely,....because having played... 16 peep is sweet 18 is cool but 20 is laggy .. not totally bad but sometimes the spikes like.. make brillow dissapear from my screen for 20 seconds when im firing my flack at him.. then he ends up behind me or something lol .....

/ dunno if i read it right.. you have bots in game to keep numbers ?

should stop that :P that hickup to add/kick on min player limit is extra cpu work...

maps are aight.. could go for some the diff maps out there.. just as long as its not apocalypse*that map lags everyones machine*

anyways fun gaming with you guys.. and im sorry you had to read my horrible writing :P

ps. if anyone wants to dm sometime wouldnt mind facing ya :)

Welcome to the forums dinner... err... cutelittlerabbit :D

I have been noticing a lot more lag recently. Its worse for me than when I joined. I hate to say it, but to be honest with ya, I probably would have not joined and stopped playing on the server if it was like this when I first started playing here. I dont think it would hurt to try 18 peeps since it does seem to get worse when it is full. Of course, this means it will be harder for me to get in, but may be very well worth it.

yeah I was on last night and my ping would go from 40's to 150's with a full server...no other UT server I played on acts like that.

I definatly say try lowering the number.

I also say just TRY for say 2 weeks to play with no bots and see how the server fills and stays filled...if it's not working (ever) just put the bots back in.

GC Founder

Aftertaste, you shouldn't have a problem getting in if you gave us your UT ID?

Server lowered to 18. If in the end, it's still lagging, we'll find another server provider.

Bots set to 14.

I really don't care if it's full around the clock, but come time for evening gaming, I'd like to have a server of people to play. Bots have proven to make this happen because, as mentioned before, only so many servers fit on your screen on the ingame browser when sorted by playercount.

Granted, the age of the server and the increase of returning clients will help maintain it...which is a big reason to figure out how to make it run w/o lag.

Please report back.

We've been full on almost every map....no one has complained about lagg for the two days I've been hitting it hard...only problem is that without UAMOD...the teams don't balance once the games starts...so you can have as many as 3 or 4 player diff in teams...and boy do they complain.

OH, and the bots are much better...thankyou.

The bots are too hard to kill! They are much better than the players in the server, but roam without any strategy. I hate being in the raptor and then sniped by a tank from across the map while I am zooming along at a full clip. They will also get a deathlock on you with the link gun or turrets. My manta...it is useless against them, useless I say!