Having trouble with my eyes..

Heartless

Is it just me or when I sit at my puter too long my eyes start to sting :( actually its not when i sit at my puter too long its more when i get up and im NOT looking at my computer that my eyes get all whacky on me and they hurt.. am i the only one.. or do my eyes just love my computer too much? And what the hell can i do stop it.. its really starting to hurt! (Don't even sugest me not spending so much time on my puter.. cause that's not gonna happen.. sorry)

Get a good monitor with a better refresh rate so that it's not so hard on your eyes. If you are in front of your monitor for long periods of time as are all of us in this community make sure you have a good refresh rate going. That usually helps ease the eyes although any extended period of time in front of the computer will eventually get to you. If that doesn't work take a little 5 minute break every hour or so to let your eyes rest.

meh, i can't bare to leave my puter.. imma gonna marry it :) i love it so much.. hahaha

I have a really good monitor already... its really big :) cept.. i do need to clean it really bad... hm.. thank you for reminding me.. lol

and thanks for ur suggestions!

yeah my monitor has 60hz also....

but at work I have a 20in monitor and at home I have a 24in so I need some smaller monitors in my life....my eyesite has gotten noticeably worse in the months I've been at my new job...and it sucks cause at this rate by the time I'm 40 I wont' be able to see 10 feet....

I should probably make an investment in an LCD monitor since those don't damage your eyes as much...

Speaking of monitors, i think mine died on me today. :( Disrupted my daily routine of waking up, turning the monitor on, make coffee, then shower. Couldn't help feeling a loss. More like something is incomplete.

So poor me am stuck without a puter for god knows how long. :( I'll see you guys around when my conmputer is jump start to life.

Sorry to hear about the monitor contra, i'm sure you'll find one and get back to kicking my butt. Heartless, your eyes could be as a result from a poorly designed monitor but it could also be an ergonomic problem. For the time being I agree with Zap take a break you don't have to leave your computer if you don't want. Just pick a point about 20 feet away and focus on that for a couple of minutes. Your eyes are muscles too and need to be worked out other wise they'll cramp. Hope you feel better.

Magruter

i did go to the gym last night.. and ugh im in so much pain.. working out is just not for me. I guess I'm born to be a fat a$$.. heheh

I think i have an eye doctor appt this week sometime.. i will mention my problem to him.. see what he says.. but its good to hear that im not the only one with this problem! I thought maybe i just spend TOO much time on my puter :(