Lag, Size, popularity and cash...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent been in for few days cuz school is hammering me right now since im taking 7 hours of math over summer and i got my sis wedding this weekend.. but ...

hahahaha ubernoob :P bots getitng ya down :P

bots shouldnt be higher than player skill so for like ubernoob i guess a good bot level would be begginer :)

ps no lag 18 is all good.. u can add the mod back prolly be ok

maybe utcomp1.3 brightskins onslaught with hit sounds !!!!!!!!!

and voting for deathmatch play every now and again woohooo

roughinery/grend/asbestos!!!!!

tru dat man.. map rotation as well.. need to find some more maps to play maybe swap it up for some double elimination sometimes or some other modes.. just keep things changed up its ok to keep things 90% onslaught sometimes you just need a break..

and with bombing run in ut2k4 its not so abusive like in ut2k3...

now you cant throw ball and instant translocate behind it and self score really... dunno im just a simple cave man lawyer.. :P

btw brillow/uber if u wanna 1v1 sometime pm me or something we can arrange a time or something ..

Yeah it's great to play with no lag now (well, other than the usual ping delay). Was also a pleasant surprise to find Frostbite in the rotation earlier.

And if there are to be any other game modes added, then double domination definately has my vote. I know that 4 player DD on my friend's xbox is hella fun, but with 18 players... :P

played for a bit today:

18 player limit is cold im pinging freaking great :) alot of fun

the uadmin mod causes some hicups when players join or when you first join but other than that its cool i guess..

btw what does this admin mod actually do ? i mean is a need or could we live with something like utsecure or utcomp... just trying to figure out why we are using it..

but at any rate.. gotta love faster game play now :) was pinging 30-50 earlier and thats big improvement from the 90-130

GC Founder
I've seen no lag, the question is, is it because of the reboot or because of fewer players? You might want to consider upping the player count angain to confrim.

I will, but I've also heard that 20 player ONS hurts the CPU....but then why are there still plenty of 20's and up?

Upping back to 20...if lag returns, we know. Please report back.

My contacts over at Recongamer tell me that a 20 person ONS server uses up about 40% CPU. So if (and there always are) other servers hosted on that box, well it's going to lag the heck outta the box, especially with bots.

ReconGamer probably has very similar systems across the board (which I would also assumed would be a pretty standard system for most game server renters) so they can make a blanket analysis statement like that.

yes 20 = lag again. try 20 without the admin mod... next....

but i think 18 is the sweet number..

ps idle kick time is way to high.. i was sitting still for under a min eatting some chicken salad and it was trying to boot me already...

and for spec i was speccing someone and i got booted within a min also..*unless specing is a GC no timelimit only thing*

bleh thats lame :P i guess its just a onslaught problem really.. other servers i play dont set idle time and force respawn so if your idling ur stats are going down because ur going to die over and over and over :P

o btw ...... there is a spawn safty timer on ? maybe 1 second or something.. because i was mowing people down spawning at a node and when they respawned they got hit but didnt die on first pass ? or did i just miss (unlikely :P)

o btw ...... there is a spawn safty timer on ? maybe 1 second or something.. because i was mowing people down spawning at a node and when they respawned they got hit but didnt die on first pass ? or did i just miss

There is a spawn safety timer on just for that purpose. :nono:

GC Founder

-spawn protection is 2 (range is 2 to 30)

-max back to 18

-max idle kick time is 32 seconds...sorry bro, nothing we can do because we're not doing no-kicking

-bub has a lot on his plate, use the web admin for now, he'll get it working asap.